6th December 2013, 09:40 AM |#101  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturn2K

Yeah, all of those happened.

Yesterday evening while I was trying to find what is going on on your phone and after installing CM11 (KitKat) on one of my development devices I watched a behavior that you might also be affected of.
I installed the current Xposed Framework, installed HushSMS and my Xposed module andf rebooted. Then I sent a class0 to one of my other devices to see if it works. The class0 was sent and received correctly but in the inbox of th sending device (with Android 4.4) there was the "allyoumessagesarebelongtous|0|test"

Is this the same problem as yours? Then it's a bug that only displays the message wrong in the inbox but it gets sent out correctly. I will fix this in the next release. Please note that due to the fact that Google removed HushSMS I first need to implement an updated mechanism prior to fixing bugs so all users of HushSMS get notified on a new release. At the same time I hopefully can resolve this bug.

You also said that the class0 was received as normal sms. This can only be related to AT&T. I assume they transform class0 into a normal sms. The Telekom in Germany does this for Type0 and Replace Messages. Have you tried a ping message (Type0 and the others) or MWI?

Cheers,

Michael
5th January 2014, 11:56 PM |#102  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!
Thanks Meter: 655

Donate to Me
More
@c0rnholio: Waiting for new features..
9th February 2014, 01:31 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello, thank your for your developpement, i'm using it with Galaxy s4 i9505, Cyanogenmod 10.2 with Xposed module installed and HushSms Exposed Helper 1.7.4, sms 0 are send but the receiver can see all informations and sms get stored as a normal sms .

My receiver have got Galaxy S4 i9505 too .

Thx in advance.

PS: i've tried to install the HushSMS-ROOT but when starting directly crash with this message; " com.android.phone" crashed
9th February 2014, 08:04 PM |#104  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Hi,
what message have you sent, type0 or class0?
A class0 does not hide the senders data. Apples iPhone however fails to read the senders number and display it. All other phones of course show the senders number and additionally the message is storable as a normal sms. The special about class0 is just that it is meant to be displayed immediately. Some providers, for example the german telekom, rewrite class0 messages to normal sms but I don't know of others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0Rk

Hello, thank your for your developpement, i'm using it with Galaxy s4 i9505, Cyanogenmod 10.2 with Xposed module installed and HushSms Exposed Helper 1.7.4, sms 0 are send but the receiver can see all informations and sms get stored as a normal sms .

My receiver have got Galaxy S4 i9505 too .

Thx in advance.

PS: i've tried to install the HushSMS-ROOT but when starting directly crash with this message; " com.android.phone" crashed

10th February 2014, 03:21 AM |#105  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rnholio

Hi,

Short question @c0rnholio: If class 0 just tries to hide the number, does type 0 not even send it? I mean, is there even a way to send a message where its source is not identifyable?
10th February 2014, 09:03 AM |#106  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Hi,
The class 0 / Flash SMS is not meant to be stealthy. The number is transmitted. This message is designed to be displayed as a popup message for immediate displaying to the user without going over the regular inbox. If the number is not shown like on iPhones it is an implementation fault. The senders number is available to the sms stack and can easily be read.

The type 0 / Silent Ping is meant to be stealthy. Per standard the receipt of this messagr must be acklowledged by any device but must not be displayed to the user in any kind. Usually this message gets handled in the baseband so the OS never gets aware of it. This is definately the case in Android devices. The senders number is transmitted but as it never reaches the OS it can not be interpreted. This is the main reason why in my oppinion you will not be able to get aware of beeing tracked by a type0. For this you would need access to the baseband which is to the best of my knowledge protected from beeing accessed by the OS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

Short questio @c0rnholio: If class 0 just tries to hide the number, does type 0 not even send it? I mean, is there even a way to send a message where its source is not identifyable?

The Following User Says Thank You to c0rnholio For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift c0rnholio Ad-Free
10th February 2014, 12:33 PM |#107  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
hi,
Can anyone suggest me any free messaging app for android 4.4? coz I tried free SMS India. it didn't work properly for this version of android
10th February 2014, 03:34 PM |#108  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi,
A class0 does not hide the senders data. Apples iPhone however fails to read the senders number and display it. All other phones of course show the senders number and additionally the message is storable as a normal sms. The special about class0 is just that it is meant to be displayed immediately. Some providers, for example the german telekom, rewrite class0 messages to normal sms but I don't know of others.

i have send classe 0 and my operator is french, maybe he is rewriting sms to normal one :s
Is there an other way to see if it's my operator or something wrong in my galaxy s4.
10th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#109  
Flag DEUTSCHLAND!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Usually this message gets handled in the baseband so the OS never gets aware of it. This is definately the case in Android devices. The senders number is transmitted but as it never reaches the OS it can not be interpreted. This is the main reason why in my oppinion you will not be able to get aware of beeing tracked by a type0. For this you would need access to the baseband which is to the best of my knowledge protected from beeing accessed by the OS.

I guess this closed source "protection" is one of the reasons why @E:V:A is trying to build a Qualcomm Hexagon Disassembler. Do you really think building an app as a bridge from the OS to the baseband is impossible?
11th February 2014, 11:43 PM |#110  
OP Senior Member
Flag in the basement...

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SecUpwN

I guess this closed source "protection" is one of the reasons why @E:V:A is trying to build a Qualcomm Hexagon Disassembler. Do you really think building an app as a bridge from the OS to the baseband is impossible?

As we all know nothing is impossible but this goes far beyond my skope and current knowledge. I can't currently imagine that there will be a universal solution for all kind of devices, but who knows what engaged individuals will find out tomorrow. We will see sooner later.
12th February 2014, 03:53 AM |#111  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Does it works on 4.4?, if you don't set your app as sms default app, you can't receive any sms.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)