FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[2017.08.02] DSLR Controller v1.05

11,217 posts
Thanks Meter: 85,996

By Chainfire, XDA Ad-Free Senior Moderator / Senior Recognized Developer - Where is my shirt? on 4th August 2011, 12:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th September 2017, 09:50 AM |#4011  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
DSLR Controller Freezing for no apparent reason
Hi,

I'm using 1.06 on a Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 with a Canon 5D3. Last time I used the combination no trouble. This time all seems well when I flick the switch on the back of the camera to video for anywhere from 10- 30 seconds when there's a clunk as the shutter does something in the camera, the live display freezes and DSLR controller becomes unresponsive. A message appears on the camera screen which has a yellow lozenge with an exclamation mark in it over the text Press START STOP button to activate movie shooting.

It does it randomly when recording too.

I have no idea what's going on. Flicking the switch back to the upright still shooting position releases the shutter and the Android screen becomes responsive again. Flicking it back to the movie shooting position all appears well until it does itfreezes again shortly afterwards. It can take anything from 10 seconds to a minute or two. It's most frustrating.

Any ideas? I don't think I've changed anything since last I used it, though of course the phone could easily have updated the DSLR Controller app in the meantime, it tends to be sneaky like that.

30th September 2017, 12:28 PM |#4012  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
RE-Load
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Photo

Hi,

I'm using 1.06 on a Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 with a Canon 5D3. Last time I used the combination no trouble. This time all seems well when I flick the switch on the back of the camera to video for anywhere from 10- 30 seconds when there's a clunk as the shutter does something in the camera, the live display freezes and DSLR controller becomes unresponsive. A message appears on the camera screen which has a yellow lozenge with an exclamation mark in it over the text Press START STOP button to activate movie shooting.

It does it randomly when recording too.

I have no idea what's going on. Flicking the switch back to the upright still shooting position releases the shutter and the Android screen becomes responsive again. Flicking it back to the movie shooting position all appears well until it does itfreezes again shortly afterwards. It can take anything from 10 seconds to a minute or two. It's most frustrating.

Any ideas? I don't think I've changed anything since last I used it, though of course the phone could easily have updated the DSLR Controller app in the meantime, it tends to be sneaky like that.

Hi, after the last update I had problems with DSLC so advised admin and he put up a fresh install. You may wish to re-install DSLRC from scratch as it worked for me on a 6D. Russ
30th September 2017, 03:36 PM |#4013  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by russellsnr

Hi, after the last update I had problems with DSLC so advised admin and he put up a fresh install. You may wish to re-install DSLRC from scratch as it worked for me on a 6D. Russ

Cheers. I did that and it was still giving problems. Then I noticed that it was doing it without DSLRC! What fooled me was a change of lens. No trouble with the 24-70 but the 100-400 appears to be the source of the trouble. Updated to the latest firmware and so far all is looking well. You just spend your life keeping up with firmware & software changes, each one bringing new solutions to old problems and seemingly new problems to solve later. Thanks for your help, will have done no harm to do a fresh install.
3rd October 2017, 06:02 PM |#4014  

More
EOS 750D not found
Hi,
I've bought a new EOS 750D and tried to connect to DSLR controller first over build-in Wifi, then Wifi with Nexx WT3020 and at last over USB. In every case DSLR controller could not find a compatible camera. With my old EOS 550D it's working!

On the other hand my EOS 750D is working with the App "Camera Connect" from Canon.

Maybe it is a issue of the camera firmware? But my camera has firmware version 1.0.0
Any idea?
7th October 2017, 04:31 PM |#4015  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skysurfer14

Hi,
I've bought a new EOS 750D and tried to connect to DSLR controller first over build-in Wifi, then Wifi with Nexx WT3020 and at last over USB. In every case DSLR controller could not find a compatible camera. With my old EOS 550D it's working!

On the other hand my EOS 750D is working with the App "Camera Connect" from Canon.

Maybe it is a issue of the camera firmware? But my camera has firmware version 1.0.0
Any idea?

I found out, what the problem was: In the settings menu of the camera, disabling Wi-Fi/NFC does the trick. With Wi-Fi/NFC disabled, DSLR controller is working by USB and Nexx WT3020.
11th October 2017, 09:45 AM |#4016  

More
Can not connect from my 5D Mark III to my Tablet Samsung Lite 3
I have a new Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, but i can not get it to work with the app dslr controller. Can anyone help ? ... i am using a micro to female usb plug and the original usb cable from the camera. There is no reaction at all with the tablet when attaching at all. Also tried to power on and off, but no reaction.
Hope you can help
Thank you

Klaus Willis Andresen
Denmark
15th October 2017, 08:38 AM |#4017  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Change Cable
Quote:
Originally Posted by ka64

I have a new Canon EOS 5D Mark III and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite, but i can not get it to work with the app dslr controller. Can anyone help ? ... i am using a micro to female usb plug and the original usb cable from the camera. There is no reaction at all with the tablet when attaching at all. Also tried to power on and off, but no reaction.
Hope you can help
Thank you

Klaus Willis Andresen
Denmark

Hi, I do not have a 5D lll or a Galaxy Tablet Tab but I would suggest to change the cable that came with the camera, I have a 6D and a 70D and neither would work with that cable, I think it's a quality issue with them as they are made as cheap as can be to package with the cameras., note you are also using two cables and that is another break in the connection if one cable is faulty. Don't no about the 5D lll but if it has wireless give that a try and if you have another option for viewing, Nexus Tablet or the like try that as I don't see your SGT in the list of working tablets/phones http://dslrcontroller.com/devices.php but I don't no anything about these phones/tablets. Russ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)