How can i remove the battery to restart??

Search This thread

alexh_

Oct 31, 2009
Hello,
i tried to update my firmware. So i downloadet from samfirmware.com the new firmware and the odin-tool. Then i followed the steps are shown here: samfirmware.com/P1000%20how%20to%20flash.pdf
not the steps are shown in the video. But now i reached step "7" and it says i should remove the battery to restart. HOW CAN I DO THIS?

At this time, my galaxy tab restarted and i there is the whole time the start screen which says "Galaxy Tab .............. Samsung".

Can i switch the Tab manually off to reach the Download Mode again?

Thx a lot

adolfotregosa

Apr 22, 2005
press and keep pressing power button and vol down --> download mode

press and keep pressing power button --> restart tab

cocoe68

Sep 26, 2010
You cam press power button for few seconds to power down. If you need to start 'download' mode, once you powered down device, press three button at same time, down+exit+power, it will appear download mode on screen.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

xexes

Nov 6, 2010
My US Tmo manual says "Note: You cannot remove the device's back cover and battery."

But the UK manual says:

• Handle and dispose of batteries and chargers with care
Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers specifically designed for your device.
• Incompatible batteries and chargers can cause serious injuries or damage to your device.r damage to your device.

So looks like US versions can't be replaced... at least by us.

ConceptVBS

Jun 28, 2010
My US Tmo manual says "Note: You cannot remove the device's back cover and battery."

But the UK manual says:

• Handle and dispose of batteries and chargers with care
Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers specifically designed for your device.
• Incompatible batteries and chargers can cause serious injuries or damage to your device.r damage to your device.

So looks like US versions can't be replaced... at least by us.

UK people are smoking the hashish. :D

dpaik

Dec 3, 2010
Somewhere, NJ
Beware of fw's from samfirmaware. They have locked bootloaders and youll permanently lock up ur device from installing custom roms and root.

btyork

Apr 16, 2010
Texas
Beware of fw's from samfirmaware. They have locked bootloaders and youll permanently lock up ur device from installing custom roms and root.

This isn't entirely accurate... As a method/exploit has been created to unlock the bootloaders, and I'm fairly certain it works for any firmware with a locked bootloader... I could be wrong there too though.

avenir11

Aug 22, 2011
Try TO charge int through the wall charger foto atto least 4 hours then boot download volume down and power toghether tor few secs... redo operation or installing fw

Jan 9, 2011
You have to press the power button for a while (min 5 sec) after this you have to load the tab for 4h.........
Whrn its done press thr volume DOWN button and the power button for a second.now you are in the download mode and you can flash the gb stock rom and the kernel from team.overcome.net.with this you have a really god base for the ics rom.............(if you want it.....:) )