[Q] Anyone got Z2 (uk model) with unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

BULL3TPR00F

Dec 6, 2009
Toronto
I got my phone from Wireless Wave here in Canada, the Z2 is exclusive to Bell Mobility as of right now and it appears that Bell has locked the bootloader down on these devices in Canada. That is some serious BS on their part it is absolutely unnecessary to lock the bootloader down completely.

Is it not possible for someone with a full OEM Xperia Z2 (unlockable bootloader), who has rooted and unlocked the bootloader, to create a full system dump of every partition, and then create a flashable .ftf file for the rest of us to use?

Or does the bootloader need to be unlocked in the first place to flash an FTF?

green750one

Oct 16, 2010
Epsom
If you're still in your cooling off period, O2 will take back your phone & revert to your original contract. You can then go to any other vendor & re-upgrade, hopefully getting a phone that will allow bootloader unlocking. Just call 202 on your handset!

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xRoyle

Jun 1, 2014
Rooting status: boot loader unlock allowrd: yes

I'm guessing this is what everyone wants? Got mine as an upgrade from three. Contract. Their new policy is that all phones are unlocked now and you can get old phones that are locked unlocked for free. New to this so I'm not sure if this is of any help to anyone?

idlestranger

Jun 7, 2012
If you upgraded youre fone you can keep the same number and do that if you got a new contract and want to keep that number you cantunless youre porting youre number in...

ShepyNCL

Sep 17, 2012
I've got a Vodafone bootloader locked and sim locked device. Voda offer the sim unlock code for £20. I'm guessing this wont change the status of the bootloader locking to make it possible though?

Naiks20

Mar 17, 2013
Got mine from EE on pay&go, bootloader is not unlockable =( hopefully someone will find a work around for us less fortunate, for now I'll just have to root and use xposed to get what I want (stock kitkat yumminess)

mcall_r

Mar 13, 2008
Glasgow
OPPO Find X5 Pro

idlestranger

Jun 7, 2012
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2786650&page=3

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------

This root is available for the. 402 on locked bootloaders!! Some ppl already have confirmed that ;) hope it works for me!!! Gonna try it when i get time in a couple of days will give confirmation...if someone tries it vefore me plz update and give us ure feedback on it :D

idlestranger

Jun 7, 2012
Rooted on locked bootloader dont have to unlock the bl ;) works like a charm...

Top Liked Posts