TF101 USB Kit

Search This thread

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
I just got mine today (actually 30mins ago).
Already taken it apart and are going to modify it. I dont fancy having 1dm extra height on my tablet, especially not on the underside. (edit: ok I lied, its actually only 8.3cm..... only...)

And yes, it sits quite loosely.

Im going to post a guide if my mod is successful. I am also going to try and add a charger port on it.

michael_duvalle

Apr 26, 2008
I just got mine today (actually 30mins ago).
Already taken it apart and are going to modify it. I dont fancy having 1dm extra height on my tablet, especially not on the underside. (edit: ok I lied, its actually only 8.3cm..... only...)

And yes, it sits quite loosely.

Im going to post a guide if my mod is successful. I am also going to try and add a charger port on it.

I don't know if it would be possible but how about adding another usb port. This would save using a USB hub to connect more than one peripheral to the transformer.

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
I don't know if it would be possible but how about adding another usb port. This would save using a USB hub to connect more than one peripheral to the transformer.

Simply adding another usb port isnt possible, you still need the hub control chip.
That would be possible to do but would require you to make a new 'case' for the adapter, and it would get quite big (relatively).

denhib

Feb 12, 2012
Florida
Yeah, I've got one. It does what it says but a word of warning, it sits loosely when connected to the transformer. It's very handy though as I don't have a dock and so far everything I've plugged into it works well.

That was what I was hoping as I don't have a dock either. I wonder if you can plug a wireless keyboard/mouse adapter into it.

zpiders

Jan 20, 2012
Anyone know of a good place I can get this from in the UK. Can't seem to find it anywhere!

WangerC

Feb 13, 2012
Perth
You can find them on ebay. Relatively expensive though.

---------- Post added at 12:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

In fact, there's one going right now, fairly cheap, but you might be bidding against me....

seller is 'buyspry'

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
I really miss a right-click feature when using a mouse while remote controlling a PC :/... not that that has anything to do with the adapter though.

Im not sure I should post my guide on how to add a cable to the adapter... It wasnt my best day and it turned out quite disasterous :p I somehow managed to kill 2 solder points so had to find alternative source lol

And I gave up on the charging port... I couldnt for the life of me figure out which pins is for charging. The ones I thought (by comparing to the original charger cable) turned out to just short-circut the TF :D

rafael_mfr

Jul 14, 2011
Recife
Just ordered this item on DX:

sku_106349_2.jpg

Let's see if I got a default USB port while without the dock, using my plain cable from TF101 attached to this usb female adapter.

Yes, I've a dock but most of the time I don't use it. I preffer use it inside a leather case which doesn't fits the dock.

LINK ON DX
2 pieces for only USD$2.20

Thing O Doom

Mar 10, 2012
Phoenix
Hey goatshocker, if you're willing to part with USD5, the newest version of Splash Remote desktop HD supports rightclick fully! :D

Goatshocker

Oct 23, 2010
Hey goatshocker, if you're willing to part with USD5, the newest version of Splash Remote desktop HD supports rightclick fully! :D

Yes I know :) Ive already updated to that version (did it same day it was released lol)
I also like theyve added touchpad feature rather than just the "click on the item you want to open".
Makes it a lot easier to click small items.

rafael_mfr: Waste of money. Had you spent 10sec searching you would know it doesnt work.
The pins used for the USB adapter isnt even present in the default sync/charging cable, unless youre DAMN good at soldering and can solder cables on pins the size of 0.01mm with 0.01mm spacing.

Reactions: Thing O Doom

viplogo

May 22, 2012
Bayern
www.365gate.com
w w w.365gate.com/product-276.html[/url]
w w w.aliexpress.com/fm-store/406773/0-548975170/For-Asus-Eee-Pad-Transformer-TF101-TF201-USB-cable-Data-lines-10pcs-lot-wholesale.html[/url]
May be it is a useful for you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yes I know :) Ive already updated to that version (did it same day it was released lol)
    I also like theyve added touchpad feature rather than just the "click on the item you want to open".
    Makes it a lot easier to click small items.

rafael_mfr: Waste of money. Had you spent 10sec searching you would know it doesnt work.
    The pins used for the USB adapter isnt even present in the default sync/charging cable, unless youre DAMN good at soldering and can solder cables on pins the size of 0.01mm with 0.01mm spacing.