Thread Closed Email Thread
9th July 2011, 04:42 PM |#241  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,927

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrate

Hello there,

since i'm using a Custom-ROM on my HTC HD2 and use the phone in order with no SIM-card, there is always this "NO-SIM-CARD" icon in the status-/notification bar.

I almost tried modifying the services.jar file to make the "NO-SIM-CARD" icon disappear. I managed to disable the showing of the clock, battery and the phone-signal so far. But i can't get the "NO-SIM-CARD" icon to disappear.

Does anybody know how to do it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I would recommend asking about this in the HD2 forum rather than the EVO 4G forum.

10th July 2011, 01:04 AM |#242  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsChiSurf

Actually, you only had the first instance of the applicable GPS set location set to v6 :)

Nonetheless, attached is a flashable zip which "should" NOT display the "no lock reticle" when GPS is turned off, but display the "gps lock reticle" when GPS is turned on.

So, to test, verify by disabling GPS, whereby you should not see either the GPS animation icon or the reticle, then, enable GPS, where you should temporarily see the animation, followed by the reticle showing GPS lock obtained.

This doesn't seem to to work for me. After I flashed the zip, the phone gets stuck at the first white "HTC EVO 4G" boot screen and doesn't progress any further. Any ideas?

I'm using Fresh 4.2.0.0.
10th July 2011, 01:39 PM |#243  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx

This doesn't seem to to work for me. After I flashed the zip, the phone gets stuck at the first white "HTC EVO 4G" boot screen and doesn't progress any further. Any ideas?

I'm using Fresh 4.2.0.0.

You've already answered your own question, you are using Fresh 4.2. Fresh 4.2 is clearly a GB 2.3.3 based ROM. You are trying to flash a framework mod made for Froyo onto GB. Nothing good ever comes of such things.
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteelH Ad-Free
10th July 2011, 07:35 PM |#244  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelH

You've already answered your own question, you are using Fresh 4.2. Fresh 4.2 is clearly a GB 2.3.3 based ROM. You are trying to flash a framework mod made for Froyo onto GB. Nothing good ever comes of such things.

Ah thanks, that makes sense. Is there another way to do it then?
10th July 2011, 10:47 PM |#245  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morfinx

Ah thanks, that makes sense. Is there another way to do it then?

Use my ROM?
The Following User Says Thank You to SteelH For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SteelH Ad-Free
27th July 2011, 08:58 PM |#246  
Flag NJ
Thanks Meter: 36

More
I used the GingerScript tool to pull and decompile everything but when I open the Clock.smali to try to hide the clock, I find that line nowhere and I do not know why. I am running Synergy RC2 ROM. Any help would be appreciated.
15th August 2011, 01:11 AM |#247  
Flag Columbus, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 18

More
I'm trying to remove USB debugging icon but I can't find the code in "NotificationManagerService.smali"...anyone else have this problem or am I just stupid?...

nevermind, I found it in the deodexed rom...I was trying to do this via an odexed assuming that decompiling services.odex produced the same result as decompiling classes.dex within services.jar...but it doesn't
16th August 2011, 07:59 AM |#248  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag california
Thanks Meter: 652

Donate to Me
More
Check systemui.apk a bunch of stuff got moved around in gingerbread.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
17th August 2011, 09:28 PM |#249  
OP Senior Member

More
Thread closed.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gps, hide, icon, remove icons, reticle, status, status bar
Previous Thread Next Thread