Votes: 172 5.8%

• Total voters
Search This thread

PJ6363

Feb 14, 2007
Perth
L26 v3 ROM, Radio 1.65.20.29

Hello all,
Firstly, this is a great thread...Radios are what this device is all about: phone reception, roaming, GPS locks....should be made sticky and presered!!

Would love to know if there is a utility that we could use as a standard measure for the Radios, then benchmarking and comparisons would be easier.

FYI, My Radio is 1.65.20.29 and I am findng that Reception in North-East Scotland is excellent (5 bars) 5/5, however it takes a "while" to get a GPS fix (tomtom) 3/5. Rarely if ever get 3G from BT in central Aberdeen.....

Please keep this thread alive...and big thanks to the the initiators!!

dani31

Dec 18, 2007
hard reset after rom update?

But is a hard reset also recomanded after flashing a new radio?

10x

Last edited:

joda77

Oct 31, 2007
Live in the Netherlands and use T-mobile. Had some problems with GPS fix which took lots of minutes to get something of a signal using the latest Dutty WM6.1 rom/radio.

Tested the 1.65.16.25 radio but had no signal on GPS.

Now trying Radio 1.64.08.21...

Tried TOMTOM and see lots of signals. Wow. Haven't seen this for a while. Still not very fast, took about a minute for a fix.

Field testing from now... :D
Been using GPS today, quite good reception. Some area's with a bit low perceptiob but no loss of signal.

Sadly the Radio 1.64.08.21 gives me lot's of battery usage, much more than with Dutty's original rom (don't know the radio version ) :mad:

So, I will change it soon to another one....

theclear

Dec 10, 2006
Fryslan
Been using GPS today, quite good reception. Some area's with a bit low perceptiob but no loss of signal.

Sadly the Radio 1.64.08.21 gives me lot's of battery usage, much more than with Dutty's original rom (don't know the radio version ) :mad:

So, I will change it soon to another one....

Hi, i also live in nederland and im using 1.65.16.25 and i have no problems with gps , and im loving the reception , perfomance of this in combination with Igo 8 and Duttys hybrid V2

P1Tater

Retired Senior Moderator
Nov 28, 2007
In UR Head
So far what is the best radio for AT&T Tilt, I live in Southeast and am running Death v3.5.

If you are truly in atlanta, you are real close to my area. Actually, about 3 hrs away. I'd try 20.29 radio. Personally I dont like any of the 1.65 radios, but that one worked best for me on the east coast when I was using 1.65 radios.

gasman858

Dec 8, 2007
Del Mar
I echo ATW/P1Tater/et.al. sentiments - I'm in San Diego -all the 1.65.x.x radios eat battery faster than Spurs lost to Lakers...
I really wanted to try the highly touted 1.58.16.27 but couldn't get 3G/H to work with :[May 19] L26_3.53.502.0_(AT&T_Source)_wm6.1_pro_v1 despite multiple tweaks & reloads.
The best radio I have used as far as signal & batt life was the now vintage1.27.14.09 with any of the appropriate ROMS.

ceevee369

Jan 30, 2007
Residing in Manila
Radios tested on Death V3.5

1.65.20.29 is still the best and reccomended for Asia (Oceania (whk?)

+ Battery life
+ GPS (first fix ,cold and warm start)
+ # of bars on 3G reception

- None.

PS. All Death V1, v2, V3, V3.5 are compliant with this Radio.

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
A new sort of "Radio from Hell" emerged for the Diamond. See here. It combats rom updating by preventing us from running a SSPL.

A clear advice to all is: always make sure you have HardSPL installed and your device is security unlocked before installing a new radio !!

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
Hopefully this will get seen in this thread...I didn't want to start a new thread.

Basically, as many of you may be aware I had been doing alot of testing with various SPLs. During this time I had my back cover removed so that I could take out my battery easily if need be.

It seems that since this time my phone's reception has been very poor. Usually at home I get 1 or 2 bars showing up and crackly reception in many of my rooms.

Since this time it seems that I have had 0 bars and often my calls won't connect if if an incoming call comes in it will be disconnected.

I have tried both the latest official ATT 19213 build and radio, and the latest official HTC ROM and radio and seem to get the same results.

I don't know that all this SPL flashing could have done it...I really doubt that, but I wonder if I could have touched something on the back with the cover removed that messed up my antenna?

I think I might try to flash the original shipped ROM and radio. This could all be just false observation, but I really feel that since this time my radio performance is very very poor.

Also, what is strange is that when I have 0 bars and I ask MSVC "What is my signal strength" is said "30%" and as soon as it said 30% it jumped to having 2 bars... is it somehow not refreshing it's signal status on the today screen?

any words of wisdom appreciated.

thx.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
any words of wisdom appreciated.

thx.

I would flash back to the WM6 Officially released ROM from AT&T w/ the 1.27.14.09 radio. See if you still have the same problem.

If that seems to give you better results I would then try using a ROM that works with 1.64.xx.xx and 1.58.xx.xx radios. I know myself and other AT&T users have had much better success with the 1.64.xx.xx and 1.58.xx.xx radio's, especially the NIKI 1.58.16.27 radio.

