[ADB/FB/APX Driver] Universal Naked Driver 0.72

Search This thread

Mangala_Dharma

May 24, 2011
Montreal
Amazing drivers ! My Prime was stuck into recovery bootloop after stupid reboot to recovery by menu, so a nuce combination of your drivers + WSG unbricker for adb access + Diamondback's 1a instructions got me out of this .

Thanks again !

Sent from my HTC One V using my Dog

Subsonic44

Jan 21, 2012
Virginia
Trying to figure this out... I've installed the Universal Naked Drivers after uninstalling the ASUS package and deleting the device from device manager. Seems to have worked, but I'm having a problem trying to use adb. When I start my Prime in Recovery (TWRP) and type adb devices, the output is: $ro.serialno recovery

I've successfully been able to push a small text file to the sdcard by typing:
adb push NOTICE.txt /sdcard/

But when I try to push a larger file (cobalt theme in my test case) using this command: adb push cobalt.zip /sdcard/

I get a "protocol failure" after about 10 seconds.

Any ideas? I'd really like to know that I can sucessfully use adb in case of an emergency.

Thanks

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Trying to figure this out... I've installed the Universal Naked Drivers after uninstalling the ASUS package and deleting the device from device manager. Seems to have worked, but I'm having a problem trying to use adb. When I start my Prime in Recovery (TWRP) and type adb devices, the output is: $ro.serialno recovery

I've successfully been able to push a small text file to the sdcard by typing:
adb push NOTICE.txt /sdcard/

But when I try to push a larger file (cobalt theme in my test case) using this command: adb push cobalt.zip /sdcard/

I get a "protocol failure" after about 10 seconds.

Any ideas? I'd really like to know that I can sucessfully use adb in case of an emergency.

Thanks

The prime is a little finaky. Open your SDK folder-single click on platform tools to highlight it-press and hold shift and right click- then choose open command line here. It worked for me when nothing else did.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Subsonic44

Jan 21, 2012
Virginia
The prime is a little finaky. Open your SDK folder-single click on platform tools to highlight it-press and hold shift and right click- then choose open command line here. It worked for me when nothing else did.

Thanks for trying, but that doesn't work. I have found that I can successfully adb push a file if my prime is booted to system, but when I'm booted to recovery, I get the protocol error with large files. I may try installing the drivers on an old windows xp laptop I have and see if that helps.

EDIT: I think I've fixed it. I went into task manager on my laptop and ended process on anything ASUS. Apparently ASUS sync or web storage (probably sync) were interfering with the file transfer. With them disabled, I was able to adb push from the command prompt and also use QtADB to delete my test file and to recopy it.

Last edited:

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Thanks for trying, but that doesn't work. I have found that I can successfully adb push a file if my prime is booted to system, but when I'm booted to recovery, I get the protocol error with large files. I may try installing the drivers on an old windows xp laptop I have and see if that helps.

EDIT: I think I've fixed it. I went into task manager on my laptop and ended process on anything ASUS. Apparently ASUS sync or web storage (probably sync) were interfering with the file transfer. With them disabled, I was able to adb push from the command prompt and also use QtADB to delete my test file and to recopy it.

I forgot about Asus sync they do mess things up. I'm glad you got it though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Subsonic44

sachinkumar1312

May 1, 2012
New Delhi
universal naked driver beta 0.6.1
** added fastboot mode for asus transformer prime (tested flashing recovery)
!!! Warning - fastboot devices command does not work, and all fastboot commands need to have "-i 0x0b05" to work.
!!! I.e. Fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash recovery tfp_cwm5.sos

universal naked driver beta 0.6
** over 75,000+ downloads
** many htc devices added for adb/fb (no fancy names for now, sorry)
** original transformer prime apx mode added - thanks josteink
** now supporting over 250+ devices

