FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,218 posts
Thanks Meter: 86,199

By Chainfire, Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 01:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
4th August 2011, 06:37 PM |#11  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Some really nice updates in the beta! I have seen greater stability and manual mode is working much better!

For the first time, I have access to the AF button and can focus using those. That is a big step forward. I had it stop responding once, but after restarting, it worked great.

Question, not sure if this is a current limitation or if i am not doing something right. When I choose to magnify the image, it zooms in the rectangle box. Is there a way to move that box around the screen, like on the liveview of my camera when zooming?

4th August 2011, 06:53 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
didn't work
Hello,

I have Canon EOS D1000 and Notion Ink Adam running AdamComb 0.3 custom Honeycomb ROM. Software said that USB host mode not supported on my device, although it should be . Too bad, because I was very exited about this software Maybe my camera and device could be added to next update? And if I can be any help, I would be glad to do so.
4th August 2011, 07:07 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I realy hope you make it work with nikon cameras, I have a nikon d60 so i would not get livewiev. but just to be able to remote triger would be nice plus reviewing the taken photo on the fly. right now the built in gallery in android works, it reconises the camera and shows me the pictures on it. But if i take a new shoot i have to exit out of the gallery to get it to show me the new photo.
4th August 2011, 10:54 PM |#14  

More
Hello,

Got 10" Acer Iconia A500 tablet, Canon 50D. Could I connect my camera to an ordinary USB port this device has, and use your software?
4th August 2011, 11:51 PM |#15  
Flag Ladybank
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Looks great, just what I have been looking for and I'll happily pay for it and test out on the Canon 450d but I can't find it on the market.

Edit: Ignore that I found it! Will test it out as soon as my USB Host cable arrives and report back.
5th August 2011, 12:35 AM |#16  
Flag Cali
Thanks Meter: 21

More
super cool you guys made techcrunch http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Techc...3/GOsO-gx0eK0/
The Following User Says Thank You to Keland44 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Keland44 Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 12:48 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 116

More
You continue to be one of my mobile developer heros!
The Following User Says Thank You to rainabba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rainabba Ad-Free
5th August 2011, 01:10 AM |#18  
Flag Denver, CO
Thanks Meter: 224

More
Amazing!

I would love to have this, but I don't have a capable phone. Hopefully CM can gain the support and the Evo 3D can gain CM . I assume this will work on any EOS? If it works on the 550D I don't see why it wouldn't work on the 600D...

Saw it here...

http://cheesycam.com/control-dslr-with-usb-android/
5th August 2011, 01:45 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 146

Donate to Me
More
this is great! Found it on Android Police I believe.

Is there a reason this beta is a paid app?

Also, do you think its possible to do something like this on a Nikon? I'm not asking you to do it (I mean,unless you wanted to), but just wondering if there's hope... my D80 may be too old for it anyway, but it'd be awesome either way.

Great work, congrats on this getting out to the public so quickly!
5th August 2011, 01:52 AM |#20  

More
Is this only for cameras that support live view
I may be wrong but from the list of cameras supported so far, they are all new EOS models that have the live view feature. I suspect the application may not work with older EOS models. Has anyone got it to work with a 1D Mark2N?
5th August 2011, 02:26 AM |#21  

More
Bracketing for hdr
Awesome news!

I'de pay dearly to get 8+ bracketed shot on my 7d! Do you have more information on how your bracketing works?

I have almost 1000 photographers following me on g+ and i would like to report some HDR and long exposure controls.

Also, you should team up with HDR camera plus app and do the HDR merge on the android phone!

Dan
Canon 7d and a lg g2x gingerbread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)