[ROOT][GUIDE]SGS4[I9506-E330s][DOWNLOAD][4.4.2 SUPPORT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

funkyirishman

Jul 22, 2011
Dublin
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Ok keep having this problem after rooting and using Titanium to remove bloatware

Do the removal and then go in and clear cache and Dalvik and phone boots up ok but everytime it keeps reverting back to German language and want it set to English

This is bug in the phone or something else anyone else experience this?

Reactions: xenix96

kotsios

Oct 30, 2011
Cant flash the custom recovery.

I tried several times to flash both of the recovery files of chenglu and phills but they do not seem to get installed, odin gives me PASSED message but still i cant boot into custom recovery so i can install root zip! Am i doing anything wrong? I am following the steps very carefully but is there something i am missing??

Last edited:

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Ok keep having this problem after rooting and using Titanium to remove bloatware

Do the removal and then go in and clear cache and Dalvik and phone boots up ok but everytime it keeps reverting back to German language and want it set to English

This is bug in the phone or something else anyone else experience this?

i got this bug too but otherwhise...
i set language to german and got after a fresh reboot engilsh language :) but not everytime

cheers

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

stxfreak

Oct 8, 2013
can i also just flash the cwm and root without flashing any rom, just staying official and remove bloat? if i understood everything right, running the old bootloader on 4.2.2 knox shouldnt be tripped as long as you stay on this bootloader.

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
can i also just flash the cwm and root without flashing any rom, just staying official and remove bloat? if i understood everything right, running the old bootloader on 4.2.2 knox shouldnt be tripped as long as you stay on this bootloader.

currently with 4.2.2 bootloader your right since i cant see Knox in it

Cheers :)

fl4me-on

Nov 16, 2013
My i9506 should arrive within the next days. Once I get it I will try to root it using Kingo (kingoapp.com) and post the results here.
I found some nice Youtube videos where people are rooting their Galaxy Note 3 (what - as we all know - is hardware wise pretty similar to our device) without tripping KNOX: youtube.com/watch?v=jTCH0gmRT0A
The thing that amazes me the most about this program is not only that it offers one-click-root but also one-click-unroot with restoring everything back to official!

Since the i9506/E330 is currently not listed in the supported devices section of Kingo I am pretty curious if it works. At least they are advertising on their main page with "All Devices Supported" so I am pretty optimistic.

Has someone of you made any experience with this program and would like to share them in the meantime?

[XDA won't let me put any links to external sites, as long as I have less than 10 posts, so I had to change them to plain text - sorry for that!]

Reactions: xenix96

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
My i9506 should arrive within the next days. Once I get it I will try to root it using Kingo (kingoapp.com) and post the results here.
I found some nice Youtube videos where people are rooting their Galaxy Note 3 (what - as we all know - is hardware wise pretty similar to our device) without tripping KNOX: youtube.com/watch?v=jTCH0gmRT0A
The thing that amazes me the most about this program is not only that it offers one-click-root but also one-click-unroot with restoring everything back to official!

Since the i9506/E330 is currently not listed in the supported devices section of Kingo I am pretty curious if it works. At least they are advertising on their main page with "All Devices Supported" so I am pretty optimistic.

Has someone of you made any experience with this program and would like to share them in the meantime?

[XDA won't let me put any links to external sites, as long as I have less than 10 posts, so I had to change them to plain text - sorry for that!]

i know this kingo app but currently i9506 is not supported. So use it when you know how you bring back you device if you get a hard/softbrick. the devs from kingo app also say that .... and if you search on google/xda you will find people who tried that on unsupported devices with hard and softbricks.

so i only want alert you and think about that twice before you do that since currently you wont trip any knox thing on i9506 with 4.2.2 firmware bootloader if you root it over cwm....

Last edited:
Reactions: fl4me-on

fl4me-on

Nov 16, 2013
i know this kingo app but currently i9506 is not supported. So use it when you know how you bring back you device if you get a hard/softbrick. the devs from kingo app also say that .... and if you search on google/xda you will find people who tried that on unsupported devices with hard and softbricks.

My bad, I did not know that! I thought the worst thing that could happen is that Kingo did not recognise my device and that's it. I was not aware that it tries to root even if the device is unknown to it :confused:

The reason why this app got my attention was a post on their Facebook site a couple of weeks ago where they listed a table of all Galaxy S4 variations (including the i9506). With this in mind I thought that by now all of them should be supported and maybe they just missed to update the "Device"-section on their homepage.

I already had some softbricks/bootloops using CWM on my current device (Galaxy S2) but was luckily able to fix them every time. In order to avoid this from happening to my S4 this Kingo app sounded pretty nice... But as I can tell by your reply you do not seem very keen about it at all :/

slimshouki

Dec 5, 2012

so i only want alert you and think about that twice before you do that since currently you wont trip any knox thing on i9506 with 4.2.2 firmware bootloader if you root it over cwm....