32 & 64 bit windows 7/vista/xp - attached to this post!
md5: Cf1fe2995ecd862166d8b64a2b056b56

i am happy to release my universal naked driver beta. This is to allow adb, fastboot & apx interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that i couldnt use my transformer prime and galaxy nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the sensation & galaxy nexus was helpful so i thought i would bring to xda the newest android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Going forward i have the challenge of maintaining this to work with new devices and i am not sure about the legacy devices but its possible to make this work with all phones and tablets. That being said i will need help from the community to get the proper devices id's for each device in all its modes, a public repository is possible but i will worry about that after the beta.

warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "delete the driver software for this device" then hit ok and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
asus transformer adb, fastboot & apx
asus transformer prime adb, fastboot & apx
asus eee pad slider adb, fastboot & apx
samsung phones adb & fastboot
samsung galaxy nexus adb & fastboot
htc devices adb & fastboot

enjoy!

why it's still in beta??

ThunderRootedDragon

Jul 21, 2011
Thanks. Worked like a charm on my prime but not working on my thunderbolt...any help would be much appreciated...

Download zip, place on c: drive in folder titled udrivers, unzip, device manager, update driver "HTC android phone USB device", select udrivers filepath. I get at "update wizard could not find a better match yada yada."

Am I missing something?

*adb commands are not recognized for the TB

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Thanks. Worked like a charm on my prime but not working on my thunderbolt...any help would be much appreciated...

Download zip, place on c: drive in folder titled udrivers, unzip, device manager, update driver "HTC android phone USB device", select udrivers filepath. I get at "update wizard could not find a better match yada yada."

Am I missing something?

How are you accessing the command window? I know on some devices you need to open the SDK folder, single click on platform tools to highlight, hold shift and right click, then choose open command window here. Just a thought.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille

Am I missing something?

Uninstall previous drivers, do not upgrade them.

ThunderRootedDragon

Jul 21, 2011
Uninstall previous drivers, do not upgrade them.

Unless I missed a driver, I did uninstall previous drivers...even manually...would you recommend I start over? e.g. erase all drives again? Actually, not that I think of it, it may be an "all in one tool" for the thunderbolt that is housing a driver...I'll go ahead and try that, but will have to wait to Monday -- work computer. :)

Also, as a side note (I may not explain this well so bare with me) I have two files that house root tools and adb for each device. Should the universal driver be in the same path? Or are drivers separate from adb?

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
Unless I missed a driver, I did uninstall previous drivers...even manually...would you recommend I start over? e.g. erase all drives again? Actually, not that I think of it, it may be an "all in one tool" for the thunderbolt that is housing a driver...I'll go ahead and try that, but will have to wait to Monday -- work computer. :)

Also, as a side note (I may not explain this well so bare with me) I have two files that house root tools and adb for each device. Should the universal driver be in the same path? Or are drivers separate from adb?

Driver files? you put them where you want, because the OS will INSTALL them. Erase drivers, reboot, plug your device, a pop up window will ask you to install automatically drivers, answer No, select the option enabling to specify a path, use it to select the folder of Universal Nakes drivers, and that's it.

When you boot in APX mode you could have to repaeat it, don't remember.

ThunderRootedDragon

Jul 21, 2011
Driver files? you put them where you want, because the OS will INSTALL them. Erase drivers, reboot, plug your device, a pop up window will ask you to install automatically drivers, answer No, select the option enabling to specify a path, use it to select the folder of Universal Nakes drivers, and that's it.

When you boot in APX mode you could have to repaeat it, don't remember.

Okay, the help is much appreciated...but for some reason this is not working....can't be that I have old drivers, because I just got a brand new PC for work. And now it's not working for the prime or the TB

Here are my steps:
Downloaded zip, extracted in a folder called udriver on the c: driver, plugged each device separately (tried entire thing 2 times), device manager right click on my device (shows up in two places, tried both), click update, browse to path with udriver in it, I get the "the best driver for your device is already installed message."

adb commands do not work for neither device: "adb devices."

