LED Flashlight,

Search This thread

tgoffice@web.de

Apr 28, 2010
flashlight with video?

Hi, great app!
Is it possible to use the flash light with existing video app (not possible at the moment) or with a selfwritten app based on your flashapp?

thx for your efforts!

Damunix

Apr 1, 2010
I was thinking that it would be interesting to put it on the android market. What would you think about it ? It would be easier for you to update it, and for everyone to install it

BelgianAtheist

Jul 10, 2007
plus.google.com
I have no time to program at the moment but I just played around with the adb shell and it can be brighter than 125
In fact there are 4 levels of brightness from 125 > 128 (129 will flash) echoing a new value in that range will increase or decrease brightness
Perhaps a slider is possible anyway :)

hackspetten

Apr 28, 2010
Stockholm
This is realy a great begining of an app god work :) android market is probably a good idea.
But before you post it there i would recomend that you implement some of the feedback you have got from the users here, and then publish it :)

AnttiV

Apr 23, 2009
Pori
Thankyouthankyouthankyou! You have no idea how much I missed this feature on my Hero (I got used to it with my Touch Pro), now that I got Desire I was dumbfounded that an app like this wasn't available from the market.. anyways, as always, xda to the rescue :D

One suggestion, if it isn't too hard to do: add a widget (like the built-in HTC-style wifi/gps/bluetooth/etc. widgets) to toggle the "low-power-mode" flashlight on and off. That way the user doesn't need to actually open the application, just toggle the light on and off with a widget (the way I assume most people would use this kind of an app).

Now that I think of it, I would pay for such an app. Somehow I never manager to carry a real flashlight with me, but I always need one :)

Anyways, great! thanks!

th3

Apr 13, 2010
UK-KSA-S.E.Asia
^I can relate to those sentiments completely!

Religiously awaiting updates...

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

ali87

Jul 13, 2008
what's new in this update? :)

Sent from my HTC Desire using the XDA mobile application powered by Tapatalk

PauloJ5

Apr 7, 2008
Jeez - that led is really bright at full power (flash). This great as is, but using the max led power would be so cool. Nice work.

lambenttelos

Sep 13, 2009
Whew, I had been looking into how to do something like this for quite awhile. Would anyone be willing to share their source code for just how to turn the light on? I understand how to do this from the adb shell, but I'm still a bit confused how its done from an app.

Awesome job finding this guys!

Last edited:

-=Beavis=-

Jan 30, 2009
Awesome - could you port this to the Nexus One?
Didn't test it for myself but it seems that it doesn't work on the N1...

You would be my hero mate!!!