FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] Touchpad as Dual-Touch Mouse!

220 posts
Thanks Meter: 33
 
By Streykatorato, Senior Member on 1st April 2012, 05:18 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED!

REMEMBER TO BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS!



THIS SHOULD WORK ON EVERY ICS ROM TO XPERIA PLAY!
Currently tested on=
ICS 4.0.3/4.0.4

INSTRUCTIONS!=

Download and flash the files below in CWM.

Pointer=touchpad_pointer.zip

Spots=touchpad_spots.zip

Gaming=touchpad_gaming.zip

NOTE:Touchpad is reversed when using it as mouse!

Things that need to be fixed= Reverse touchpad.

Coming soon= Update for support for all Jelly Bean versions!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sony ICS BETA.jpg
Views:	2168
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	977311   Click image for larger version

Name:	FXP CM9.jpg
Views:	2022
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	977331  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Streykatorato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Streykatorato Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 05:43 PM |#2  
cyrusalmighty's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hartford
Thanks Meter: 241
 
Donate to Me
More
Im confused. Is that trick to connect to computer via USB and use as mouse?

Ios suckkss.
1st April 2012, 05:46 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
More
No' it means you can use your touchpads like mouse in phone

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
The Following User Says Thank You to -S.E.R.K.4.N- For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift -S.E.R.K.4.N- Ad-Free
1st April 2012, 05:57 PM |#4  
HussainQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streykatorato

IM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE GETS BRICKED!

REMEMBER TO BACKUP BEFORE DOING THIS!


THIS SHOULD WORK ON EVERY ICS ROM TO XPERIA PLAY!

Okey. Here is the trick:

Any root explorer>------>Mount system as RW>------>Open the SYSTEM folder>------>Then open "usr" folder>----->And then open the "idc" Folder>---->In the folder there is 4 files with .idc extension, Backup "synaptics_touchpad.idc" And then delete the "synaptics_touchpad.idc" file from your system.

Forgot to Backup? Flash the Attachment in cwm WHEN you dont want to use the "Mouse" anymore.

After I do this, will i still be able to use touchpads normally in games like in Asphalt or such? I am asking this as you are on the ICS Beta aswell. And what negative effects does this have?
Thanks
1st April 2012, 05:59 PM |#5  
Streykatorato's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HussainQ

After I do this, will i still be able to use touchpads normally in games like in Asphalt or such? I am asking this as you are on the ICS Beta aswell. And what negative effects does this have?
Thanks

Flash the Attachment in CWM to use your touchpad to gaming...
1st April 2012, 06:09 PM |#6  
HussainQ's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streykatorato

Flash the Attachment in CWM to use your touchpad to gaming...

So basically as a cursor, touchpads don't work in games, right?
1st April 2012, 06:24 PM |#7  
Streykatorato's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HussainQ

So basically as a cursor, touchpads don't work in games, right?

Yes, But it's great for non touchpad optimized games though
1st April 2012, 10:08 PM |#8  
Magnumutz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 128
 
More
Done it, but can't really use it very well... can't see how it works, or helps...
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i can't figure out what to do after that
1st April 2012, 10:36 PM |#9  
Streykatorato's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnumutz

Done it, but can't really use it very well... can't see how it works, or helps...
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i can't figure out what to do after that

Use it 1 day and hopefully you will get used to it
The Following User Says Thank You to Streykatorato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Streykatorato Ad-Free
2nd April 2012, 11:31 AM |#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 44
 
More
Awesome
I wish the touch pads weren't all inverted, it's too confusing.
There must be a way to fix that too.

Still touchpads are cool to use
Thanks
2nd April 2012, 11:32 PM |#11  
Streykatorato's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 33
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfex3best

Awesome
I wish the touch pads weren't all inverted, it's too confusing.
There must be a way to fix that too.

Still touchpads are cool to use
Thanks

Trying to figure this out... But im working on a Kernel too and i have school so it's not so easy to keep up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Streykatorato For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Streykatorato Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
touchpad dual-touch mouse

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes