Apple iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

xosag

Jun 30, 2007
Philadelphia
It's because XDA-dev is an HTC device forum, so most subforums are for HTC devices. You'll note there also aren't forums for Samsung and LG devices.

Raptor-21

Jan 5, 2010
Aberdeen, Scotland
Haha, I can't beleive I just read through 33 pages of this dating back to more than 2 years ago. But I found it quite funny reading peoples initial reactions about the iPhone after it's announcement. Reading a few people saying how this is going to be a failure due to no third party apps, and others talking about how wm has tons of apps and the iphone doesn't, then thinking about about were it's at today makes me lol.

Anyway, to state the obvious, it wouldn't be where it is today if it wasn't for it's apps. I'm also not a massive fan of the iPhone, I prefer the iPod touch + Android phone combo.

annia

Feb 12, 2010
iPhone has the ability to mold itself and get customized according to the need of user. Different uses demands different specifications and style in the phone. The apps style and phone internal appearance can be changed now with many ways as described in this discussion but to change the outer look of the phone, user need to use iphone accessories to make their phone look even better and suite their personality.

muller2030

Jul 30, 2010
The skins here are really beautiful. But can i get the matching wallpaper too, if yes then from where? I really wanna change the outlook of my iphone. Please do suggest me.

iphone 4g skins

X2D

Jan 1, 2009
In all honesty it would be cool to be able to come back to XDA if there was an iPhone subforum but given the debate in the past I highly doubt it's going to happen.

I truely do miss XDA though :(

I jumped on the iPhone 4 train and haven't looked back since.

jaleelajmal

Jan 25, 2006
Dubai
This thread is important page in history

this is great thread and should be kept as history

I have HTC hero and iPhone 4
in real life android still sucks needs to be polished (no offense to android fans)

iPhone is reliable companion in day to day life

rest is just a hype

Last edited:

wenstinator

Dec 27, 2007
After several years as a WinMo and XDA junkie, I made the switch to an iPhone 4 after my beloved HD2 screen digitizer broke. It was a big step as I hate Apple's closed environment, but I was attracted by the jailbreaking community.

While I miss religiously following ROM updates and Android and other developments, I have been impressed with the iPhone as a device and with its overall experience (yes, the apps really do make a difference).

One thing that bothers me about the iPhone is how relatively small and fragmented its hacking community is. There does not seem to be a central location similar to XDA for WinMo and now Android.

I firmly believe that XDA has the best collection of developers in the world, and frankly, given the size of the iPhone base worldwide, I'm surprised there isn't greater interest in breaking open this powerful device among the community.

(oops, just saw the thread announcing the launch of iphone-developers.com, looks like it is already in the works)

Last edited:

hungry81

Apr 23, 2009
After several years as a WinMo and XDA junkie, I made the switch to an iPhone 4 after my beloved HD2 screen digitizer broke. It was a big step as I hate Apple's closed environment, but I was attracted by the jailbreaking community.

While I miss religiously following ROM updates and Android and other developments, I have been impressed with the iPhone as a device and with its overall experience (yes, the apps really do make a difference).

One thing that bothers me about the iPhone is how relatively small and fragmented its hacking community is. There does not seem to be a central location similar to XDA for WinMo and now Android.

I firmly believe that XDA has the best collection of developers in the world, and frankly, given the size of the iPhone base worldwide, I'm surprised there isn't greater interest in breaking open this powerful device among the community.

(oops, just saw the thread announcing the launch of iphone-developers.com, looks like it is already in the works)

Enjoy your downgrade.

hungry81

Apr 23, 2009
I bet most the people the hate iPhone they probably never used one or had it jalbreak.
Root and jailbreak seem to be the same damn thing for the phones.
I love android and ios. I switch always from htc hd2 and iphone 4 cause i get bored with both

You loose the bet. My sister has an iphone 4 my girlfriend has a galaxy S. Iphones connectivity options are unnecessarily LIMITED. Why is that so hard to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.