FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,870

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2013, 08:46 PM |#1001  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Not mandatory, but highly recommended if you want it problem free.

OK, thanks. Because something causing infinite boot after downgrading and I don't want to do a full wipe.

14th December 2013, 09:56 PM |#1002  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerka

OK, thanks. Because something causing infinite boot after downgrading and I don't want to do a full wipe.

Did you wipe dalvik cache? You should.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leapinlar Ad-Free
14th December 2013, 10:37 PM |#1003  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Did you wipe dalvik cache? You should.

I wipe cache, then dalvik cache, then flash 10.1.3, then gapps 20130812. Reboot and infinite loading.
Thanks for your help, it seems I stuck on 10.2.
15th December 2013, 10:13 AM |#1004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Not mandatory, but highly recommended if you want it problem free.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

I didn't answer because I don't know what "modded cm-...zip" is. Where would you get it? Who modded it?

ah ok... i meant there is an official cyanogenmod from download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ovation and then there is the version which is in this guide, cm-10.1-2013####-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip.

whats the difference?
15th December 2013, 02:57 PM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I did something dumb yesterday. I downloaded a hummingbird file that didn't agree with my hybrid installation. Instead of installing on the sd card it installed on the Nook HD. So now I assume I have to get the Nook HD back to stock by hooking it to my PC .

What is the easiest way to get it back to stock. Well I have to call B&N to register it if I am successful?
15th December 2013, 10:14 PM |#1006  
OP Recognized Contributor

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander2013

ah ok... i meant there is an official cyanogenmod from download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=ovation and then there is the version which is in this guide, cm-10.1-2013####-UNOFFICIAL-ovation-emmc.zip.

whats the difference?

Those builds were made before the CM10.1 became official starting in August. Since it became official they were not updated anymore. CM did the updates after that, ending when the stable version was released. So they are the same only stable is newer with more updates included. So if you want CM10.1 use the stable.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martytoo

I did something dumb yesterday. I downloaded a hummingbird file that didn't agree with my hybrid installation. Instead of installing on the sd card it installed on the Nook HD. So now I assume I have to get the Nook HD back to stock by hooking it to my PC .

What is the easiest way to get it back to stock. Well I have to call B&N to register it if I am successful?

No. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash my plain stock zip in item 6. Then do a factory reset with CWM and re-boot. Then you can register again just like it was new. No need to call B&N.

15th December 2013, 11:21 PM |#1007  
Retired Forum Moderator
Seattle
Thanks Meter: 1,613

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerka

ok, back to my question: when flashing CM10.1.3 on top of CM10.2? Full wipe is mandatory?

Any time you are flashing a different build (10.1/10.2), it's best to backup and a full wipe. You'd only be asking for trouble
The Following User Says Thank You to kangi26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kangi26 Ad-Free
16th December 2013, 01:26 AM |#1008  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:

Those builds were made before the CM10.1 became official starting in August. Since it became official they were not updated anymore. CM did the updates after that, ending when the stable version was released. So they are the same only stable is newer with more updates included. So if you want CM10.1 use the stable.

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

No. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature and flash my plain stock zip in item 6. Then do a factory reset with CWM and re-boot. Then you can register again just like it was new. No need to call B&N.

Thanks. It worked even without the factoy reset which made things easier. You are doing us a great service.
16th December 2013, 08:25 AM |#1009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
First of all, what a difference Cyanogenmod makes to the Nook! My son has the stock firmware on his and it looks dull and sluggish, but he is nervous about updating it, this is fresh looking and smooth, I have noticed though that Google Earth has locked it up a few times, don't know if others have experienced this, but a reboot sorted it, also when I start the Nook up from sleep mode it takes about a minute or so to connect to the internet,although the wifi signal is there.
The version i have is 10.1.3 stable version.
16th December 2013, 10:59 AM |#1010  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Guys, grab a piece of that awesome 10.2 already, it's been working well for me for over a month now and gives you a completely new feeling of smoothness.
There's no reason to torture yourself with an overly outdated version of Android.

Gesendet von meinem BN NookHD+ mit Tapatalk 4
16th December 2013, 12:40 PM |#1011  
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by D000XXX

Guys, grab a piece of that awesome 10.2 already, it's been working well for me for over a month now and gives you a completely new feeling of smoothness.
There's no reason to torture yourself with an overly outdated version of Android.

Gesendet von meinem BN NookHD+ mit Tapatalk 4

Is this What most people are using now 10.2 if so is there any problems, does wifi work?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)