[Q] Problem with restoring apps + reading ID3 Tags

Search This thread

projectvirtue

Jan 22, 2011
Hi, I've been having a frustrating time getting my apps from before to get restored.

I received the phone yesterday, updated it to the latest OTA, and then proceeded to root it with the colorOS recovery.

All of that went smoothly, was able to install TiBu and it said it has root access just fine. Can freeze apps and stuff.
However, when I try to restore an app from my previous backup on my other phone, it just hangs at 0%.
I look into this and set the app processing to indirect, and try auto detecting the backup location but neither of them work.

I try using App monster as well, and when i try to restore app data, the restore fails.

At this point, I figure there is a problem that's common to both of them but i'm not sure what.

--------

Second problem is it doesn't seem to want to read ID3 tags properly? I have a large collection of music which read fine on my previous phone (S2 with Kitkat), but the Find 7 seems to be having a hard time with it for some reason. I spent a few hours this morning going through the entire collection and manually checking/updating their ID3 tags but it still doesn't seem to want to work.

Any suggestions?

Doc Ames

Aug 18, 2012
Bloomington, MN
Hi, I've been having a frustrating time getting my apps from before to get restored.

...However, when I try to restore an app from my previous backup on my other phone, it just hangs at 0%...

I had the same issue on the 19APR build with Titanium Backup. Restores worked before updating to the 19APR build. I'm on the 2.0.0i beta now and restoring worked as usual. I don't know what to suggest. Try updating busybox? If all else fails try flashing the 2.0.0i beta. I can't wait for OmniROM.

-Sent from my Lite-Brite

Top Liked Posts