A new sort of "Radio from Hell" emerged for the Diamond. See here. It combats rom updating by preventing us from running a SSPL.

A clear advice to all is: always make sure you have HardSPL installed and your device is security unlocked before installing a new radio !!

Thanks for the heads up Jocky.

I will add this to the 1st post.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
I would flash back to the WM6 Officially released ROM from AT&T w/ the 1.27.14.09 radio. See if you still have the same problem.

If that seems to give you better results I would then try using a ROM that works with 1.64.xx.xx and 1.58.xx.xx radios. I know myself and other AT&T users have had much better success with the 1.64.xx.xx and 1.58.xx.xx radio's, especially the NIKI 1.58.16.27 radio.

Thanks for the heads up Jocky.

I will add this to the 1st post.

Thanks, I'll try those ideas. I have been flashing the phone so much that I haven't really gotten to fully test any one radio. My test after flashing a ROM (with radio or not) was generally just to look at my bars while sitting here on my couch. Like I said my reception in my place isn't that good...but I generally would get 2 -3 bars. Now it seems I'm not getting any and having more calls cut out then usual.

I'm still interested if I could have damaged anything with the back cover off. I would have blamed it on the motorcycle crash, except I was seeing this behavior for a day and a half before that.

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Thanks, I'll try those ideas. I have been flashing the phone so much that I haven't really gotten to fully test any one radio. My test after flashing a ROM (with radio or not) was generally just to look at my bars while sitting here on my couch. Like I said my reception in my place isn't that good...but I generally would get 2 -3 bars. Now it seems I'm not getting any and having more calls cut out then usual.

I'm still interested if I could have damaged anything with the back cover off. I would have blamed it on the motorcycle crash, except I was seeing this behavior for a day and a half before that.

I was wondering your wreck had something to do with your phone not performing to it's optimum. I am truly sorry to hear about your crash and I wish you a speedy recovery. Worse comes to worse if your device is still under warranty. Plug that bad boy into your pc. Fire up mtty and enter task 2a and get a replacement phone, that is of course if you are still under your 1 year warranty from AT&T. That's what I would do. :) AT&T is pretty fast about getting you a replacement phone too. I ordered a replacement phone on a Thursday afternoon and it was at my house Friday morning.

Last edited:

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
I was wondering your wreck had something to do with your phone not performing to it's optimum. I am truly sorry to hear about your crash and I wish you a speedy recovery. Worse comes to worse if your device is still under warranty. Plug that bad boy into your pc. Fire up mtty and enter task 2a and get a replacement phone, that is of course if you are still under your 1 year warranty from AT&T. That's what I would do. :) AT&T is pretty fast about getting you a replacement phone too. I ordered a replacement phone on a Thursday afternoon and it was at my house Friday morning.

Yeah...no the issue was before the accident. I haven't used mtty yet, what does task 2a do for me? The only thing I was worried about (since I know how to revert ROM and SPL) was that I heard that you can't security re-lock your phone? Do you know if that's the case?

I probably will get a replacement from AT&T, just worried about getting a refurb that's worse than what I have.

I'll test it out over the next week and decide what I want to do.

I actually have a spare one still in the box due to some shipping mixups that I tried to resolve with the vendor multiple times. I'm not opening it yet because they still might want it back. But in a month or two I am going to claim it as my spare.

bengalih

Aug 16, 2007
Chicago, IL
It makes a nice shiny brick for warranty return.:D

Ahhh. Good to know. I assume there is a way to recover from it? If you could link me to the best post about how to use mtty that would be great.

I think however that AT&T will probably just take the phone back if I tell them I am having reception issues that weren't present a week ago.

In good conscious I really don't think that SPL flashing should permanently effect my signal. Nor do I think I should be able to damage my antenna simply by taking my back cover off for a few hours. Therefore I truly think that if something is wrong it is not related to these things, so I don't have a problem just reporting the facts.

If they are incooperative however, I guess 2a it is :)

thx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    READ THIS FIRST

• You need to make sure that the ROM you are using uses the correct radio. Certain ROM's require certain radios. Be sure to check the ROM thread concerning which radio will work with that particular ROM. Almost always, the Chef will post which Radios will work for their ROM(s).
    • The best thing for you to do is read the thread and make sure you have the correct radio.
    • [SIZE=+1]I would also ensure that you have the correct SPL in regards to the build of the ROM[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=+1]Flashing a Radio is exactly like flashing a ROM. Ensure you have a *.nbh file and KaiserRuu.exe file. Also ensure that you battery is over 50%. Never flashing anything if your battery is below 50%. See below for instructions on how to flash via MicroSD.
      [/SIZE]
    Please check here to see which SPL will work best for the ROM / Radio of your choice. Having the correct SPL can also significantly improve performance and battery life.

[SIZE=+1]Note: Not having the correct radio will cause your phone [/SIZE]

• Camera not to work
    • to have a black screen
    • to have no sound or intermittent sound
    Here is a great location to see which ROMs work with which radios and where they came from.