Dear xenix,

I am in the process of comparing between the i9505 and the i9506 and I really dont know which one to purchase specially they are prized the same!! but I am sure that i9506 is much stronger in terms of processor but i9505 is better in terms of support and development so I am fearing that i9506 will not get much support or development in the near future so I'd like your advice as a i9506 user. Appreciate your reply

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dear xenix,

I am in the process of comparing between the i9505 and the i9506 and I really dont know which one to purchase specially they are prized the same!! but I am sure that i9506 is much stronger in terms of processor but i9505 is better in terms of support and development so I am fearing that i9506 will not get much support or development in the near future so I'd like your advice as a i9506 user. Appreciate your reply

well its depending on your own priorities what you exactly need and want do with your device.

My Top prio's what i need on a device is:

1. cwm
2. root
3. cm based custom rom
4. aosp based custom rom

The first 2 points are must have for me and next 2 points are wishes since i can debloat the official firmware with root access.

So if i where in your position i would decide me for the I9506 cause it have cwm and root available since it have also the s800 processor

So set your priorities and decide wich device you want :)

Cheers

slimshouki

Dec 5, 2012
well its depending on your own priorities what you exactly need and want do with your device.

My Top prio's what i need on a device is:

1. cwm
2. root
3. cm based custom rom
4. aosp based custom rom

The first 2 points are must have for me and next 2 points are wishes since i can debloat the official firmware with root access.

So if i where in your position i would decide me for the I9506 cause it have cwm and root available since it have also the s800 processor

So set your priorities and decide wich device you want :)

Cheers

Dear xenix96

Thank you for your quick support.I already decided to go for the i9506 but I have one issue that is holding me which is; the seller has a brand new one never been used and I checked the imei, about software and everything which shows that the phone is genuine and its a i9506.The only problem is that the box is for I9500 not i9506 although the imei sticker on the box is the same one behind the phone and the one called from *#06# but the model written on the back of the box is i9500 with the specs for the i9500 so is that normal ?? how about you check the back of your box and verify it and attach the photo if you can.you can see the attachments to understand me well.

Attachments

• IMG-20131205-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20131205-WA0009.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG-20131205-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20131205-WA0005.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 355
Last edited:

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dear xenix96

Thank you for your quick support.I already decided to go for the i9506 but I have one issue that is holding me which is; the seller has a brand new one never been used and I checked the imei, about software and everything which shows that the phone is genuine and its a i9506.The only problem is that the box is for I9500 not i9506 although the imei sticker on the box is the same one behind the phone and the one called from *#06# but the model written on the back of the box is i9500 with the specs for the i9500 so is that normal ?? how about you check the back of your box and verify it and attach the photo if you can.you can see the attachments to understand me well.

please remove your IMEI pictures ....... Do never never put imei numbers on any Inet site or else!!!!!

ill take a look on my box when iam home

xenix96

Dec 31, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Dear xenix96

So as i can see when i compare the pictures you got a original I9506 with right IMEI but wrong box ......
If you bought it as new from a reseller then i would throw that box on their table and request the right box or request the money back!!!!

Cause you need in case of warranty the right box (thats a requierement from my reseller)!!

If you get it from a private person then you got bad cards ....In attachement you find pictures of the original I9506 box ....

Cheers

Attachments

• CameraZOOM-20131205180517087.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20131205180517087.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 186
  • CameraZOOM-20131205180313083.jpg
    CameraZOOM-20131205180313083.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 229

sheesha_straw

Jan 6, 2011
Quick question, I have the SK Telecom variant E330S Galaxy S4
It's basically the same device as the i9506 right, made for the Korean carrier?

Skully_88

Nov 24, 2013
Hello,

i have the Galaxy S4 I9506 when i try to flash the Philz Recovery fia Odin, i get the error "get PIT for mapping" -> "there is no pit partition" i have the original S4 cable. Can you help me?

Sorry for my bad english i,m german ;P

bumax

Dec 27, 2010
Hello,

i have the Galaxy S4 I9506 when i try to flash the Philz Recovery fia Odin, i get the error "get PIT for mapping" -> "there is no pit partition" i have the original S4 cable. Can you help me?

Sorry for my bad english i,m german ;P

Try different USB port and do not use any USB HUB, connect cable directly to pc. ;)

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Anyone have stock kernel and recovery?
AllShareCast Dongle needs both of those and I dont want to root if I cant revert back to stock recovery and kernel. :D

sheesha_straw

Jan 6, 2011
guys, are there any ROMs available for the E330S version?
I'm annoyed by these SK Telecom bloatwares...
Please, any info would be much appreciated, thx b4

ipk

Feb 5, 2007
Stock ROM

Does anyone have a stock rom somewhere? my games with i9506 went a bit far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please read the guides below before asking questions

========================================================================================================================

This CWM and Root Method is tested from many users and at least by me on this devices GT-I9506 and SHV-E330S!!

========================================================================================================================

USE THIS GUIDE WHEN YOU KNOW WHAT YOU DO AND YOU DONT CARE ABOUT KNOX WARRANTY 0x1b !!!

