FLOCK - unlocking/unfreezing S8500/S8530 for free could not be any easier!

Search This thread

elkpojlb

Apr 22, 2011
You could do it for bada 1.0 or is that possible? ... happens in Latin America is not yet upgraded to bada 1.2, very few countries with bada 1.2 of here .. We would be grateful if you answer me whether or not to. from already thank you very much! Greetings! Congratulations to you because it's a great job!

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Short tried on XXJL2 with XXJL2 Bootfiles... + FLOCK_S8500_b1.2
F stands for friendly or fu nny ? :D

I see FOTA Codegen...
after 10 % I see Unlock + Freeze---> maybe 1 minute
Both 8 Digits long...

I can't check it or compare with my WinComm results, as I have destroyed my SIMSecure area on my S8500 with JTAG erase... :eek:
Before it was not locked...
Never seen Netlock in action on my Samsung devices...

But really funny to see how powerfull FOTA is... AGAIN. :cool: :cool:

Now 100 % reached...
2 Codes found...

No idea how many possible...

Thanx mijoma AND Rebellos :p

Best Regards

Edit 1.
Aha... maybe 7 Codes possible? :eek: :confused:
gän.. ock
nät.. ock
sup.. ock
sp.. ock
cp.. ock
mutti.. ock
slim.. ock

But my damn JTAG experiment... :eek:
OemGetNandInfo : block is corrupted for NAND HeaderInfo. block. pageNum(2047,0)

Last edited:

RedNine

Feb 8, 2012
Bucharest
N00b here!

Please can you help me describing how to do the flashing for that FOTA file? :eek:

I have Samsung S8530 Wave II with bada 1.2 and S8530XXKF1 / S8530OXFJK3 (CNX) and only Network Lock is ON. The phone is locked in Vodafone RO.

Thanks in advance!

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Short tried on XXJL2 with XXJL2 Bootfiles... + FLOCK_S8500_b1.2
F
stands for friendly or fu nny ? :D

It can stand for FOTA, or can stand for nothing. ;P

I see FOTA Codegen...
after 10 % I see Unlock + Freeze---> maybe 1 minute
Both 8 Digits long...
It is individual case, sometimes it must go till 100% to get all codes.

Edit 1.
Aha... maybe 7 Codes possible? :eek: :confused:
gän.. ock
nät.. ock
sup.. ock
sp.. ock
cp.. ock
mutti.. ock
slim.. ock
Yes, there are 7 types of possible lock and it is possible to generate codes for all 7, though for now we see no need for that thing.

Reactions: adfree

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
You could do it for bada 1.0 or is that possible? ... happens in Latin America is not yet upgraded to bada 1.2, very few countries with bada 1.2 of here .. We would be grateful if you answer me whether or not to. from already thank you very much! Greetings! Congratulations to you because it's a great job!
Is it not possible to update to 1.2?
If not - you can try with 1.2 FOTA, if it doesn't work - please provide me bootloader and/or full firmware you got there, also list of locks you have got would be helpful.

Reactions: MekQanik

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
Is it not possible to update to 1.2?

My combination is most lowest/oldest Bootloader... lower Security.
XXJEB for instance...

But this is NOT working with FLOCK_S8500_b1.2.

I have tried before, then updated to XXJL2 Bootloader with success...

No idea, untested. If good idea to mix newer Bootloader with older 1.0 Bada apps_compressed.bin.
Because some special combinations NOT work...

I had ever problems with some chinese Firmware.

Best Regards

csabikusz

Mar 2, 2011
oradea
come on pls adfree adn rebellos pls help me!!
unfreeze hash
23 20 39 7D 0D EA F2 50 62 7B FB D7 37 B5 CB 74 A6 A1 88 01
NETLOCK HASH
6D EB D3 BE 41 31 D4 FE 19 F2 C6 72 5B 2F 42 60 FD E8 92 F5

thank u again.

enban

Apr 2, 2011
Hi! I'm just a lurker on this forum and I think that this is my first post here.

I tried flashing my phone with Flock for S8530 (Bada 2).
When I restart the phone by holding CALL+ENDCALL it shows the "Samsung Wave II" screen (as in normal boot) and then it restarts again, showing the same screen and then restarting again... and so son.

My Bada version is GT-S8530_ITV_1_20120120105526 (S8530XXLA1) with its own bootloader. Do you think that a possible solution exists? Maybe Multiloader has to be set in some special way (I just chose "LSI" and flashed only Flock FOTA file)? Dunno.

Thank you for your work and for sharing with the community.

enban

Apr 2, 2011
Here they go. Thank you for your reply!

edit: never mind, I was able to unlock using KK5 BOOTFILES. Thank you again for you work!

Attachments

• BOOTFILES.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 717
Last edited:
Reactions: LeakeHunter

xerix8500

Feb 9, 2012
Hi!

I did it below:
"Flash the right FOTA file. Turn off the phone, wait few seconds, and then turn it on holding CALL (so you have to press CALL and ENDCALL, 2 keys) key.

But the white screen with red texts didn't show up.

What's wrong?

GT-8500, bada 1,2, KF3

thx Xerix

Rebellos

May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
The fastest way is just change bootloader to some of the checked ones, JPKA, XXJEE XXKK series should work. Also please upload your BOOTFILES.

Reactions: numero7b

numero7b

Feb 9, 2012
Great work

Hello everybody!

Thank you Rebellos for that such amazing work.

Does it work with S8500XXLA1/S8500oXCLA2 firmware?

(This firmware was avaliable through KIES and then erased. Does it happen anywhere else that in Spain?)

Do the FOTA flashing and the other steps generate a code or a hash?

Thank you again for your time.

Bye

xerix8500

Feb 9, 2012
Yesterday, 10:21 PM
# 96
The fastest way is just change bootloader to some of the checked ones, JPKA, XXJEE XXKK series should work. Also please upload your BOOTFILES.

Which fw contains these type of bootfiles? Jl2? or?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the solution for unlocking Wave phones.
    Big thanks goes to mijoma.
    All you do and enter into your phone you do at your own risk. Nobody else but you take whole responsibility for what happens to your phone!
    Remember than flashing of phone is a little risky, however if performed properly, risk of damaging anything is very low.

If your phone locked-up all of the sudden - be sure to read this thread aswell: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1787648

Most of bada 1.2 and 2.0 final-release (not ones from beta releases) bootloaders should be supported.
    You need some knowledge about flashing.

How to check what lock do you have?
    Enter *#7465625# code, you will see list of active and inactive locks.

What do you need?
    Wave 1 or 2 phone with bada 1.2 or 2.0
    For Wave I with bada 1.2 - FLOCK_S8500_b1.2
    For Wave I with bada 2.0 - FLOCK_S8500_b2x
    For Wave II with bada 1.2 - FLOCK_S8530_b1.2
    For Wave II with bada 2.0 - FLOCK_S8530_b2x

Flash the right FOTA file. Turn off the phone, wait few seconds, and then turn it on holding CALL (so you have to press CALL and ENDCALL, 2 keys) key until white screen with red texts shows up. Release keys.

Be patient, FOTA module is calculating 3 codes (Subset lock, Netlock, Unfreeze) for your phone, it can take up to 10 minutes. After you get the code you are interested in you can turn off the phone.

Write down the codes you need. Turn off the phone by holding power button for 15 seconds or taking off battery.

After obtaining code, do procedure below:
    [Netlock], 2 ways:
    1. Insert an unsupported SIM card, start phone and after being asked about "Network Lock" enter Unlock Code you had written down.
    2. enter #7465625*638*Unlock code# <thanks to homelessghost for tip>

[Freeze]
    1. Insert any SIM card, start phone and after being asked about "Freeze" make call and enter code you had written down.

[Subset]
    Can anyone provide guide?

That's all - enjoy unlocked phone!

Troubleshooting:
    Instead of white screen with red texts, usual booting logo appears and then Bada starts, what am I doing wrong?
    Make sure you flashed right FLOCK without errors. If you did so, first - flash APPS from the same bada version, but from ROM that does contain .fota (certain APPS versions can have locked FOTA module), second - if it doesn't work - update your bootloader to some newer/another one and write post here containing information what version of bootloader (bootloader, not bada) you had before that was not working.

Important: Be very careful when writing down and entering unlock code.

If you got any other questions - please ask in this thread.
    It is possible that some phones are not unlockable this method. Then the code wouldn't show up.

General method concept (if you are really interested in sources or way how it works - please PM me or mijoma) should work for most of "Samsung 3G" phones - like JET, Wave3, Monte. If you are owner of locked phone of this class and you are able to do dumps of memory - please contact with me.
    Thanks a lot, Rebellos!

Here it is my hash code (I only have the network lock):

01 6C 99 C4 BF DC 57 72 B1 23 2E 0B 4C 71 C8 0E C7 DC 79 47

Thanks again! :)

03935173 - say kudos to mijoma, he found my mistake in code founder. ;)

Wow, that's news to me, I've never flashed because I heard it'd brick a locked phone. Now the noob question, which checkboxes should I tick in Multiloader for just flashing bootfiles and FOTA? Boot Change, Full Download or nothing at all? Or does it require one flash for bootfiles and another flash for FOTA? Sorry - the next post from me should contain a hash!

Boot Change, then select directory with bootfiles and file with FOTA. Try to find some tutorial before you do it.
    Czesc to mój Hash

A9 67 68 7D DC DB 43 BD 77 18 97 CA FD 09 A4 2E 33 17 44 5E

Cheers
    Hi,

Thanks a lot for your job, you're my god :)

Here's my Hash: C7 2D C4 73 07 18 FA 2B 15 7E 29 07 3F BD 04 2E C7 4C 82 E6

Please let me know if it works.

Thanks a lot, Rebellos!

Here it is my hash code (I only have the network lock):

01 6C 99 C4 BF DC 57 72 B1 23 2E 0B 4C 71 C8 0E C7 DC 79 47

Thanks again! :)

code not found :(
    Sorry, I'm looking for other ways of unlocking too.
    Does that mean it's safe for me to flash bootloader and FOTA if my phone is only network-locked?

I won't bet my hand for that it is in all cases. But I'm pretty certain it is.