[ROM][FroYo][2.2.2]Stock/Optimized/Clean FroYo

Search This thread
S

Skyheiser

This is not a new ROM or a customized one, in fact, this is just the Stock FroYo that comes with every single stock Optimus Me.

froyobanner.png

Yes, we have great options to update our phones to Gingerbread or even Ice Cream Sandwich BUT sometimes we want (or need) to get that stock feel again and recently I had to reflash the stock FroYo firmware, but in the middle of the process I thought: "Hey, this is boring, life could be easier if it was a flashable zip instead of a clunky and blah .kdz." and so I did.

In fact, I didn't only "convert" that boring .kdz into a flashable zip but I did make two other versions too. The first of them is the stock FroYo firmware (based on V10A_00 brazilian firmware) UNTOUCHED (no modifications, no nothing. Simple, pure and full of LG garbage ROM), the second one is like the first one, but it is optimized (rooted, zipaligned, de-odexed and etc, the features list is below) and yes, it contains LGs garbages and the third and final one is the Clean Version, it is optimized and without LG garbages (I just kept some of them). And so, you are free to choose wich one you'll want to flash.

Features List:
Stock FroYo Untouched:
  • Pure LG Stock FroYo (2.2.2) Firmware
  • No modifications (everything is exactly as the same when you buy a new Optimus Me)
  • Every stock LG app is included
Optimized FroYo:
  • Rooted
  • De-odexed
  • Busybox support
  • init.d scripts support
  • Zipaligned
  • Custom bootanimation support
  • Every stock LG app is also included
Clean FroYo:
  • No LG apps (except for LG Keyboard and LG Home which are useful)
  • Rooted
  • De-odexed
  • Busybox support
  • init.d scripts support
  • Zipaligned
  • Custom bootanimation support
  • Removed bootscreen sound

Which ROM should you choose?
Take the Stock Untouched one if you: want a vanilla LG Optimus Me experience.

Take the Optimized FroYo version if you: want everything that LG wants you to have PLUS some optimizations here and there to make the system faster and better.

Take the Clean FroYo version if you: just want that stock FroYo feeling back plus some optimizations and you do not need the LG apps.

Downloads:
So you decided which one you're going to take and you want to download and install it, right? Okay, just click in the version you want and download it from Mediafire.

Stock Untouched FroYo version

Optimized FroYo version

Clean FroYo version

How to install it?
NOTE: The three ROMs are compatible with every single custom recovery released to Optimus Me.
Follow these steps if you are DOWNGRADING your Android version or if you want a CLEAN INSTALL (formatting EVERYTHING and losing everything in the PHONE):
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Make a Nandroid Backup (optional but recommended)
  • Format boot
  • Format cache
  • Format data
  • Format system
  • Format SD-ext
  • Flash the ROMs Zip
  • Reboot to system

Follow these steps if you are UPDATING your FroYo Based ROM to one of these:
  • Reboot to recovery
  • Make a Nandroid Backup (again, it is optional but recommended)
  • Wipe cache
  • Wipe Dalvik Cache
  • Flash the ROMs Zip
  • Reboot to system

Things you MUST remember before asking something here:
  • If something goes wrong and mess your Pecans up, it is not MY fault, it's YOURS, remember that YOU decided to use my ROMs and YOU made something wrong when installing it.
  • I won't support you if you are using a non-stock Kernel (such as Team Pecan V2 Kernel).
  • I won't support you if YOU modified system files.
  • I won't support you if you are not using anything stock (stock launcher, sms app, music app etc).
  • Got a bug? First of all, make a CLEAN INSTALL (I did even make a little guide for it in the "How to install?" section) of the ROM (formatting EVERYTHING).
  • Still got the bug? Read the last 2-3 pages of this thread and check if it has been reported, fixed or it has a temporary solution and if it hasn't, report the bug.

Please, do not thank me if you think that I do not deserve it, only do it if you think that I really did help you and you feel like thanking me.

Skyheiser

Last edited:
A

archsubhankar

Hi bro, I guess the latest verion for P350 is V10f, could you tell me if the V10a version has any significant difference with v10f. Thanks

Sent from my LG-P350 using xda app-developers app

S

Skyheiser

Hi bro, I guess the latest verion for P350 is V10f, could you tell me if the V10a version has any significant difference with v10f. Thanks

There is no "latest" stock FroYo version, there is different stock versions for each area where P350 was released. Before opening this thread I flashed every Stock FroYo version that I could find to make sure that I'd be giving you guys the best Stock that I could find, and, well, the results were quite the same in the performance side but I found that V10A_00 had less LG Bloatware so I chose this one.

