Search This thread

immortalneo

Jan 25, 2011
Malappuram, Kerala
There are a lot of people joining XDA on a daily basis, and there are a lot of repetitive questions being asked
which clutter up the Development and 'Q & A' threads. Point them here. Feel free to ask or answer questions.

The idea of this thread is to get users to help other users with their problems/questions. People are usually
ridiculed for asking questions that other people deem stupid even though it may be a legitimate question. This
leads to new users being afraid to ask questions!

Only provide well mannered help towards users in this thread. Please do not spoon feed, but rather point in
the direction where that user can find an answer
and educate himself. If you don't want to answer, at least
point out where to find the answer.

Before posting anything, I strongly advise you to read THIS thread.

Then, have a quick look at the names of threads in Post No. 2, you might find what you need right away.

Third. Even if you do get your question answered, please do come back and read threads in Post No. 2
(coming later as soon as we start getting the guides) to educate yourself. You'll be surprised how much time
and frustration it will save you in the future!

No abuse towards noobs tolerated here! That means:
NO TROLLING
NO NAME CALLING
NO RIDICULING
NO FLAMING

ASK ANY QUESTION HERE! No question is stupid or irrelevant in this thread. You will either get an answer or will get pointed in the right direction.

*A Special Thanks to mark manning for his help in creating this thread*

HALL OF FAME

People who contributed most to this thread and helped countless number of people with their
problems/questions. In no particular order.

Bruce Wayne
post-mortem
SilentStrider
Ghostfreak NB
mayank9856
sgs22012
Zatta
ADDICT.ANK

These people also have the right to use the banner below:
Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif

Just add this code to your signature:
HTML:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2257421"][IMG]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/41066660/Newbie%20Thread%20Sign.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

thilina247

Mar 23, 2014
cm11 all music apps don't work properly

Hi,first of all wanna thank every body involved in the making of CM11 its an awesome ROM

Now my problem: i'am running cm11 2014-01-18 unofficial nypon with the kernel that came with it (3.0.101 munjeni)
I flashed the ROM yesterday, from the beginning it gave me me a message "unfortunately, DSP has stopped"
I didn't think it was a very big deal until today.
I have a Xperia P & the only reason I bought it was cheap (at that time) and the quality of the music.
I am a daily music user so obviously the main functionality I need is the music app .
So today I made a awesome playlist ready to play it on Apollo (the DSP stopped working dialog box came up 5_10 min intervals) I play the music then I press the home button THE MUSIC BUGS OUT then the dsp message comes up again ,I OK it then the music skip tracks gets stuck.
That was Apollo. On play music player another story
I play it press the home button and in my notification drawer it says "music play back error"
I installed jetaudio to test if the problem was on all music playing apps and it was.
On jetaudio when I press home it cuts music plays cuts kinda like a very badly scratched CD playing music then it stops totally but I can see the pause ICOM on play just no sound and the time is same.
On all instances even when I switch apps this happens.
On one thread i read deleting DSP and disabling "com.bel.android.dsp.....blah blah blah". :p through TB fixed the issue but no.

Any help would be really appreciated thanx in advance
Pls be noon friendly (new to android ROMs)
PS. This happens on both speaker and headphones/earphones
PSS. My current kernel drains battery way to fast a power saving kernel would be much apriciated

---------- Post added at 05:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

hello... i need someone to help fix the camera problem of my lg optimus hub ( lg -e510) the problem is with the kernel 3.0...... Its the problem with cm9 and cm10... Would be very grateful if anybody helps me... :) :fingers-crossed:
Bro I would strongly suggest that you back up all your data and Apps through titanium back up excluding camera app and upgrade to later ROM or as an alternative you could download "camera zoom fx" on play store , its paid but worth it

team0blitereate

Mar 23, 2014
Having an Issue Rooting My DROID RAZR MAXX (XT912)

Greetings!

