Aluminum case?

Search This thread

eric150

Oct 18, 2013
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luxury-Moto...Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&var=&hash=item25903a95fd

Will this case make my signal weaker and make the battery drain faster?
I really like the look of the case but this is my main concern
fa856a3eff8770cd68a1e99f2058eab0.jpg

Thanks!

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
It looks like from the photos, that the black plastic on the case is over the plastic strips where the antenna are located on the M8. If true, I would think it would have minimal or no effect on signal.

The brushed metal looks nice, and the colors are cool. But the shape reminds me of the nearly ubiquitous iPhone cases.

eric150

Oct 18, 2013
Thanks
I'm hesitant to get it because the front isn't protected , but I have a tempered glass protector. I don't know if that's enough protection

Traceamount

Jul 20, 2010
OKC, OK

Think he was looking for facts / information. There is / was a guy doing custom aluminum cases on here. He did some testing back on the HTC Evo 4g LTE with his cases. IIRC the signal was -81 db with the case and -84 without, or vice versa. It was quite a minor difference. It had no effect on the amount of bars I had at home.

On HIS cases, there is rubber inserts on the case the cushioned the phone. So there was no movement, no vibration / scratching etc. Idk about this case in question. Mine was customized with Steelers logos on it :D

evrycard

Jun 16, 2013
I have one of these case and I lost like 1 or 2 bars on my signal.
I don't know where the interference came from.

Elsydeon

Feb 10, 2010
Hilo

I would not recommend these, I bought one of these recently for the M8 and while putting it on, had issues with it scratching and gouging the chamfered bezel edge near where the bumper locks together. The inner edges are extremely sharp on this bumper. I had no issues with the one they made for the M7, which used screws to hold them together.

AugustJuly

Aug 15, 2013
From my experience, aluminum cases have degraded quality I'm signal. However, with the use of plastic, this may work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got the cases a few days ago and they are pretty nice and don't change my signal.
    Very nice! Thank you so much for posting the pics. I've had my eye on them every since you started the thread.

How much thicker is the case than the phone itself? I would assume it adds a bit of thickness since the back of the case is flat as opposed to the curved back of the M8.
    You're welcome

I'd say that the case adds two or three millimeters to the phones thickness and it is a Little chunky, which I don't mind.
    Here's a photo with the phone next to the case

***okay so I just compared it to my Spigen ultra fit capsule which is a clear thich Tpu case and its the same thickness. I think the only reason it seems thicker is because there's no curve on this new case
    You're welcome

I'd say that the case adds two or three millimeters to the phones thickness and it is a Little chunky, which I don't mind.
    Here's a photo with the phone next to the case

***okay so I just compared it to my Spigen ultra fit capsule which is a clear thich Tpu case and its the same thickness. I think the only reason it seems thicker is because there's no curve on this new case

You are my hero.