[13 Mar 2012] Stock MIUI (Very Stable) [cLK/MAG]

Search This thread

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Stock MIUI (Very Very Stable)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This rom is modified from MIUI android to work with clk bootloader. Please give MIUI Android all the credit.

Converted from the latest MIUI available 2.3.9

The goal of this thread is for two things. I have one main goal, STABLILITY. I will keep all roms I create. Their currently are two versions.

-Stock- I will keep up to date with MIUI and release CLK versions to accompy their magldr versions. The stock rom will stay stock, that means no changes!

-Tweaked- The tweaked rom will offer things more towards my preferance, or possibly by request. Currently the only difference between Stock and Tweaked is in the tweaked version MIUI launcher has been removed and replaced with Go Launcher. If you would like to see something included in this rom, please post.

(tweaked version is currently discontinued)

Features of Stock MIUI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-A2SD
-Rooted
-Android 2.3.7
-Deodexed
-Very Fast
-Many other things

Links

All downloads will be posted on this page.

Rom Development

What's Working

Everything:)

What's Not Working

--You Tell Me
-I think everything is working

How-To Install

To Install wipe all data!!! Partition layout is a 150/5. It seems to work well.

Previously I have written a guide. It can be found here:http://tech.memoryx2.com/HD2_Home

Credits

Tytung
yz.hd
munjeni
Cotulla
arif-ali
cedesmith
seadersn
MIUI Android
Everyone who keeps the HD2 GOING!!!!
All rom creaters, driver builders, porters, everyone who contributes!!
(I may have missed some one if so please pm me and I will add)

Attachments

• shot_000005.jpg
    shot_000005.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 8,470
  • shot_000003.jpg
    shot_000003.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 7,083
  • shot_000008.jpg
    shot_000008.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 5,872
Last edited:

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Stock MIUI Change Log

-Updated to MIUI 2.3.9
-Updated to MIUI 2.2.3
-Updated to MIUI 2.1.13

Tweaked MIUI Change Log

Currently discontinued, I may start it back up later if there is interest when I have more time.
-Removed MIUI Launcher
-Replaced with Go Launcher

Last edited:

MrPadie

Jan 29, 2010
Cape Town
www.voidblog.com
Just a head's up - for those of you who like as much internal space for apps as possible, a 150/5 partition is more than sufficient to run this ROM, considering the extracted /system size is about 137MB.

I used that size, worked fine for me.
MrP.

Reactions: kylew1212

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Just a head's up - for those of you who like as much internal space for apps as possible, a 150/5 partition is more than sufficient to run this ROM, considering the extracted /system size is about 137MB.

I used that size, worked fine for me.
MrP.

Thanks, I will update the first post. This is a learning experience for me.

Sent from my HD2 using xda premium

MrPadie

Jan 29, 2010
Cape Town
www.voidblog.com
Thanks, I will update the first post. This is a learning experience for me.

No worries bud, we all have to start somewhere.

A good measure of what partition size you need is by checking the extracted size of all the files going into the /system partition in your ROM zip (usually just the "system" folder in a ROM zip file, but could include other directories, depending on how the ROM installs), and then rounding up to the nearest multiple of 10.

In other words, if I built a ROM, and saw the extracted "system" directory (and/or any other directory being extracted to /system) in the ROM works out to be around 173MB, I'd recommend using a 180MB partition for /system.

Keep up the good work, really useful to have a CLK version of MIUI.
MrP.

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Sorry for a noob question
But can we have a link to all the included apps with the basic MIUI ROm?

Thanks

What exactly are you asking? Are you wanting to know what apps are included or are you wanting to download the apps to another rom?

I can extract the apps, but I can't guarantee they will work on anything but this system.

MrPadie

Jan 29, 2010
Cape Town
www.voidblog.com
Sorry for a noob question
But can we have a link to all the included apps with the basic MIUI ROm?

Thanks

I don't quite get what you're looking for, please explain it a bit further.

If you're asking where to find the standard MIUI apps to add to this ROM, then you must have missed in the OP that no changes have been made, and hence all the standard included apps are in this ROM already.

