12th March 2013, 11:18 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Re: [GUIDE]How to flash a stock rom on branded device
Quote:
Originally Posted by morphix.net

Noobish question

What does it mean:

I do understand most off it but as I never rooted the phone, I don't want to mess up sth
Just need to debrand this Vodafone crap and have root for some applications I need.

Thanks for reply!

Anyone? I changed my CID to HTC__001 following the steps provided here, and found the stock recovery via google and flashed it. Then I relocked and tried to run 2 different RUUs but both failed at some point (I got a different error code from each one, I remember one was error 132). So I guess I must flash the stock boot whatever that is.

Do you guys have this files? If so please post them here, I've got the stock recovery, but I'm not sure if it really is the stock recovery.

Thanks!!

PD: Mine is a Vodafone EURO branded HOS S4

Edit: I've found both files inside a zipped stock rom. I'll try to run the process again tomorrow, flashing both of them via fastboot before relocking. If someone needs this files just ask for them and I'll be happy to post them here!

Edit2: Still no luck, I'm cid HTC__001 (fastboot getvar cid returns HTC__001) and after flashing the stock boot and stock recovery and relocking I haven't been able to successfully run a RUU. I've tried with two different HTC euro RUUs, one of them returned error 132, and the other one returned error 155. Any ideas?

I've searched around and someone said that having a sense based rom before running the RUU may be important. Is that so? Thanks in advance!
16th May 2013, 09:35 AM |#82  
Flag Glasgow
Thanks Meter: 121

More
Hi Guys,

I have successfully went through numbers one to eleven in the guide. Could someone post a walkthrough for the next step in the process. I know how to relock bootloader but how do I flash a stock recovery and boot and run a stock rom?

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)