Skyheiser

signalfire

Feb 11, 2012
i flash v10c and v10g then i see v10g is best for battery backup,i dont know about v10a but i think v10g is best stock rom

A

archsubhankar

There is no "latest" stock FroYo version, there is different stock versions for each area where P350 was released. Before opening this thread I flashed every Stock FroYo version that I could find to make sure that I'd be giving you guys the best Stock that I could find, and, well, the results were quite the same in the performance side but I found that V10A_00 had less LG Bloatware so I chose this one.

Skyheiser

Ok..I got your point.
Surpisingly, when I flashed this rom V10A after downloading from this thread, and I checked the about phone in my mobile. The version shown there was V10f and my mobile was named as LG p 350f....any clues about whats happening?

Aadi

May 27, 2012
infinityhacks.wordpress.com

The only difference will solely lie in the kernel man because it is not an android upgrade instead it is just an update. The things like 10a,10g,10f it is just the kernel names you can ask your doubts about kernel to rom2maru he compiled a lot of them. :good:
But this ROM is similar to PecanMod v5 it is the same old stock froyo with root and other stuff. But anywayz awesome work bro I really appreciate it I think we can collaborate and make ROM's if you are interested just PM because I am also a newbie

S

Skyheiser

Ok..I got your point.
Surpisingly, when I flashed this rom V10A after downloading from this thread, and I checked the about phone in my mobile. The version shown there was V10f and my mobile was named as LG p 350f....any clues about whats happening?

About the V10f thing, this is weird since this is based on V10A_00 only, but the P350f thing is expected as Optimus Me is known as P350f in brazil and V10A_00 is the brazilian stock unbranded FroYo.

But tell me, did you make a Clean Install or you just Updated your FroYo?

Skyheiser

Rafaelix

Mar 5, 2012
THANK YOU . THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I'm sure many people will benefit from this very beautiful work. Already downloaded and am testing. therefore tired to install modified rom like cyanogem etc and none of them works perfectly. The first few minutes I used the rom CLEAN, it was very fast and stable.

A

archsubhankar

About the V10f thing, this is weird since this is based on V10A_00 only, but the P350f thing is expected as Optimus Me is known as P350f in brazil and V10A_00 is the brazilian stock unbranded FroYo.

But tell me, did you make a Clean Install or you just Updated your FroYo?

Skyheiser

Hi,
I was using Cyanogenmod 7.2, I made a clean install , after formatting system, wiping cache, wiping dalvik cache etc. So the version shown in the about phone option was V10f after all these things. Didnt have a clue as to how this can be exactly.

S

Skyheiser

Hi,
I was using Cyanogenmod 7.2, I made a clean install , after formatting system, wiping cache, wiping dalvik cache etc. So the version shown in the about phone option was V10f after all these things. Didnt have a clue as to how this can be exactly.

That's really weird, but if everything is working properly you can just ignore it.

Skyheiser

Pecan-fan

Jul 16, 2012
Brazil
Great Idea!

This was a very, very great idea that you had! I just downloaded it and I will try it soon. I hope that it fixes some gps issues I am having with CM7.

S

Skyheiser

Man this post is old please dont revive old topics.
And in froyo its supposed to have all languages =(

This thread is not dead, and I'll still give support to anyone that needs BUT I'M NOT ADDING ANY FEATURES/LANGUAGES/HACKS/MODS TO THIS ROM AS THIS WOULD BREAK THE WHOLE MEANING OF HAVING IT.

The point of this thread is to give an option of a flashable STOCK FROYO (based on v10a_00) to anyone that needs or wants it.

Skyheiser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The only difference will solely lie in the kernel man because it is not an android upgrade instead it is just an update. The things like 10a,10g,10f it is just the kernel names you can ask your doubts about kernel to rom2maru he compiled a lot of them. :good:
    But this ROM is similar to PecanMod v5 it is the same old stock froyo with root and other stuff. But anywayz awesome work bro I really appreciate it I think we can collaborate and make ROM's if you are interested just PM because I am also a newbie
    This might be really useful. Thanks.
    really very good job thank you !
    +greek language :) :good: