Detect which audio output is selected?

Search This thread

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
Is there a way detect which audio output is selected (i.e. speaker or bt headphones)? I'm trying make audio notification through speaker ONLY when bt headphones are connected and audio is routed to it.
I found a partial solution here it works well, until audio output is selected for speker, while bt headphones still connected: I get double notification
Any tips?

Thank you.

Using Samsung S10+ with Android 9

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
Unless an app broadcasts the information of what stream it's using, it's not something Tasker will be able to identify, certainly not before the notification has already fired.

The idea of the profile you linked is that notifications that would sound over BT only because the headset is connected, are given an additional notification over the speaker.

I'm guessing that you have an app selected in the notification listener plugin that (also) sends it's notification through a different stream that plays on the speaker, even though the BT is connected.

If that's the problem, just deselect that app from the notification listener context.

If it's more complex than that, please provide specifics and we'll see if that's a solution.

V@no

Sep 24, 2007
It's somewhat system setting (SmartThings is built-in app?)
20191029_002755.jpg

ktmom

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 22, 2015
Deep Space Station K7
It's somewhat system setting (SmartThings is built-in app?)

I'm not a Samsung person, but a little searching teaches me that SmartThings is Samsung's home automation offering. Maybe there is a suitable plugin or something out there that will help you. An older post in the Samsung community forums, but a Tasker plugin was being discussed.