Any and all help would be much appreciated...SORRY I know this is really basic ish..but, it's just not working.

ThunderRootedDragon

Jul 21, 2011
How are you accessing the command window? I know on some devices you need to open the SDK folder, single click on platform tools to highlight, hold shift and right click, then choose open command window here. Just a thought.

Must have missed this post....SDK folder? Maybe I'm asking the wrong questions...lol...do I need anything other than these drivers to set up ADB for my devices...I know that is a basic question, but I rooted my thunderbolt way back when, before once click methods, followed a tutorial not really taking in what I did....When I rooted my prime, I used an all in one tool by viperboy....Got a new work computer so all that stuff is gone....time and help is appreciated.

ThunderRootedDragon

Jul 21, 2011
Okay...GOT IT!! Thank you both for your help. Two main problems. 1. Very obvious noob mistake. Can you guess? This dummy did not have the SDK installed! Hello! 2. Windows 7 pro was set up to auto install drivers..had to change a few settings to get it to stop. All is well.

Thanks to the OP for your hard work.

fredgar75

Feb 18, 2012
Jacksonville
Okay...GOT IT!! Thank you both for your help. Two main problems. 1. Very obvious noob mistake. Can you guess? This dummy did not have the SDK installed! Hello! 2. Windows 7 pro was set up to auto install drivers..had to change a few settings to get it to stop. All is well.

Thanks to the OP for your hard work.

Sorry I missed your earlier post but I'm glad you got it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Universal Naked Driver 0.72
    ** Google Nexus 4 Added
    ** Google Nexus 10 Added
    ** Google Nexus Q Added
    ** Google Nexus S Added

32 & 64 Bit Windows 8 / 7 / Vista / XP - Attached to this post!
    MD5: 30D25BC073F010CA01178CD6E2C5E4FA

I am happy to release my Universal Naked Driver. This is to allow ADB, Fastboot & APX interfaces to work without installing any package much less multiples packages for users with multiple devices. Yes you can just install them and uninstall right away but why bother?

I was annoyed that I couldnt use my Transformer Prime and Galaxy Nexus without having versions and packages trip over each other. My previous post for the Sensation & Galaxy Nexus was helpful so I thought I would bring to XDA the newest Android driver available from source (which they call 4.0) and make it start talking.

Warning: Uninstall any previous driver package's you may have installed and also manually remove drivers by attaching your phone and going to Windows device manager and right click the entry for your phone and select "Uninstall" on the next prompt make sure to select "Delete the driver software for this device" then hit OK and reboot before installing these drivers

Code:
    Google Nexus Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Samsung Devices ADB & Fastboot
    Asus Devices ADB, Fastboot & APX
    HTC Devices ADB & Fastboot

Code:
    [B]Windows 8 Instructions[/B]

How to Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in Windows 8:

From the Metro Start Screen, open Settings (move your mouse to the bottom-right-corner of the screen and wait for the pop-out bar to appear, then click the Gear icon).
    Click ‘More PC Settings’.
    Click ‘General’.
    Scroll down, and click ‘Restart now’ under ‘Advanced startup’.
    Wait a bit.
    Click ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Click ‘Advanced Options’
    Click ‘Windows Startup Settings’
    Click Restart.

Enjoy!
    ran out of thanks...Thanks

Welcome I just used the new root from jcase with these and all is gravy. I couldn't have released these at a better time. I had them ready last week but lost motivation to release after the bootloader being locked. In light of today's announcement I finished them and posted as soon as I got home from real life.
    All,

These drivers do not include the necessary settings to fully work with the TF300T. You can make it work with a few modifications. Here's some info after my experience (these are all for Windows 7):

Background

These drivers are just the generic Google Android drivers with .inf files that include the hardware IDs for "supported" devices. Since most Android devices will be supported, it's just a matter of making sure the hardware IDs for a device are present in the file.