IF YOU DONT WANT TO VOID YOUR KNOX WARRANTY STOP READING THE TEXT BELOW AND GO OUT OF THIS THREAD..... Thanks !!!

----- SHORT DECLARATION - ODIN3 -----

PDA refers to the build version of the firmware

Phone refers to the baseband/modem version

CSC is the consumer software customisation and is specific to geographical region and carriers. It contains the software packages specific to that region, carrier branding and also APN settings for data connection, MMS etc for your service provider.

CSC has nothing to do with what languages the firmware supports and it will not add keyboard language support either.

.PIT refers to the partition information table you only need it if you screw up your partition table or if the firmware specifically requires it because of a change in the partition table layout. It's very likely you may never have to use this.

If the package only contains one .tar archive then it will have everything, pda+phone+csc, in the one file.

If it has multiple .tar archive then:
    • The .tar with modem in the name is the phone/baseband bit of the package
    • .tar with csc/multi-csc in the name is the csc bit of the package
    • .tar with code/PDA in the name is the PDA part of the firmware package

If this is the case you will need to put these .tar archives in the specific areas of Odin to flash the update

Get -->Odin3<-- Just extract Odin folder and keep the odin3.ini file in it.

I use v1.85 in this guide you can use also the latest version... it doesnt matter.

----- FLASHING WITH ODIN3 v1.85 -----

1. Just download the CWM version you want from the 2nd post. It must be a .tar or .tar.md5 file!!

2. Reboot your phone to download mode.

To get download mode shut down the device. After it shuts off completely simultaneously press the Down volume key + press the power button .

You should see a warning asking you to press volume up if you want to continue or volume down to cancel, press volume up. You are now in download mode!

3. Start Odin

4. Click on the PDA button and browse to the .tar or .tar.md5 file that you downloaded in step 1

5. PLEASE DO NOT PUT .PIT FILE AND DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT TICK REPARTITION!!!

6. Connect the USB cable and wait for the ID:COM section to turn yellow

Should look like this screenshot:

ja4j.png

7. Click start to flash

8. Do not disconnect the cable or turn off the device, it will reboot when it finishes.

-- ROOT METHOD SGS4 I9506 + E330S --

The following root file was made for the E330S and works also on I9506.

The only difference to the original file is that i changed the Korean superSU.apk with the International free superSU.apk from great Chainfire´s thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1538053

Now you are able to read the text and dont need to learn Korean language ;)

1. Download ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and Latest UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip package fom Chainfire!!!!!

3. Transfer the file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip and UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip to the extSDCARD(the SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or the SDCARD(from your device)

4. Turn off your Device

5. After device completely OFF - Enter Recovery
    -->Entering Recovery:
    - Hold Volume UP + Power Button
    - When device turns ON, RELEASE POWER BUTTON when it says RECOVERY BOOTING (ignore the text "SECURE FAIL: Recovery" since you flashed CWM ....)
    - Will Enter Recovery

6. Select install Zip

6.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

7. Select file ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip

8. Move to YES - Install ROOT_E330S_I9506_v2.zip touch it or Push the Power button

9. Return to CWM main menu

10. Select install Zip

10.1 Select choose zip from external SDCARD(if you transferred it on SDCARD where you afterwards plugged in!!) or choose zip from SDCARD(from your device)

11. Select file UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip

12. Move to YES - Install UPDATE-SuperSU-vX.xx.zip touch it or Push the Power button

13. When update procedure finished, REBOOT.

Now your device is rooted!

Cheers

If i forgot something or it is wrong just post here in thread :) Thanks!

Cwm - versions - download

On this Post you can dowload the CWM to flash it with ODIN to your device.

FOLDER: 1_CWM_FILE_I9506_E330S

1. Chenglu_cwm_recovery_6.0.3.7(0905)-fix-exSdcard.tar <-- build from Chenglu @Chenglu aka github: xiaolu

2. Philz_Touch _CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial.tar <-- a unofficial build by unknown from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

Many thanks to this persons!!! a big -> :) ^^

FOLLOWING CWM IS SPECIALLY TESTED AND MODIFIED FOR GT-I9506!! (NOT TESTED ON E330S!!)

FOLDER: 1.1_CWM_FILE_I9506

1. Philz_Touch__CWM_6.3.7_V5.15.0_unofficial_(fixed_preload).tar <-- a unofficial build modified for I9506 by xenix96 from @Phil3759 - Philz Touch CWM -- github: philz_touch_cwm6

2. CWM_6.0.4.6_Non-Touch_GT-I9506.tar <-- a unofficial CWM build from @dridri85 -- github: dridri / android_device_samsung_ks01lte

Happy debloating guys :)

another one :) ^^^^^^
    ^^ last one ................
    Is it possible to root without flashing CWM?

Yes, flash a pre-rooted stock rom with Odin.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

Strange question, but what is e330s compared to 9506? Don't understand.

Not a strange question at all. They are very similar devices. In fact, it shouldn't be too dificult to 'port' a GT-I9506 rom to the SHV-E330S/K. I had a 4.2.2 I9506 rom running on my E330S a few weeks ago.