[LIST] Where to Buy NFC Tags (updated 06/29/2012)

Search This thread

tr.slate

Jan 26, 2009
Austin
In italy is realy difficult to find...only on web store

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

Here in the US I haven't really been able to find them in retail stores either, but hopefully through this list everyone will be able to find an online nfc store that ships to their country.

If you find any new ones for Italy that aren't on the list, post them here and I'll add them to the OP.:)

tconwa1

Jan 9, 2009
Just bought 20 from tagsfordroid.com with the free keychain added... I cannot wait for this. Used to play with Tasker all the time but bot caught up with changing phones and roms to often while I was a Sprint employee.

Now that it is integrated with Tasker, oh my oh my I cannot wait.

Definitely going to play around with the usual, in car home work locations profiles, but things will definitely get interesting with Glympse use.

Depending on how much I can jam pack onto 1k tag, I may consider setting up complete sets of full profiles with the use of different launchers and layouts and home switcher, changing ringtones, etc etc to fit personal vs work use layouts.

May adhere one to my portable iHome rechargable speakers, and with Tasker and NFC Tag Launcher set it up to under the context of being plugged in to headphones set media volume this, launch spotify that, etc.

Have one for the movie theater, set phone to vibrate, send incomming call to voicemail, autoreply to sender I am in a movie I will call you back later, set up rules if the same caller calls within a timeframe play a single beep notification etc.

Possibilities are endless here.

StormMcCloud

Jul 21, 2010
Atlanta, Ga
I have to give tagsfordroid props. I just ordered a set from them at 10am this morning and they already processed and shipped the order.

21stNow

Dec 25, 2010
Samsung came out with a press release for their TecTiles that said that they would be available in the major US carriers' stores. So far, I haven't found a store that had them. If anyone knows of a carrier store that sells them, let me know. TecTiles are more expensive than other NFC tags that I have seen online but when you factor in convenience and the speed of getting them, along with no shipping costs, it may not be too bad.

kc_exactly

Oct 21, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I called all the local phone retailers and none of them carry them. This is despite the fact that Samsung wrote in their press release they are "available now" at all four major phone providers in the store.

I am in Kansas City. Best Buy, Radioshack, and Microcenter don't have them either. Am I missing something. They don't even have generic tags from another company. Anyone know of another store to try or have they had luck at any of the phone provider's retail locations?

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield
I called all the local phone retailers and none of them carry them. This is despite the fact that Samsung wrote in their press release they are "available now" at all four major phone providers in the store.

I am in Kansas City. Best Buy, Radioshack, and Microcenter don't have them either. Am I missing something. They don't even have generic tags from another company. Anyone know of another store to try or have they had luck at any of the phone provider's retail locations?

They aren't available until June 21

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Reactions: kc_exactly

vijaytholpadi

Jun 19, 2012
Does someone know any vendors in South Asia? Preferably India? Else wouldn't mind an affordable shipping option.

Thanks in advance.:)

Last edited:

tr.slate

Jan 26, 2009
Austin
Samsung came out with a press release for their TecTiles that said that they would be available in the major US carriers' stores. So far, I haven't found a store that had them. If anyone knows of a carrier store that sells them, let me know. TecTiles are more expensive than other NFC tags that I have seen online but when you factor in convenience and the speed of getting them, along with no shipping costs, it may not be too bad.

Yeah, $15 US for 5 tags is wayyyy too much for me. I can find them at one of the links in the OP for about $1 US. Glad to see them pushing the tech though.

NFCZone.net

Dec 31, 2011
Aalborg
Cheap Shipping

In italy is realy difficult to find...only on web store

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA

We do shipping to Italy.. If you select the cheapest shipping option, you can get
a "standard" size package for around 5-10 USD.
Shipping time to italy is 2-3 days. ;)

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Does someone know any vendors in South Asia? Preferably India? Else wouldn't mind an affordable shipping option.

Thanks in advance.:)

Hey, we sent a package to Singapore today.. 17 tags.. shpping: $4.45 USD ;)

So if you can't find a vendor in India, you know where to find us :cool:

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Without wishing to seem disrespectful to the OP, this is exactly the sort of thing the Wiki should be used for - that way anyone can update the list.

I have now created a wiki page for NFC Tags and have started to copy across some of the details found on here.
But it would go a lot quicker if other people chipped in.

Also, on the Wiki page, I've added a 'minimum order quantity' listing for all retailers. I felt it was pertinent as some sites have minimum quantities of 100 or more.
If anyone else does copy stuff across from here to there, just do as I've been doing so far and put in '???' - I'll do the leg work at some point and check each site individually.

Bardamuz

Apr 21, 2012
Singapore
Without wishing to seem disrespectful to the OP, this is exactly the sort of thing the Wiki should be used for - that way anyone can update the list.

I have now created a wiki page for NFC Tags and have started to copy across some of the details found on here.