Finding the hardware ID

• With the device connected, open up the Device Manager (just run the program devmgmt.msc)
    • Right click on the device, go to Properties, then click on the Details tab
    • In the Property drop down, select Hardware Ids

The hardware IDs will be listed in the box. You will use these later in the event that your hardware is not recognized.

Finding old drivers

First go to the Program and Features Control Panel and look for any entries related to USB drivers. Anything that says ASUS in the name could potentially be a driver, so you might need to uninstall a few things.

After that, we need to remove any old lingering hardware entries in the device manager.

• Open an administrator command prompt
    • Type set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press enter
    • Type devmgmt.msc to open up the device manager
    • On the toolbar, click View -> Show Hidden Devices

After you do this, you should be able to see both connected and disconnected devices that your system recognizes. You need to look for any old devices related to your tablet (things with ASUS or ADB in the name are prime targets). When you find the device, right click on it, then choose Uninstall. In the popup window, make sure Delete the driver software for this device is checked (if it exists).

At this point, you should (hopefully) have all of the old drivers cleared out and you are ready to install the naked drivers.

Installing the naked drivers

BEFORE YOU PLUG IN YOUR DEVICE, MAKE SURE YOU PERFORM THIS STEP!

You must disable the feature in Windows that automatically downloads drivers for your device to avoid old drivers coming back.

• Click on the Start Menu, then type installation. You should see a choice for Change device installation settings. Click it.
    • Select the option No, let me choose what to do, then select Never install driver software from Windows Update
    • Save changes

Remember that drivers are needed for EACH boot mode: APX, ADB, and fastboot. This means you need to boot the devices into each of these modes, plug it in, then update the drivers (three times, once for each mode).

Now we install the drivers.

• Plug in your device. Windows should show the "Installing new hardware" balloon tip, then report installation failure
    • Click on the failure message to know exactly what the device is (temporarily) being called by Windows
    • Open up Device Manager and find the device with that name
    • Right click on the device, then choose Update Driver Software...
    • Choose Browse my computer for driver software
    • Point the directory to the root directory that contains the naked drivers, then click Next

If all goes well, it should recognize your device and install the drivers. When you receive a warning about the drivers being unsigned, just choose to proceed with the install.

Making Windows recognize the TF300T

You will need to add the hardware IDs for the TF300T in the driver to make it recognize the ADB interface

• Open the file android_winusb.inf in the naked drivers directory.
    • Look for the section titled [Google.NTx86] (for 32-bit systems) or [Google.NTamd64] (for 64-bit systems)
    • Add the following lines to make it recognize the TF300T hardware (it doesn't matter where, but I put it after the existing entries for the TF201 APX interface)
      Code:
      %AsusTransformerADBInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C81&REV_0232&MI_01
      %AsusTransformerADBInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C81&MI_01
      %AsusTransformerADBInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C83&REV_0232
      %AsusTransformerADBInterface%		= USB_Install, USB\VID_0B05&PID_4C83

After the information is added, you should be able to install the drivers as usual for the device. If for some reason the device is still not recognized, you'll need to find its hardware IDs and add those to the file.

Hopefully this helps out a bit.
    Do these support HTC as well, or will I need to keep those drivers installed?

Not yet but this is the first package that works with all devices including HTC. I have not added them yet but I will be taking request for phones very soon, I just have to make a quick tutorial for any user to send me the ID's.

Once I add the phones its a nail in coffin scenario.
    Worked like a charm, this is a great thing, really appreciate it, makes it much easier to do since I have several devices I use to root etc. Keep up the great work

Thanks for the feedback!

Just so everyone's knows their is really nothing beta about this other then your phone or device may not be added yet. =)

I will try to get a next update soon but its not easy work, not hard either but tedious and I work 65+ hours a week so I will try my best guys.

The good thing is if Goggle releases a new driver no work really needs to be done going forward.