I apologize if this is not where I should ask, but I am having an issue rooting my DROID RAZR MAXX (XT312). I was directed to this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192467

Titled:
[SCRIPT] DROID RAZR Utility XT912 Jellybean -- Windows + Mac + Linux (All In One!)

And followed all instructions.
However, after pouring through the thread, making sure to flash the firmware (no data wipe), clear data from SmartActions, and disable my screen lock, I still keep getting the issue(s) seen the attached screenshot. My phone is subsequently not rooted. I would appreciate any and all help. As I am new, I cannot post directly to the thread. For the record, I'm running the following on my phone:

System 98.752.165.XT912.Verizon.en.US

Android 4.1.2

SmartActions 4.2.2.4.2

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit on my PC, and did make sure to install the 64-bit drivers.

Thank you for your time!

alphamale

Mar 24, 2011
Massillion
Does anyone know how to make notifications transparent. I can get the background of the pull down with wanam but not the notications. On a custom Ron 4.3 note 3

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1395613526414.jpg
    1395613526414.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 38

kpirnie

Recognized Contributor
Does anyone know how to make notifications transparent. I can get the background of the pull down with wanam but not the notications. On a custom Ron 4.3 note 3

i assume u r rooted. install the xposed framework... then xblast tools... and the option is in Notificatio

Sent from my Deadly Venom SS 3.0 S4 ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Here's a noob(ish) question. What would the downfall be for me to convert a launcher like Go ADW Aviate to system apps?

alphamale

Mar 24, 2011
Massillion
i assume u r rooted. install the xposed framework... then xblast tools... and the option is in Notificatio

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Here's a noob(ish) question. What would the downfall be for me to convert a launcher like Go ADW Aviate to system apps?

I've tried x blast and wanam it just makes the background transparent

Reactions: kpirnie

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
I've tried x blast and wanam it just makes the background transparent

Have you tried gravity box module? My favorite of the bunch..

.....If I had even a quarter from everyone I've helped....Maybe I could stay stocked in beer.....-sent from a very xposed nexus 7-

Ron0716

Mar 24, 2014
Rooted Pantech Discover SuperSU update failed.

I can't use my SuperSU every time I try to run game killer it says root not privileged. I can't open SuperSU because it won't update. I tried to download an old superuser and update that way but no luck. Can anyone help???

Vineet3

Oct 31, 2011
I can't use my SuperSU every time I try to run game killer it says root not privileged. I can't open SuperSU because it won't update. I tried to download an old superuser and update that way but no luck. Can anyone help???

Have you tried granting root permissions to any other app? If not, unroot and root it again.

Sent from my Q3000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Have you tried gravity box module? My favorite of the bunch..

Second you. Gravity Box is arguably the best app ever made.

Sent from my Q3000 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jthein1989

Dec 6, 2010
Barberton
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
I've read around the web that the problem with LG G2's working with Xbox 360 controllers is that it loads both usb 2.0 and 3.0 emulators before it loads the drivers for the controller. My question is: Is there a way to disable the 3.0 emulation, or at least make the controller have priority over the emulator?

Sent from my LG-LS980 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

itsdonjuan

Mar 2, 2014
Help me with this please, Thanks!

Triangle Away's Add on unable to download even if i have internet connection. How will i fix this? Thanks!

Last edited:

SpottedFox

Mar 24, 2014
New user with Error message, clueless and need HELP!

First, I really, really hope I'm in the right place for this question. The app took me to this website for questions, so I hope it's right!

To sum it up, my phone did a weird automatic update the other night and when I woke up, I was greeted with a "update complete" pop up and when I pressed ok, I noticed that a lot of the small details on my LG G2 android had changed. All of the notification icons on the top bar seemed to have changed from different colors to white with a black bar (which I'm really not liking), some IM backgrounds that I programmed to certain people have changed, and even the dictionary is not recognizing some words that I had previously saved already. I could not find anything in the settings portion of the phone to change the notification icon colors back to their previous colors, so while googling, found 2 apps I could install to "tweak" things on the phone (which sucks I have to install an app just for that).

However, the first app I installed didn't change anything. So then I install the G2 Tweakbox app (and paid on both btw), and right away, an error pop up comes up that says:

"ERROR:
The module is not enabled or the Xposed framework is missing. If Xposed is installed and the module is enabled please reboot device after any changes."

Then it has an option to either "Open Xposed" or "Continue Anyways"

When I click "Open Xposed," a pop up automatically appears that says "Unfortunately, G2 Tweakbox has stopped." and if I want to report it or just press OK. This happens each and every time I click "Open Xposed."

If I go to "Continue Anyways" I get taken to the app, but if I try to change anything, nothing actually changes on my phone.

I have rebooted several times and nothing.

This is my first smartphone, I have only had regular cells in the past with no internet connectivity. I am not tech savvy at all and have no idea what most of these terms mean so I am completely lost. I have no idea what it means by modules or framework or anything like that. I gave up on the first app when it didn't change anything on my phone, but trying not to give up on this one too. If anyone can help me get started here, I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

InkSlinger420

Mar 26, 2013
@SpottedFox you should uninstall and reinstall xposed..a system update may have disabled it's features and may require it..also male sure that the framework is installed and enabled in app..

.....If I had even a quarter from everyone I've helped....Maybe I could stay stocked in beer.....-sent from a very xposed nexus 7-

casula.aditya

Mar 24, 2014
bypass screen lock of S3

Dear friends,
Need help immediately
I have a stock s3 (un rooted, standard) that was recently updated with an official android update , it suddenly won’t accept my screen lock pin pot the update,
How ever I am able to receive calls,
One more strange thing is , after removing the sim card the phone still shows signal in the screen locked mode , though obviously I am unable to receive any calls
Also the phone is ghosting, its screen is coming alive on its own (to the lock screen)

I feel that the phone has a corrupt update or summin
More importantly
1. The phone is not rooted and I’m not Shure if the USB debugging is on or not
2. The phone has data which I do not want to loose
3. Im unable to download the ADT bundle (iv red somewhere that this is the only way to bypass it)
4. I want to know how I can unlock my phone to make a backup of all the data
5. I don’t mind rooting my phone (provided the lock screen allows me to do so)

I have a fair knowledge of rooting and ROM flashing etc, but am no expert , hence an amateur guide to phone unlock shall be immensely helpful
PL HELP

DarthCitizen

Oct 1, 2013
Tittybong
Hi xda community -

My question is about Greenify on unrooted devices.

When using Greenify on an unrooted device, it seems that all it does is force stop the apps and that's all.

Does greenify hibernate apps differently on rooted vs non-rooted devices?

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC Two 5G LTE++ using xda - developers app for Android 18.3 Zagnut.

casula.aditya

Mar 24, 2014
Dear friends,
Need help immediately
I have a stock s3 (un rooted, standard) that was recently updated with an official android update , it suddenly won’t accept my screen lock pin pot the update,
How ever I am able to receive calls,
One more strange thing is , after removing the sim card the phone still shows signal in the screen locked mode , though obviously I am unable to receive any calls
Also the phone is ghosting, its screen is coming alive on its own (to the lock screen)
I feel that the phone has a corrupt update or summin
More importantly
1. The phone is not rooted and I’m not Shure if the USB debugging is on or not
2. The phone has data which I do not want to loose
3. Im unable to download the ADT bundle (iv red somewhere that this is the only way to bypass it)
4. I want to know how I can unlock my phone to make a backup of all the data
5. I don’t mind rooting my phone (provided the lock screen allows me to do so)

I have a fair knowledge of rooting and ROM flashing etc, but am no expert , hence an amateur guide to phone unlock shall be immensely helpful
PL HELP

Reactions: DarthCitizen

Top Liked Posts