Dorimanx's Kernel (STOCK) Q&A Thread

Search This thread

_ray_

May 7, 2009
I have compiled three custom labels that are often asked for but answers are spread through several posts. I hope this will help future people find everything in one place.
1. GPU freq
Prefix: GPU:
Postfix: MHz
Path: sys/devices/fdb00000.qcom,kgsl-3d0/kgsl/kgsl-3d0/gpuclk
Regex: (\d+)\d{6}
Replacement pattern: $1

GPU freq doesn't work with Snapdragon 820 anymore. Any ideas how to make it work again ?
thanks

_ray_

May 7, 2009
Ask kernel dev to expose this sysfs control.
Its not there by default.

Development on G5 hasn't picked up yet, we recently got root on international version so hopefully it will start to pick up.
I am no developer myself but is it possible for me to get the info from source at LG website ?

alirezagoli95

Jan 6, 2014
Question

Can one side of the kernel of the software in deep sleep buttery save pro xposed be used as a module?

Last edited:

merlin21

Jul 19, 2010
Huawei Nova 2
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
@CampfireVibés
I cleared cache and dalvik cache and it helps me with 9.9 too.
I went back to 9.5 because i get a better performance and fewer bugs after i give 9.8 and 9.9 a few chances, but get always laggy after some time.

Now i cleared cache as a new try and this did the magic. Now 9.9 is really snappy all time. Just switched to performance and its flying - thanks dorimanx

tdk0117

Jan 13, 2014
I'm on NDM 5.5, with Dorimanx 11.3 in Default profile. Any ideas why my battery drains so much? As you can see, I've barely used the phone in the last 44 minutes, but I still lost 7%.

Edit #1: I will say that the performance is AWESOME on 11.3. I just want to know if this battery life is common among other 11.3 users, or if there's something the kernel can do to fix it?

Edit #2: I'M SO SORRY I WILL MOVE THIS TO LOLLIPOP THREAD. DID NOT REALIZE THIS IS KK.

Last edited:

Wesley32

Jun 4, 2012
Louisville
this is the wrong thread my bad. Will leave here anyway

Posting here to see if anyone else is having issues with this, or if it is some configuration issue on my end.

first, I have a G2 D800. Just clean installed Cloudy 3.3 with Dori 11.3 kernel. I also have Xposed installed and Viper4Android enabled/installed.

So, issue i'm having is related to Bluetooth media audio. I can connect to Bluetooth speakers, my car, etc, but when I try to play audio is will only play out of my phone speakers. I can't ever get it to Stream the media audio to the Bluetooth device. it is weird because, like in my car, I can control the music app with the menu buttons and everything like normal. The audio just doesn't output to the right device.

Anyone have this issue? I don't know if it is a kernel issue or a cloudy 3.3 issue, or maybe something else?

Last edited:

patrickdrd

Mar 24, 2015
OnePlus Nord CE 5G
I have been having issues with HSDPA data. A lot of not responding/disconnects. Often it reverts back to 3g and fixes itself, sometimes automatically resets data completely but this can take minutes.

I think it may be a recent issue, since 10.x as I have recently installed a new (old) rom, Pardus and the problem disappeared with the 7.x kernel supplied but reappeared when i updated to latest.

This is a big issue for me as my phone data is my only available internet connection. Love this kernel and don't want to stop using it, so if anyone has any fix or workaround I would really appreciate the advice.

Thank you

I'm facing similar issues, 3g/h is basically unusable,
at least my phone has 4g but that soaks battery quickly,

another issue is that I can't get adaway server to work,

I tried to rollback to stock rom kernel (I think I flashed ORIGINAL-KK-20H-D802-KERNEL-KK-aboot.zip)
last night but my phone stuck in lg logo,
ok, I manage to restore from previous backup,
but the above problems remain, any solutions?

edit: ok,I found it,I had to flash boot loader too, now both adaway web server works and 3g/h+

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey @dorimanx
    Any news about lp? My d802 wait you for upgrade version

today i have added +108 commits to LP kernel (NOT IN GIT YET!)

added OC 2.8, enabled all CPU GOVS + ALL HOTPLUGS + Touch boost driver
    + cpu freq limit control + multiple freq cores + sweep2sleep and much more!

80% of features already added!

now left GPU OC + GPU driver update and add new GPU govs.

then merge all the optimization code for all kind of drivers...

you will have to wait some more... it's hard task, and i can work on it only at my free time. at work or home...

and the most important is the sound driver updates! it's 500+ commits! 1/8 of all kernel changes in KK! very big task!
    and LP code is changed, cant just copy paste! need to carefully merge and correct merge errors.
    Took the plunge tonight and updated to 30e so I can be ready. ☺ Viper working, xposed working just wait patiently now. ☺

[root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1778 commits.
    (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]

i will be testing soon.

doing backups now :)

EDIT!

