[ROM] - 3/2 - CleanROM GBE 1.7.5 - Clean, Smooth, Stable, FIXED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Sharrock

Feb 2, 2011
Quick question: do you have to wipe from recovery every time you flash a new rom, or do you just recommend it for this rom only? Like I said I'm a n00b to the rom scene for android.

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Quick question: do you have to wipe from recovery every time you flash a new rom, or do you just recommend it for this rom only? Like I said I'm a n00b to the rom scene for android.

There are two types of ROM flashers...

Type A - Does a full wipe with every install.

Type B - Only Wipes Dalvik and cache between upgrades.

If you jump to another ROM, lets say bored's ROM, then do a full wipe. If you are going from a prior version, like 1.0 to 1.1 you can prolly just get away with just a Dalvik / Cache wipe.

I personally do a full and complete wipe when flashing even between minor version. Sometimes just wiping dalvik and cache isnt enough.

When I test the ROMS I wipe everything so there is no residual garbage left over. Its the only way to be certain that its not related to the ROM if something starts to bug out.

Reactions: RomsWell

Marine6680

Jul 12, 2009
Kingsport TN
A de-sensed ROM would be a great addition as well.

I mentioned this before, but you may have missed it.... Tetherguard is still in the ROM, that may cause issues with tethering.

I am also going to try to add the Rhyme version of Rosie. I would like to try to add the HTC Hub, but I do not know which .apk it is.

Last edited:

YamiYaiba

Jun 8, 2008
Knoxville
There are two types of ROM flashers...

Type A - Does a full wipe with every install.

Type B - Only Wipes Dalvik and cache between upgrades.

If you jump to another ROM, lets say bored's ROM, then do a full wipe. If you are going from a prior version, like 1.0 to 1.1 you can prolly just get away with just a Dalvik / Cache wipe.

I personally do a full and complete wipe when flashing even between minor version. Sometimes just wiping dalvik and cache isnt enough.

When I test the ROMS I wipe everything so there is no residual garbage left over. Its the only way to be certain that its not related to the ROM if something starts to bug out.

This time a million. Especially when ROMs are experimenting with newer versions of features and where they are stored (i.e. adding features from a newer version of Sense), full wipes are critical. People went nuts with this on the OG Incredible and the sense 3.5 roms, especially in their infancy. Developers would move stuff around, people would only wipe cache/dalvik and not understand why everything pooped itself lol

mdisbrow

Feb 16, 2011
Just got through unlocking, rooting, and flashing this rom. Very grateful for your speedy work going to play with it now if I notice any issues I will drop by and let you know. Someone already mentioned a de-sense version, which I agree would be nice just keep the sense lock screen I do like that.

Scott

A de-sensed ROM would be a great addition as well.

I mentioned this before, but you may have missed it.... Tetherguard is still in the ROM, that may cause issues with tethering.

I am also going to try to add the Rhyme version of Rosie. I would like to try to add the HTC Hub, but I do not know which .apk it is.

Tetherguard is needed for Verizon Hotspot and if removed VZW Hotspot will not work. It does not interefer with WiFi Tether. I tested it and it worked as it should.

This time a million. Especially when ROMs are experimenting with newer versions of features and where they are stored (i.e. adding features from a newer version of Sense), full wipes are critical. People went nuts with this on the OG Incredible and the sense 3.5 roms, especially in their infancy. Developers would move stuff around, people would only wipe cache/dalvik and not understand why everything pooped itself lol

Very well played!

Just got through unlocking, rooting, and flashing this rom. Very grateful for your speedy work going to play with it now if I notice any issues I will drop by and let you know. Someone already mentioned a de-sense version, which I agree would be nice just keep the sense lock screen I do like that.

Great! LMK!

-Scott

Reactions: RomsWell

Scott

I agree, a no-sense version would earn my love forever. lol

I plan on doing one. Not sure if you are familiar with my Evo 3D work... But I have an AOSP clone ROM called SenselessROM. I plan on doing the same thing with this but not tonight. I am getting tired... Will start making too many mistakes.

If you are curious as to what it will look like look at my post here: http://www.scottsroms.com/content.php?79-SenselessROM-2-9-5-for-the-Evo-3D-is-now-out!

or here:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1198099

EDIT: Damn, its already most 3:00 AM! I am so making mods right now, lol... Im on an unlock high! I have been waiting for this day for so long (three weeks, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    cr2.png

CleanROM-Rez-1.7.png

about.png

CleanROM was designed to be a cleaned up Verizon Stock ROM with minor features and enhancements! This is not a themed ROM. All HTC and Google Apps are up to date as of 3/2/2012. ROM is de-odexed and based on official Verizon OTA 2.01.605.11.

features.png

Removed VZW Bloat
    Performance and Battery Tweaks
    Swype
    ES File Explorer
    WiFi Tether and VZW Hotspot
    Battery Icon with Percent
    4-in-1 Power Menu
    Extended Quick Settings
    No Location Icon

changes.png

Changes in Version 1.7.5 - 3/2/2012
    Fixed: Flash
    Updated: All Apps

Complete Change Log: CleanROM GBE Change Log

installation.png

Place ROM on SD Card
    Reboot to recovery
    Wipe all data / Factory reset - Do not restore anything from back up. Do not ask in the thread if you can. You will be referred back to here!
    Flash ROM
    ROM will boot to fastboot when installation is complete
    Press Power to install the kernel / boot.img
    Reboot
    Profit!

tether.png

Start Application
    Go to Settings
    Select Routing Fix and MSS CLamping
    Start Tether and Allow Root
    WiFi tether is not capable of AP mode on this device and version of Android. Contact the Dev or pay for VZW Hotspot.

thanks.png

MOD EDIT: Link removed as domain has expired. Thread closed until new links can be installed

MD5.png

5E1D593F3D044F5366D718458E9F7742
    [/CENTER]
    Reserved for now...
    Reserved for now...
    CleanROM GBE 1.6.5 Is Now Available!

CleanROM GBE 1.6.5 Is Now Available!

Changes in Version 1.6.5 - 2/2/2012
    Added: More Battery and Perforamnce tweaks
    Added: Ad Blocking Host File
    Removed: More Bloat
    Updated: All Apps
    Updated: Signal Bar to 5 Icon. This changes Quick Settings for now.
    Unlocked: All HTC Applications in app drawer
    Moved: Facebook to user data for uninstall

CleanROM_rez.jpg
    Webserver seems to be back up. I will monitor for a while and if it goes down again I will post mirror.