Alternatively, if you want all the basic MIUI apps for something else, why not just download the ROM, and extract those you want from the ROM zip?

Sorry if I don't quite get what you meant.
MrP.

EDIT: kylew1212 beat me to it.

Last edited:

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
This rom was for personal use. But I use this rom, with a little tweaking. I use go launcher so that my home screen isn't cluttered. Would anyone be interested in a miui version with a little tweaking? I will keep the stock one but I may build a tweaked version. Let me know if interested.

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
I don't quite get what you're looking for, please explain it a bit further.

If you're asking where to find the standard MIUI apps to add to this ROM, then you must have missed in the OP that no changes have been made, and hence all the standard included apps are in this ROM already.

Alternatively, if you want all the basic MIUI apps for something else, why not just download the ROM, and extract those you want from the ROM zip?

Sorry if I don't quite get what you meant.
MrP.

EDIT: kylew1212 beat me to it.

Your answers much better! ;) thanks for the partition information!! :D

wilfred888

Feb 17, 2011
Sorry I'm new to flashing roms and after lots of searching I decided I wanted a basic, sleek ROM like this one. Unfortunately I don't understand the partition part. Can anyone help me out? :D

pathaniya

May 28, 2010
This rom was for personal use. But I use this rom, with a little tweaking. I use go launcher so that my home screen isn't cluttered. Would anyone be interested in a miui version with a little tweaking? I will keep the stock one but I may build a tweaked version. Let me know if interested.

Firstly, thanks, i'd like to have it untweaked. Stock is Stock. Ya we al may do without that Xiaomi account :)

KrewsialNL

color branding

I have a question for you all, hoping I can solve this, finally...after months.
I am using MIUI for months now, with Tytungs r14 kernel. (also tried Dorimanx kernel, but that one has the same issue)

This solves the majority of the color branding issues, but you will get a 'full' fix upon changing the MIUI launcher settings to 'hi-res', which massively destroys the smoothness of the scrolling.

MIUI themselves say it can't happen, though I still have this g**damn color branding issue, when not using hi-res scrolling. There has to be something in that launcher (with other launchers like adw, go launcher, launcherpro, this can be simply fixed by completely disabling the scrolling cache in those settings) to fix this.

Does anybody know how to do this with the MIUI launcher? I love MIUI, but I want something that looks 100%, and i can't live with the color branding stuff (as it also shows in the wallpapers).

Last edited:

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
Firstly, thanks, i'd like to have it untweaked. Stock is Stock. Ya we al may do without that Xiaomi account :)

This is a completely stock rom. The reason I say it was made for my personal use is because I prefer Clk over Magldr. MIUI only publishes a Magldr version. I converted this Magldr version (for my myself) to clk. I changed nothing else. It is completely stock except now it works on two bootloaders instead of one. I uploaded the original(magldr) and my own(clk).

Sorry I'm new to flashing roms and after lots of searching I decided I wanted a basic, sleek ROM like this one. Unfortunately I don't understand the partition part. Can anyone help me out? :D

I have previously written a guide. Scroll down about two paragraphs and It tells all about partition sizes.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402975

I have a question for you all, hoping I can solve this, finally...after months.
I am using MIUI for months now, with Tytungs r14 kernel. (also tried Dorimanx kernel, but that one has the same issue)

This solves the majority of the color branding issues, but you will get a 'full' fix upon changing the MIUI launcher settings to 'hi-res', which massively destroys the smoothness of the scrolling.

MIUI themselves say it can't happen, though I still have this g**damn color branding issue, when not using hi-res scrolling. There has to be something in that launcher (with other launchers like adw, go launcher, launcherpro, this can be simply fixed by completely disabling the scrolling cache in those settings) to fix this.

Does anybody know how to do this with the MIUI launcher? I love MIUI, but I want something that looks 100%, and i can't live with the color branding stuff (as it also shows in the wallpapers).

Honestly I'm not sure what color branding issures are.. Is that like lines going through the screen at random times?

