Camera focus stuck on N7100

Search This thread

estugarda

Aug 27, 2010
After more than 1.5 yrs of using my Note 2, recently I noticed that sometimes the camera focus gets stuck. It seems to be at macro focus distance. So everything close to the lens will be clear, and things beyond that blurred. There is no way to refocus. No matter what I do (using manual touch focus, setting to autofocus, setting to macro focus, setting to video mode, killing the camera app or restarting the phone) it is stuck for some time. And then it just starts to work again by itself after few minutes. Completely randomly it seems. I'd say it gets stuck approx every 5th time when I turn the camera on.

If I look at the lens, while the focus is stuck, the lens, naturally, also don't move as they move when the focus is not stuck.

What could this be? My bet would be an issue with camera, but I'd like to exclude any possible known issue, before I RMA it. I still have few months of warranty. Normally I would be doing the factory reset, but I was kinda waiting for the 4.3 or 4.4.2 update, and fresh flash.

I'm running stock 4.1.2 (still the latest official for me), and it is rooted, and triangled away. Everything else is stock. I use stock camera app. Also I don't seem to have any other problems. When it does focus, the camera produces sharp photos. SO no problems there either.

PS The lens are clean and undamaged, as is the whole phone.

Last edited: