Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

webby_s

Aug 3, 2010
MN
- it took a long time for my phone to reboot... i got pretty nervous :)
Interesting, I gave up, dang, now I will have to try it again since you say that... I figured it was too long so I pulled the battery, booted into recovery and flashed my nandroid backup. I wasn't nervous since I had just backed up but now I know I may have to just be a little more patient.

Does it always then boot up SLOW?

ydnandy

Jun 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Interesting, I gave up, dang, now I will have to try it again since you say that... I figured it was too long so I pulled the battery, booted into recovery and flashed my nandroid backup. I wasn't nervous since I had just backed up but now I know I may have to just be a little more patient.

Does it always then boot up SLOW?

I also had a nandroid backup... maybe nervous wasnt the best word, but you know what i mean... I was sitting there watching mario run across my screen for a few minutes.

No, it was just that first boot after i made the changes. I rebooted a second time once it started up and the startup time was back to normal.

webby_s

Aug 3, 2010
MN
k I've been waiting on the "htc EVO 4G" white screen now for about 20 minutes. I think that's too long, right :rolleyes: ? Looks like I'll have to nandroid and check my files.

ydnandy

Jun 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
yeah, thats too long... And mine took a long time on my boot animation, not the htc evo splash screen.

webby_s

Aug 3, 2010
MN
yeah, thats too long... And mine took a long time on my boot animation, not the htc evo splash screen.

K I am now trying it with the combination of your instructions and I now am on my boot animation. So here's hoping I succeed!

Success!!! Thanks all!!!

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
how do I remove the AM/PM on the clock? I think I am mature enough to know when its AM or PM :)

thanks in advance

xak944

Jun 9, 2010
North Carolina
Google Pixel 7
how do I remove the AM/PM on the clock? I think I am mature enough to know when its AM or PM :)

This sounds like you want to change the format of the clock's display, not like removing items from the taskbar as this thread describes.

How about using the 24-hour format? That'll save the space used by the AM/PM, plus you'll still know what time of day it really is. ;)

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
This sounds like you want to change the format of the clock's display, not like removing items from the taskbar as this thread describes.

How about using the 24-hour format? That'll save the space used by the AM/PM, plus you'll still know what time of day it really is. ;)

lol, thats thinking outside the box.. thanks its what I just did :)

URABUS0924

May 18, 2010
Does this remove both the on and off icons for the GPS? I would like to keep the on icon but remove the off one, is that possible? Thanks.

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
Everything was going good til

6. Recompile the .dex file: java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar outputdir/ -o classes.dex

I keep getting Unexpected Top-level exception:
outputdir not a file
etc
etc

Everything is right..so I don't see what the issue is..

Last edited:

joey3002

Mar 27, 2009
Had to be a typo or something when u saved the file.. I followed that last night and am now without the stupid gps icon.. And am happy

Not sure why anyone would want the clock or battery gone.

I would not mind dropping the reception bar..

Everything was going good til

6. Recompile the .dex file: java -Xmx512M -jar smali.jar outputdir/ -o classes.dex

I keep getting Unexpected Top-level exception:
outputdir not a file
etc
etc

Everything is right..so I don't see what the issue is..

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA App

SteelH

Jun 12, 2010
Does this remove both the on and off icons for the GPS? I would like to keep the on icon but remove the off one, is that possible? Thanks.

Well, you need to mod two lines of code for the GPS MOD. So, MOD only one, test it out and see which icon (on or off) disappears. It's one or the other, so yes you can accomplish what you want.

Not sure why anyone would want the clock or battery gone.
I do because I use battery droid pro widget.

Last edited:

mattykinsx

Jul 7, 2010
If someone can explain what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it... I have the most updated smali ... I've triple checked the changes in the HtcCdmaStatusBar.smali file...

Everything is correct as far as I can see.
Thanks.

Attachments

• help.JPG
    help.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Does anyone know where the notification smali file is located in Gingerbread?

com/android/server/status no longer exists in the classes.dex. There are only folders for "am", "connectivity", and "location".

I am running Droid X with the leaked gingerbread.

Hide battery on 2.3.3
    File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy.smali
    After code(line 2720 - metod updateBattery)
    Code:
    	iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

const-string v7, "battery"

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v2, v3}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIcon(Ljava/lang/String;II)V
    add code
    Code:
    	iget-object v6, p0, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/policy/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;

const-string v7, "battery"

invoke-virtual {v6, v7, v9}, Landroid/app/StatusBarManager;->setIconVisibility(Ljava/lang/String;Z)V

-------------------------------------------------

Hide clock on 2.3.3
    File SystemUI/smali/com/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock.smali
    After code(line 298 - metod onAttachedToWindow)
    Code:
        .line 106
        const v1, -0x414142

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setTextColor(I)V
    add code
    Code:
        const v1, 0x8

invoke-virtual {p0, v1}, Lcom/android/systemui/statusbar/Clock;->setVisibility(I)V

This files from Samsung GT-i9000 Galaxy S - JVB
    Screen from MIUI-1.4.15 Desire
    Remove AM/PM from 12 hour clock

Okay guys, at the prodding of SteelH, who has taken me out of semi-retirement, I took a look at this VERY quickly, as this is not something I use, since I remove the clock all together.

However, since this has already been done by someone else on Samsung phone, probably using a technique different than what I would have pursued (not that there is anything wrong with it), it prevents me from having to figure it out, and rather, just "apply" the principle to our Sense tweaked services.jar instead.

So, if you want to manually modify your services.jar file to remove am/pm from your clock (note, this may break 24 hour display all together, not sure, I didn't bother testing), decompile and open /com/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy.smali, and wholesale replace the updateClock() method in your existing file with the following tweaked version I've provided:

Code:
    .method private final updateClock()V
        .locals 6

.prologue
        .line 940
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-static {}, Ljava/lang/System;->currentTimeMillis()J

move-result-wide v1

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->setTimeInMillis(J)V

.line 941
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-static {v1}, Landroid/text/format/DateFormat;->getTimeFormat(Landroid/content/Context;)Ljava/text/DateFormat;

move-result-object v1

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mCalendar:Ljava/util/Calendar;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Ljava/util/Calendar;->getTime()Ljava/util/Date;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Ljava/text/DateFormat;->format(Ljava/util/Date;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1    

const-string v4, " PM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1     

const-string v4, " AM"

const-string v5, ""

invoke-virtual {v1, v4, v5}, Ljava/lang/String;->replace(Ljava/lang/CharSequence;Ljava/lang/CharSequence;)Ljava/lang/String;

move-result-object v1     

iput-object v1, v0, Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;->text:Ljava/lang/CharSequence;

.line 942
        iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mService:Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;

iget-object v1, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockIcon:Landroid/os/IBinder;

iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarPolicy;->mClockData:Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;

const/4 v3, 0x0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1, v2, v3}, Lcom/android/server/status/StatusBarService;->updateIcon(Landroid/os/IBinder;Lcom/android/server/status/IconData;Lcom/android/server/status/NotificationData;)V

.line 943
        return-void

.end method

Reference:
    no_am_pm.png

Credit to s0niqu3 for the original mod concpet. I opened it up and pulled what was needed to manually apply the same to our version, which was not a 1-to-1 copy / paste, unfortunately, but rather, took a little massaging due do framework differences.