Also have you tried newer versions of MIUI? Possibly they fixed this unknowingly? Sorry I'm not very much help on this at the moment..

Reactions: Shreyas

KrewsialNL

This is a completely stock rom. The reason I say it was made for my personal use is because I prefer Clk over Magldr. MIUI only publishes a Magldr version. I converted this Magldr version (for my myself) to clk. I changed nothing else. It is completely stock except now it works on two bootloaders instead of one. I uploaded the original(magldr) and my own(clk).

I have previously written a guide. Scroll down about two paragraphs and It tells all about partition sizes.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1402975

Honestly I'm not sure what color branding issures are.. Is that like lines going through the screen at random times?

Also have you tried newer versions of MIUI? Possibly they fixed this unknowingly? Sorry I'm not very much help on this at the moment..

I will look some examples tomorrow and show you what I mean.

Don't be sorry, buddy :)

I managed for now with the hi res setting and it is not as choppy as it used to be. But in hopes to fix this, I will get back to you on this. Thanks for replying!

kylew1212

Dec 1, 2011
Alabama
www.memoryx2.com
I will look some examples tomorrow and show you what I mean.

Don't be sorry, buddy :)

I managed for now with the hi res setting and it is not as choppy as it used to be. But in hopes to fix this, I will get back to you on this. Thanks for replying!

I don't want to promise you anything because I don't know if I can fix it or not. I'm starting to work on porting MIUI 4.0 to the HD2. If I get a bootable version I will upload it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Stock MIUI (Very Very Stable)

This rom is modified from MIUI android to work with clk bootloader. Please give MIUI Android all the credit.

Converted from the latest MIUI available 2.3.9

The goal of this thread is for two things. I have one main goal, STABLILITY. I will keep all roms I create. Their currently are two versions.

-Stock- I will keep up to date with MIUI and release CLK versions to accompy their magldr versions. The stock rom will stay stock, that means no changes!

-Tweaked- The tweaked rom will offer things more towards my preferance, or possibly by request. Currently the only difference between Stock and Tweaked is in the tweaked version MIUI launcher has been removed and replaced with Go Launcher. If you would like to see something included in this rom, please post.

(tweaked version is currently discontinued)

Features of Stock MIUI

-A2SD
    -Rooted
    -Android 2.3.7
    -Deodexed
    -Very Fast
    -Many other things

Links

All downloads will be posted on this page.

Rom Development

What's Working

Everything:)

What's Not Working

--You Tell Me
    -I think everything is working

How-To Install

To Install wipe all data!!! Partition layout is a 150/5. It seems to work well.

Previously I have written a guide. It can be found here:http://tech.memoryx2.com/HD2_Home

Credits

Tytung
    yz.hd
    munjeni
    Cotulla
    arif-ali
    cedesmith
    seadersn
    MIUI Android
    Everyone who keeps the HD2 GOING!!!!
    All rom creaters, driver builders, porters, everyone who contributes!!
    (I may have missed some one if so please pm me and I will add)
    Stock MIUI Change Log

-Updated to MIUI 2.3.9
    -Updated to MIUI 2.2.3
    -Updated to MIUI 2.1.13

Tweaked MIUI Change Log

Currently discontinued, I may start it back up later if there is interest when I have more time.
    -Removed MIUI Launcher
    -Replaced with Go Launcher
    MIUI has many neat features.

1. Long press on the toggle switch will take you to that options settings.

2. Secrecy mode disables text, and call logs to let someone look at your phone.

3. Holding the home key on the lock screen activates the flash light.
    I think I'm going to make a clk version of latest miui tomorrow if anyone's interested. However I need someone to mirror it because I have very limited bandwidth on my server because of my business.

Also I once made a tweaked version where the miui launcher was replaced with go launcher. It was stable and worked well. Miui latest + go launcher. I'm probably going to make that for myself let me know if you're interested in either version.

Best Regards
    Kylew1212

I'm sorry about my server guys, I will have everything straightened out soon. I have a lot of headaches going on right now with my business, and school. I always seem to have very little time. However I hope to update soon.

Best Regards,
    Kylew1212