Also, on the Wiki page, I've added a 'minimum order quantity' listing for all retailers. I felt it was pertinent as some sites have minimum quantities of 100 or more.
If anyone else does copy stuff across from here to there, just do as I've been doing so far and put in '???' - I'll do the leg work at some point and check each site individually.

hi thanks for the dirty job ;-)

only one things is not so easy to edit the wiki , i have the complete list of existing NFC tag , but as it's not that simple ( or i am not familair with such format) i can't update it

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
hi thanks for the dirty job ;-)

only one things is not so easy to edit the wiki , i have the complete list of existing NFC tag , but as it's not that simple ( or i am not familair with such format) i can't update it
It takes a bit of getting used to, I admit but it's the first time for me too and I'm picking it up as I go along.
There's an editing guide that's worth a quick look.

Alternatively, if you PM me the info, I'll see about entering it myself when I have a bit of time.

Reactions: Bardamuz

krohnjw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 17, 2007
Plainfield

I updated your tag listing, shops listings and apps sections with some more info and details

Reactions: Bardamuz

Step666

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 13, 2009
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
But for the Xperia smart Tag you are wrong i have test it with many NFC device and it work fine if you have the Liveware app and the SonySmart app's
Are you sure?

I thought the SmartTag app only worked with tags that were pre-formatted to match it - the SmartTag tags have some sort of incomprehensible code on them that the app matches to the actions and if you didn't have that, it wouldn't work.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I've been trying to compile a well rounded list of places that sell NFC tags, for people that want to purchase tags online and locally. Here is what I have found so far, if you know of a place (especially locally) please post it in this thread and I'll try to keep the OP updated. Keep in mind that I havent ordered from all of these places, therefore I remind you that this is not an endorsement of the quality of service of any of the places listed. Buy at your own risk – as always.;)

GENRAL INFO:

[Q] Does my phone need NFC built-in in order to use NFC tags?
    [A] Yes, at the moment, with the exception of some UK services like Barclays (afaik)

[Q] What formatting should I buy when looking for an NFC tag?
    [A] As long as you are on Android 4.0.3 and above (you can use NXP Tag Writer to format on 4.0.2, thx krohnjw) you shouldn't have an issue with unformatted or NDEF formatted tags. With NFC Task Launcher and others on the Google Play Store you should be able to format your own. Pre 4.0.3 look for NDEF formatted tags, as there may be an issue formatting your own.

GOOD NFC APPS:

- NFC Task Launcher
    - NFC Tagwriter by NXP
    (more coming soon...at work;)

ONLINE RESOURCES:

androidbands.de (germany based, ships worldwide)
    sparkfun.com (us based)
    nfc-tag-shop.de (germany based - free shipping to germany - ships worldwide)
    nfczone.net (denmark based - ships worldwide)
    tagstand.com/ (us based - ships worldwide)
    buynfctags.com/ (us based - ships worldwide)
    rapidnfc.com/ (uk based - ships to uk & europe)
    airnfc.com/ (ireland based - ships worldwide)
    tagage.net/ (finland based - ships worldwide)
    touchatag.com (ireland based? - **caution tags may be locked to their service**)
    rfidshop.com (uk based - ships to uk & europe)
    buysmartcard.com/ (asia based - ships to various countries)
    tagsfordroid.com (us based - ships worldwide)
    identivenfc.com (us based - ships worldwide)
    nfcdog.com (uk based - ships worldwide)
    toptunniste.fi (finland based - ships worldwide)
    nfcnetstore.com/ (finland based)
    kimtag.com (uk based)
    simplenfc.com (us based)
    nfctagstore.com (uk based?)
    atuch.com (us based - ships worldwide)
    nfclabels.com (us based)
    nfc-hub.com (uk based)
    aliexpress.com (wholesaler? asia based?)
    www.smartcardfocus.com (various countries)

LOCAL RESOURCES:

Fry's Electronics (call store to check – mine didn't have them but I've heard other stores do. Or more likely everyone I asked just didn't know what NFC was...)

tagsfordroid has a special deal this weekend.
    from the google+ page.

"All orders placed this weekend will receive the following bonus:

- 1 FREE NFC key-chain per order
    - 1 FREE tag for every 5 tags purchased

Hurry, this offer ends May 21st at 11:59 EDT."

https://plus.google.com/b/103863921109677949872/103863921109677949872/posts/K6BBDqdUccM
    http://www.nfczone.net
    Based in Denmark and we ship worldwide. Cheap shipping options available.. :)
    Hey guys,

here is a shop I would like to add:

www.flashNFC.com

It's a company based in Germany but they send NFC Tags WORLD WIDE FREE OF CHARGE and even without an mimimum pruchase value, which means that you could also order a single tag for a unbeatable price... :)

They have different domains: www.flashNFC-shop.com , .de, .ch, .dk....etc....