FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,990

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 12:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st December 2011, 05:51 PM |#1001  
OP Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt?

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdster

Hi chainfire would it be possible to have an option to flip the screen, as when I'm shooting macro shoots on a tripod sometimes my camera is upside down to get as low as possible, this would help a quite a few places who shoot low and shoot this way..... thanks

Not sure if I'm going to do anything with that tbh.

Alternatively you can turn off autorotation on your Android device, and hold your tablet/phone upside down.

21st December 2011, 08:35 PM |#1002  
Bavaria
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

Regarding free apps, I forget the name, but I used to have one on my phone. Either way, DSLR Controller will be offering to modify this value for you itself, probably next update. So no more external tools needed.

Now that sounds great. Actually, if you have the possibility, you should just modify these limits to your needs right within DSLR Controller. Most users won't even understand, if you start asking them about a 'mem-per-app' value or such. The question is, whether it can be done without reboot. I'll wait for the next update and now it's Christmas anyway ... time to get last presents instead of app testing .

Happy Christmas everyone.
21st December 2011, 09:03 PM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
new here
In a moment of fortune I stumbled on this dslr-app. And after that I tried to find more information on it. I found over 100 pages here. As being a newbie my proposal is that messages concerning older releases should be removed as far as the questions are solved. That should make it far easier to understand.

So... that was the worst start sentence I could think off

For your information: using an Eeepad transformer 101 from Asus, android 3.2, Asus USB extender, standard cable, Canon 7D dslr. Memory message High 256. And everything, as far as implemented seems to work.

In dutch to Chainfire: KLASSE

Would it be that I should find a flaw I will mention it here. If something has to be tested... mention it.
21st December 2011, 10:29 PM |#1004  
Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Chainfire.

Any chance of a possible gesture or double tap to "re-center" the focus position to dead center?! Im having a bitch of a time getting it manually to dead center

Also not sure if theres a way yet to select manual focusing positions. Im aware of doing it in live mode, but cant do manual selection points ....

Either way, still running nice. Got my heap up to 128mb and its running nice and smooth!
22nd December 2011, 06:00 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Red face Xoom, ICS, DSLRC, Root and Eos-Wingray
Just installed Eos-Wingray ROM on my Xoom WiFy.

DSLRC work perfect.

HoooWINGRAY!!!!!
22nd December 2011, 11:53 AM |#1006  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemini8026

Any chance of a possible gesture or double tap to "re-center" the focus position to dead center?! Im having a bitch of a time getting it manually to dead center

Also not sure if theres a way yet to select manual focusing positions. Im aware of doing it in live mode, but cant do manual selection points ....

Re-center: this may be added soon

Focus position: unfortunately it is impossible to know by the camera what position the lens is in. I've spent many days trying to read data to circumvent this, but it simply isn't possible to do ad-hoc in a reliable way. There may still be solutions for focus pulling but they will be limited.
22nd December 2011, 12:04 PM |#1007  

Donate to Me
More
Great news everyone, the new update (probably named v0.83) is coming along nicely, and I still hope to release it before x-mas

Among other things, it now supports histograms, basic exif data and exposure blinking in image review (also exposure filter in liveview), and brings the HDR/M mode (up to +-8 EV depending on current shutter speed).

Looking ahead to timelapse and bramping, I think I've finally gotten the camera to switch into (and stay in) DoF mode. I will probably need some private testers for that in the future - and I will ask when I do. If the DoF mode is fully operational and truely locks the aperture this would probably be very handy.

The question to you timelapsers is, how could I best test this ? If I go into DoF mode, I can still capture, and I'm back in DoF mode - but it is unclear if the camera "resets" to DoF mode, or "stays" in DoF mode the entire time.

I'm looking for a method that would quickly give/show me aperture flicker if DoF isn't working
22nd December 2011, 02:48 PM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
That would be a great x-mas gift to us. ;)

I am not in bramping however I have looked at the behaviour of the diagram when I take a picture under the following condition: exposure manual, live view on, no computer or phone connected, quick focus not selected, DoF button pressed.

On taking the picture and looking in the lens the aperture stay in the set position and then opens fully and because the DoF button is still being pressed, the aperture closes to the set position.

For checking for not good working DoF you can look at the histogram of the stills. The light and objects in a sequence have to be the same.
22nd December 2011, 03:23 PM |#1009  

Donate to Me
More
Doh, instead of looking at data I get from the camera, I could of course just look at the dang lens. Facepalm!

It looks like you are correct, it does open and close.

Oh well, at least I can add a button people want, and it helps with timelapse to make the dof-lens-turn action easier...

In other news, I'm thinking about rolling the WB and K buttons into one, to save space, as they're mutually exclusive anyway. The WB button would then let you select all the options (except K) and have all the temperatures listed.

Objections ?
22nd December 2011, 05:18 PM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Small suggestion, could you make buttons to move focus bigger for tablet version. They are pretty small to manipulate.

Thanks

Canon 5D Mark II and Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus
22nd December 2011, 06:19 PM |#1011  
Saskatoon
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Focus buttons are a good size on my phone (not a tablet guy) and I support moving the two buttons together, making more real estate for future goodies!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)