Search This thread

marinalin85

Jan 22, 2012
Moldova Noua
THIS IS AN UPDATE!!!
xda.jpg
Hello everyone!!!
Today i want to show you a amazing ROM.
ICS Tentative ROM based on custom ROM 2.2.2 for Alcatel OT 908 made by ruscan.calin with ICS Style made by me :D

[ REQUIREMENTS ]
-this custom ROM is for Alcatel OT-908 phone or branded one Cosmote/Globul/T-Mobile/Orange Move
-NOW for Alcatel OT-908 F/S/A
-also must have CWM recovery installed

[ FEATURES ]
-see here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1608705

[ HOW TO INSTALL ]
-enter "recovery mod" by pressing POWER and then press VOL UP+HOME over 10s
-wipe cache
-wipe data
-install zip from sd: Alcatel OT908/OT908F/S/S ICS Tentative.zip
-reboot system now

[ DOWNLOAD ]
Alcatel OT908 ICS Tentative
Alcatel OT908 F/S/A ICS Tentative

Hit the 'Thanks' button for ruscan.calin and for me of course ;)!
Enjoy!!!2012.05.06-20.10.13.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.10.21.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.10.45.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.11.14.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.11.43.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.11.53.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.12.04.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.12.28.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.12.54.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.13.42.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.13.54.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.14.52.jpeg

2012.05.06-20.15.03.jpeg

View attachment 1044853

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Hello everyone!!!
I am Alin, and i want to show you something awesome:eek:
This is the first ICE CREAM SANDWICH ROM for ALCATEL OT908 based on 2.2.2 FroYo.

Alineee bafta mare !!!

I say thanks to be the first to understand my purpose with this custom ROM
I mean everybody is free to change/customize with his prefered theme and a lot more..
but to accomplish this one has to do some work here...;):eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: marinalin85

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
this custom ROM for ot-908 f/s/a

to make this ROM to work on ot-908 s/f/a then only thing to change is regarding keys/sensor buttons so I changed these to correspond and result is this isdm_KeypadLayout.kl file you have to replace in your ROM before flashing

do like this

take that update.zip- custom ROM and unpack files use 7.zip or whatever you want
copy and overwrite isdm_KeypadLayout.kl in \custpack\usr\keylayout\

this file contains correct key mapping for ot-908 f/s/a phones
now it's time to pack/sign again your ROM so

1.delete these files

META-INF\CERT.SF
META-INF\MANIFEST.MF
META-INF\CERT.RSA
(this is old signature /md5 hashes )

2. pack again make that update.zip (not signed yet)

3 copy testsign.jar from attach to folder where update.zip resides
now enter from command line this command -to sign update.zip
java -classpath testsign.jar testsign update.zip update-signed.zip
as a result you get update-signed.zip (this is signed)

now you can flash your signed ROM by CWM

Attachments

• testsign.jar
    13.2 KB · Views: 331
  • isdm_KeypadLayout.zip
    471 bytes · Views: 288
Last edited:

warrain

Nov 14, 2011
another ROM and its looks grate, but we still need a way to unlock this phone for free, cuz paying for every IMEI you send the unlock websites is not that great.

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
another ROM and its looks grate, but we still need a way to unlock this phone for free, cuz paying for every IMEI you send the unlock websites is not that great.

just nice :)

maybe you talk about SIM-unlock here yes this can be done by online services even if you pay for it but I suppose you was thinking to flash another ROM and this is something different -this means to unlock bootloader/ take S-off and I can assure you there is no online service to do that for you at this time...or if you know something share here I want to pay for it
yes one has to pay for it... it's not like this site where one can say thanks or don't care about or if you think somebody will buy a tool/box/dongle/ or brick a few phones to get unlocked bootloader for you free of charge ... this looks pretty bad...

another question here...

what to do with an unlocked bootloader ?:D you need a firmware for it...
yes I know ..for free..

I recommend someone to read a few books before thinking to make/ port a ROM to a phone is as easy as copy/paste files from somewhere...

I do not intend to upset anyone but...
also consider to READ THIS

Last edited:

gulyuk.s

Jan 4, 2012
Neftekamsk
I make my own icons.
Here is my status_bar_tracking, see yourself how its look;)

hmm...but it is not in status_bar_tracking,I find it in status_bar_expanded.xml
Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/switchers" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_header_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="51.0px">
        <TableLayout android:gravity="center" android:background="@drawable/switcher_plate" android:layout_width="230.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px" android:layout_marginTop="2.0px" android:stretchColumns="0,1,2,3,4">
            <TableRow android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/gps" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/gps_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_gps_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/bluetooth" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/bluetooth_image" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_bluetooth_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/wifi" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/wifi_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_wifi_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/airplane" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/airplane_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_plane_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/silent" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/silent_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_volume_normal" />
                </LinearLayout>
            </TableRow>
        </TableLayout>
    </LinearLayout>

This block of code sets only display icons and does not make them working, that is not activated by pressing either which the procedure, whether it's BT or GPS
Is this true? :confused:

marinalin85

Jan 22, 2012
Moldova Noua
hmm...but it is not in status_bar_tracking,I find it in status_bar_expanded.xml
Code:
    <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/switchers" android:background="@drawable/status_bar_header_background" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="51.0px">
        <TableLayout android:gravity="center" android:background="@drawable/switcher_plate" android:layout_width="230.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px" android:layout_marginTop="2.0px" android:stretchColumns="0,1,2,3,4">
            <TableRow android:gravity="center_horizontal" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="fill_parent">
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/gps" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:layout_gravity="center" android:id="@id/gps_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_gps_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/bluetooth" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/bluetooth_image" android:layout_width="fill_parent" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_bluetooth_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/wifi" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/wifi_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_wifi_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/airplane" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/airplane_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_plane_on" />
                </LinearLayout>
                <LinearLayout android:gravity="center" android:orientation="vertical" android:id="@id/silent" android:focusable="true" android:clickable="true" android:layout_width="46.0px" android:layout_height="45.0px">
                    <ImageView android:id="@id/silent_image" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:src="@drawable/status_bar_switch_apps_volume_normal" />
                </LinearLayout>
            </TableRow>
        </TableLayout>
    </LinearLayout>

This block of code sets only display icons and does not make them working, that is not activated by pressing either which the procedure, whether it's BT or GPS
Is this true? :confused:

Yes, it is true!

marinalin85

Jan 22, 2012
Moldova Noua
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts