[guide] guide to port android rom from other device to optimus device[NEW GUIDE]

Search This thread

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
guide to port roms for optimus device
this guide tested on optimus me,one and gt540
Requirements for rom porting
android kitchen
2 ROM-one from your device and 2nd from from that device that you want to port.

now you need download android kitchen first. download android kitchen from this link then setup your android kitchen. after set up first copy rom that you want to port. now open android kitchen folder. go to the original_update folder and paste porting rom in this folder. now open android kitchen. setup working folder. rename to port folder.
after do this. extarct rom from your device. rename extarcted folder to base.

ok now our folder process complete. now you need to go base folder and need to copy files from base to port.
so now we start porting.
when you open base folder you will see boot.img(it's kernel) first copy this boot.img from base folder to port folder. boot.img is main. after boot.img copy. you need to go bin folder. bin folder is under system folder open bin folder in base and copy following files to port bin folder
am
ami304d
bmgr
brcm_patchram_plus
hci_attach
fix_permissions
ime
input
monkey
pm
port-bridge
rild
servicemanager
vold

copy this all files from base bin folder to port bin folder. all files need beacuse for bluetooth,gsm sensor and other working

after bin folder open etc folder in base and port. now copy following files and folderto port bin folder
folders
before copy folder delete following folder from port then copy following folder from base to port.
bluetooth
dhcpd
firmware
permissions
ppp
wifi
wl
copy this folder from base to port affter deleting folder from port
now we need to copy files from base to port. copy following files
apns-conf.xml
dbus.conf
gps.conf
hosts
media-profiles.xml
resolv.conf
vold.fstab
copy this files from base etc to port etc

after etc go to the lib folder. open lib folder in base and port
folder
now you need to copy following folder from base to port. but before copy delete following folder from port then copy.
modules
hw
egl
copy this folder from base to port. after deleting folder in port.
now time for files. copy following files from base to port
libauth.so
libcm.so
some time you need to copy all audio file from base to port. but some time libbluedroid
libbluetooth
libbluetoothd
libcamera
libcameraservice
libdiag.so
libdbus.so
libdss.so
libdsm.so
libdll
libgsl.so
libgstk_exp.so
libmiscta.so
libmmgsdilib.so
libmmipl.so
libmmjpeg.so
liblog
libnv.so
liboem_rapi.so
liboemcamera.so
libhardware_legacy
liboncrpc.so
libpbmlib.so
libqmi.so
libqueue.so
libril.so
libril-qc-1.so
libsensorservice
libwebcore
libwms.so
libwmsts.so
copy this all files from base lib to port lib

after lib. now time to go usr folder. open usr folder in base and port.
delete following folder in port then copy and following folder from base to port
keychars
keylayout
copy this folder from base to port after delete folder in port

now go to the xbin folder.open xbin folder in base and port. then copy following file from base to port
hcitool
hcidump
hciconfig

now we need to do final step. open build.prop file in base and port. and change following lines from base build.prop to port build.prop
ro.product.board=
ro.product.model=
ro.product.brand=
ro.product.name=
ro.product.device=
ro.product.manufacturer=
ro.build.product=
ro.sf.lcd_density=
ro.sf.hw_lcd_density=

change this lines from base to port. now all done. now in android kitchen type 99 to build rom then follow kitchen. after all done you can find your ported rom in output zip folder in kitchen folder then copy ported rom to your phone sdcard reboot into recovery and flash your ported rom.

tip: optimus me users you can port roms from p500 or gt540. p500 roms can be work better then gt540 ported roms. and don't port nbb(new baseband) roms because nbb roms need .35 kernel to work and p350 don't have good working .35 kernel. also i'm tyring to work nbb roms in p350 but not 100% done. when i will done to port nbb roms i will post.

this guide only tested on p350,p500 and gt540. and best work with p350
if you have any problem to port roms post on this thread don't send me pm.

if this guide helped to port roms then don't forgot to press thnks.

my next project for optimus me p350.
AOSP/OMFBG ROM FROM SOURCE
MIUI ROM PORT

Last edited:

danieliop

Jan 18, 2012
Nice fella.

Should I try porting ICS from GT540 to P350? Or even from P500?

pax0r

Sep 11, 2011
Warsaw
I will not call developer someone who can just swap some files on ROM :p
btw please work on your english grammar and INTERPUNCTION cuz it is HARD to understand what you have written

Reactions: josip-k

Ron G

Feb 13, 2012
Mumbai
www.facebook.com
btw please work on your english grammar and INTERPUNCTION cuz it is HARD to understand what you have written

yes. Today i will post new guide. And my natgive language is not english. Most time i use google transtaltor. And i also modified beat audio to work with our p350.

pax0r

Sep 11, 2011
Warsaw
mine native language is not english too (Im polish) and I know I make MANY mistakes but still I think you could make it a little more readable.

GiovaniBR

Sep 8, 2011
well, cips, if you already tried to port and didn't have success I think I won't have too, I never did this kind of thing before. I will wait for you, vivek or pax0r to port ICS, you guys are better than me :)
thanks mates!

Rudoslav

Nov 26, 2011
when im porting gingerbread rom (from lg p500), which is not based on CM7, can i use cm7 p350 rom as base?...also does it matter if my port rom is 2.3.4 and base is 2.3.7?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    guide to port roms for optimus device
    this guide tested on optimus me,one and gt540
    Requirements for rom porting
    android kitchen
    2 ROM-one from your device and 2nd from from that device that you want to port.

now you need download android kitchen first. download android kitchen from this link then setup your android kitchen. after set up first copy rom that you want to port. now open android kitchen folder. go to the original_update folder and paste porting rom in this folder. now open android kitchen. setup working folder. rename to port folder.
    after do this. extarct rom from your device. rename extarcted folder to base.

ok now our folder process complete. now you need to go base folder and need to copy files from base to port.
    so now we start porting.
    when you open base folder you will see boot.img(it's kernel) first copy this boot.img from base folder to port folder. boot.img is main. after boot.img copy. you need to go bin folder. bin folder is under system folder open bin folder in base and copy following files to port bin folder
    am
    ami304d
    bmgr
    brcm_patchram_plus
    hci_attach
    fix_permissions
    ime
    input
    monkey
    pm
    port-bridge
    rild
    servicemanager
    vold

copy this all files from base bin folder to port bin folder. all files need beacuse for bluetooth,gsm sensor and other working

after bin folder open etc folder in base and port. now copy following files and folderto port bin folder
    folders
    before copy folder delete following folder from port then copy following folder from base to port.
    bluetooth
    dhcpd
    firmware
    permissions
    ppp
    wifi
    wl
    copy this folder from base to port affter deleting folder from port
    now we need to copy files from base to port. copy following files
    apns-conf.xml
    dbus.conf
    gps.conf
    hosts
    media-profiles.xml
    resolv.conf
    vold.fstab
    copy this files from base etc to port etc

after etc go to the lib folder. open lib folder in base and port
    folder
    now you need to copy following folder from base to port. but before copy delete following folder from port then copy.
    modules
    hw
    egl
    copy this folder from base to port. after deleting folder in port.
    now time for files. copy following files from base to port
    libauth.so
    libcm.so
    some time you need to copy all audio file from base to port. but some time libbluedroid
    libbluetooth
    libbluetoothd
    libcamera
    libcameraservice
    libdiag.so
    libdbus.so
    libdss.so
    libdsm.so
    libdll
    libgsl.so
    libgstk_exp.so
    libmiscta.so
    libmmgsdilib.so
    libmmipl.so
    libmmjpeg.so
    liblog
    libnv.so
    liboem_rapi.so
    liboemcamera.so
    libhardware_legacy
    liboncrpc.so
    libpbmlib.so
    libqmi.so
    libqueue.so
    libril.so
    libril-qc-1.so
    libsensorservice
    libwebcore
    libwms.so
    libwmsts.so
    copy this all files from base lib to port lib

after lib. now time to go usr folder. open usr folder in base and port.
    delete following folder in port then copy and following folder from base to port
    keychars
    keylayout
    copy this folder from base to port after delete folder in port

now go to the xbin folder.open xbin folder in base and port. then copy following file from base to port
    hcitool
    hcidump
    hciconfig

now we need to do final step. open build.prop file in base and port. and change following lines from base build.prop to port build.prop
    ro.product.board=
    ro.product.model=
    ro.product.brand=
    ro.product.name=
    ro.product.device=
    ro.product.manufacturer=
    ro.build.product=
    ro.sf.lcd_density=
    ro.sf.hw_lcd_density=

change this lines from base to port. now all done. now in android kitchen type 99 to build rom then follow kitchen. after all done you can find your ported rom in output zip folder in kitchen folder then copy ported rom to your phone sdcard reboot into recovery and flash your ported rom.

tip: optimus me users you can port roms from p500 or gt540. p500 roms can be work better then gt540 ported roms. and don't port nbb(new baseband) roms because nbb roms need .35 kernel to work and p350 don't have good working .35 kernel. also i'm tyring to work nbb roms in p350 but not 100% done. when i will done to port nbb roms i will post.

this guide only tested on p350,p500 and gt540. and best work with p350
    if you have any problem to port roms post on this thread don't send me pm.

if this guide helped to port roms then don't forgot to press thnks.

my next project for optimus me p350.
    AOSP/OMFBG ROM FROM SOURCE
    MIUI ROM PORT
    thanks!!!
    I'll try to port ics from another device.
    Is it possible?

which device are you using? This work only on optimus me optimus one and gt540. Not work on any other phone
    i'm using p350
    can I download ics rom for galaxy mini and port using this tutorial?

galaxy mini ics rom will never work on p350. You can try to port o1 ics rom also i tried but i stuck but you can try. Try beta 4 . In beta 4 camera was work. But i'm not sure this will work on ics
    it is AOSP, made from stock rom, it is just optimized with some tweaks, and it is 2.3.7 version........next question i posted about difference between 2.3.4 port rom and 2.3.7 base rom refers to other rom (sorry for that, bad sentence formulation)

YOU CAN PORT 2.3.4 USING 2.3.7 FILES AND NOT MUCH difference IN 2.3.4 AND 2.3.7