[SIZE=+2]I highly suggest and I can't stress this enough, that you try out each radio and see which one(s) work best for you[/SIZE]

Update from Jockyw2001....

[SIZE=+2]Flashing Radio from microSD[/SIZE]

Hi all,

I always find flashing with a card is a lot faster than using a software because I can do this anytime with just one little card. I didn't find this in wiki so might as well just make one. tested by myself.

***IMPORTANT***
    Please make sure you have HardSPL on your device. And also make sure you have more than 50% of battery left or you can plug in a charger just to make sure there is no power failure. I am not sure if SIM unlocked is necessary prior to performing these steps, so hopefully someone (maybe pof) can help me with this. DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.

1. Get a 128MB MicroSD card (or whatever size you like) and format it (***please make sure you format it, but not just delete all contents on it) NOTE : Make sure you format it FAT32

2. find the Radio image you would like to use, normally named RUU_Signed.nbh, and rename it to "KAISIMG.nbh"

3. Plug the card into the phone, then enter boot loader mode by pressing down the Power and Camera buttons simultaneously, and using the stylus at the same time to press the RESET button at the left side. Continue pressing the two buttons for a few seconds after pressing and releasing the reset button until the bootloader screen appears. (taken from Wiki)

4. You will first see a tri-color screen then the information on the card. Press power button to start flashing.

5. After all these are done, press the reset button located at the bottom of the phone to reset the device.

DISCLAIMER

I take no responsibility for any conflict, fault, or damage caused by this flashing procedure. No warranties of any kind are given.
    i need help i tried to find the download link of radio above then this series 1.70.X.X
    if anyone having this link then plz share it...........

you get it at http://www.4shared.com/file/68430807/e83c3948/KAIS_Radio_Only_1701909.html
    [SIZE=+1]Windows Mobile 6.1 Radios[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+3]POLARIS[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+3]NEON & [/SIZE][SIZE=+3]NIKI[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=+3]KAISER [/SIZE]

The newest AT&T WM6.1 ROM's and HTC WM6.1 ROM's(5.2.19202, 5.2.1209, 5.2.19212, & 5.2.19213) require the 1.65.XX.XX radio. The New Official HTC ROM also uses 1.65.XX.XX radios. Any of the 1.65.XX.XX radio's will work Update: The NEON / NIKI radio listed below will also work on these ROMs

[SIZE=+1]POLARIS Radio[/SIZE] This Radio was ripped from a Polaris Radio.

Rapidshare - 1.59.44.02

Rapidshare - 1.59.42.15

4Shared - 1.59.42.15

Rapidshare - 1.65.30.09

[SIZE=+1]NEON /NIKI[/SIZE] These Radio were ripped from NEON / NIKI ROMs.

1.58.25.17 - http://www.4shared.com/file/50468489/7e738938/NEON_Radio_Only_1582517_CustomRUU.html4Shared Megaupload RapidShare

http://www.4shared.com/file/54727469/3fc8449d/KAIS_Radio_Only_1652436_CustomRUU.html[/URL 1.65.24.36 - 4Shared Megaupload Rapidshare Sendspace Adrive

1.65.28.25 - Rapidshare

1.65.29.25- Rapidshare

http://www.4shared.com/file/66245374/31b9a5b6/NIKI_1652922.html1.65.29.22 - 4Shared

[SIZE=+1]KAISER Radios[/SIZE] These Radios were ripped from Kaiser WM6.1 ROMs.

1.65.20.29 / Rapidshare

1.65.17.54 - Rapidshare

1.65.21.14 - Rapidshare

1.65.21.18 - Rapidshare - 4Shared

1.70.18.02 - Rapidshare - 4Shared

1.70.19.09 - Rapidshare - 4Shared

1.71.09.01 - 4shared - Sendspace - Megaupload - Zshare - Rapidshare
    Maybe, why don't you try when being connected to move around in different areas, let say by car? This is a practical way to test the network effectiveness.:) And if indeed you aren't able to "catch" HSDPA, then the problem might be the phone radio reception.
    My TyTN2 runs "Garmin.DK.4 WM 6.1 Premium -Manilla 2d- (OS 19971.1.4.0)" and the radio is 1,70.19.09 from the origianal last HTC ROM 3.34.721.2.
    Until now I didn't have any problems so far. I'm even very content.
    Wish you good luck and ... be patient if you have to flash with new Rom amd/or radio version.

It's a good idea!

PS
    Which hard spl are you using ?
    Tilt with no sound

realengr, I had the problem a few days ago with very low sound and no obvious setting that caused it.

Radio 1.70.19.09, WM6.5 ROM

A soft reset got it back to normal.

Then yesterday I got the no SIM error. Checked with other SIM and other phone and it was a phone problem. the slip of paper on top of the SIM trick did not help. Just to warn you that it might be a warning of worse things to come.

I have just realised that I also had the missed calls problem on 3G intermittently for a while.

So I am now borrowing my flatmate's Tytn, but will let you know if I find out what caused the problem.