IT'S A LIVE!!!! Its alive YEEE!!!!

root@g2:/ # uname -a
    uname -a
    Linux localhost 3.4.107-Kernel-Dorimanx-V1.0-LG-D802-PWR-CORE+ #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 23 01:25:48 IDT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux
    root@g2:/ #

dancing in my chair :)

after some more tests. i have pushed all changes to GIT.

Code:
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git commit
    On branch master
    Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1816 commits.
      (use "git push" to publish your local commits)
    nothing to commit, working directory clean
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]# git push
    Enter passphrase for key '/root/.ssh/id_rsa':
    Counting objects: 12468, done.
    Delta compression using up to 16 threads.
    Compressing objects: 100% (4324/4324), done.
    Writing objects: 100% (12468/12468), 2.88 MiB | 680.00 KiB/s, done.
    Total 12468 (delta 10478), reused 9813 (delta 8116)
    To git@github.com:dorimanx/DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL.git
       46235fa..eaca087  master -> master
    [root@dorimanx DORIMANX_LG_STOCK_LP_KERNEL]#
    @dorimanx just as an idea, how's the LP stuff going on atm ? I mean not specific, just in a general view :D

hmm... good i guess :)

I have merged all the patches from 3.4.1 to 3.4.107 :)
    merged my custom drivers.

and today i have merged 932 commits from my KK kernel :) not in git yet.
    much more needed before it's will even build till the end.

but it's going good :) i am using KK ROM and latest build from my fixes...

i will wait till i finish 80% of my changes before moving to LP and try to stay there....

stay tuned :)
    Guys,

After we find a hell a lot of love of Q&A posts in the original Kernel thread, I think of doing something to relieve the main thread from all these posts....

ORIGINAL THREAD HERE
    Original thread here

Please use this thread to post all your answers and questions about the Kernel here

THANKS
    [GUIDE] JB KK bootloaders ROM kernel (re)-instal AOSP stock, etc

Files: http://www.dorimanx.com/LG/

NOTE: This is for D802, if you have another variant just substitute "flash KK bootloader" or "flash JB bootloader" with the following (from OP):
    "I have created ONE flash zip with all that needed for D802, including stock stuff from 20D KDZ image.
    find for your model, extract needed partitions as in my zip, replace and flash.
    too hard??? leave it alone and keep using JB bootloader till you find mind power to do it".
    This means: download the D802 KK bootloader flash file, download your model's kdz, extract the files needed (same as in the D802 KK booloader flashfile), replace them in the zip and flash or install everything manually.
    Same for JB bootloader zip file.
    If you are reading this then you know how to do this. If not then just stick to JB or buy a D802.

IMPORTANT: if you do NOT know how to unbrick a phone through download mode and installing custom KDZ and all the rest of it then please don't blame anyone. There are threads in xda for un-bricking.

************************************************************************************************************
    First I repeat the steps for installing BUMPED KK bootloader:
    Phone status: non-bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, stock-based ROM
    You want to: install KK bootloader
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash bumped TWRP 2.8.1.1
    3) reboot to recovery
    4) flash Dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    5) flash KK bootloader
    6) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, KK bootloader, stock-based ROM
    ************************************************************************************************************

IMPORTANT: After you have installed BUMPED TWRP 2.8.1.1, you NEVER need to replace it with non-BUMPED version. It works with JB bootloader too.

Installing a new/different stock-based JB ROM (or dirty flash or clean flash existing ROM) but want to keep KK bootloader:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, bumped kernel , KK bootloader , stock-based ROM (ie: you just did all the steps above)
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel BEFORE REBOOT TO SYSTEM
    4) reboot to system

Returning to JB bootloader with your current ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, bumped kernel, JB bootloader, same ROM as before

Installing JB AOSP ROM (with non-bumped kernel):
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, Bumped kernel, KK bootloader , stock-based ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash JB bootloader
    3) flash JB AOSP ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    4) reboot to system
    You now have: bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel, JB bootloader, AOSP ROM

Installing stock-based JB ROM and go to KK bootloader from AOSP ROM:
    Phone status: Bumped recovery, non-bumped kernel , JB bootloader , ANY ROM
    1) reboot to recovery
    2) flash stock-based JB ROM as per OP (inc wipes if necessary)
    3) reboot to system
    4) install ROM, let it settle for 5 minutes
    5) reboot to recovery
    6) flash BUMPED dorimanx 9.1 kernel
    7) flash KK bootloader
    8) reboot to system

PS: thanks to vpro97 for checking and Dorimanx of course for making all this happen :)