FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HD/HD+] Dummies Guide for Installing CM 10.1/10.2 (and now CM 11) (Updated 7-13-14)

8,873 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,870

By leapinlar, Recognized Contributor on 27th May 2013, 02:34 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th August 2013, 05:11 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holysmoke99

I upgraded to 10.2 and now when I hold down the n button, I don't see a list of recently used programs to kill.

did that get moved elsewhere or just removed?

I don't think that this actually kills the processes, it just removes them from your recently used list. But it still should be there in 10.2. If it's not showing up you can try pressing the double box icon next to the home screen icon on your quick launch bar.
The Following User Says Thank You to NookE For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NookE Ad-Free

27th August 2013, 05:12 PM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thumbs up Quick note to e.mote
A great thank you to e.mote for your efforts to help noobs like me. I see you are also updating your guide which is great. However I have hard time figuring what parts of the guide are updated. Could you please highlight your updates in some easy fashion. And forgive me if you are already doing it. I just did not see it.
27th August 2013, 06:33 PM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Database Cmw on 2gb SD card
Thanks very much. Stock ROM backed up. 10.2(not10.3!) now installed into NOOK HD+ internally.

Re formatting the SD card to allow the boot files to be copied, for those who don't want to download sdformatter , the following works:

Insert SD card into reader and plug into pc

Open a command prompt in Windows (or search for Diskpart in Win 8, right click to run as administrator) then type

1. Diskpart
2. List Disk
3. Select Disk 1 (Replace 1 with number reflecting your SD Card)
4. clean
5. create partition primary
6. active
7. format fs=fat32 quick
8. assign
9. active

Be sure to select the right disk number, you don't want to accidentally clean out one of your hard drives.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

First, what is CM10.3? I have never heard of it.

You should be able to do one full backup using the 2GB card. But you cannot use verygreen's version of CWM SD as it reduces it to 1GB. Go to my HD/HD+ CWM thread and use my new procedure to put CWM on the 2GB SD. Then you will have the full 2GB available.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2 using XDA Premium

28th August 2013, 12:43 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 894

More
>Could you please highlight your updates in some easy fashion.

The install guide is intended as a read-once doc, ie for first-time installs. It's not something one refers back to, so change tracking isn't needed. As well, most edits are for trivial details, to reflect filename/link changes, and don't merit a tracking entry.

That's not quite true for the build update section, which is in flux, as we're currently in between versions. CM 10.1 development looks to have stopped, except for perhaps the M(onthly) snapshots, and 10.2 is not yet fully baked. Frankly, the backup/restore function with CWM is very barebone, and users should use better tools like Titanium Backup for app-level maintenance, which are out of the scope of the guide. But once 10.2 is "done" and the changeover is made, I'll include a clean install update for 10.1 users that makes use of TiBk.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to e.mote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift e.mote Ad-Free
28th August 2013, 01:29 PM |#505  

More
Installed this yesterday - all went smoothly thanks to the guide.

Many thanks for making it. The HD+ is a great tablet for the money with CM installed. It's also making me want to install CM on my S3!
29th August 2013, 02:00 AM |#506  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Ok...used this method and all seemed well until "Your tablet is ready to use" disappeared. The screen then flickers every second or so.

Used nightly cm 10.1 from 8/13/13, cwm rev2 for hd+, most recent gapps for 10.1. Did wipe. Could it be a bad download?

Anyway,able to go back to stock 2.1.1 with backup with no problem. Still, any advice appreciated!
29th August 2013, 03:06 AM |#507  

More
done this on 3 tablets in 4 days ... bought one for the wife (had a playbook, and now an s3) ... for $150, figured I'd get myself one, just in case (had a galaxy 8.9) ... noticed a bad pixel tonite ... exchanged at bb ... ALMOST got a N7 ... they got an update, but it sounds like they still got a touch issue

this might not have the numbers the N7 does ... but I think they show less on the screen, with higher density ... I'll take the bigger screen ... IMO, 9in is perfect! ... I tried the demo N7 ... seemed purdy nice ... til I tried YouTube ... about 45 seconds into it, it totally flipped out ... it kept givin me a "retry" option ... hit it a few times ... I'll take the nook & $80 in my pocket, thanks!

anyhow, with cm 10, these things rock!

wanted to say thanks to all those involved ... well done!

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using xda app-developers app
29th August 2013, 05:20 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof24

Ok...used this method and all seemed well until "Your tablet is ready to use" disappeared. The screen then flickers every second or so.

Used nightly cm 10.1 from 8/13/13, cwm rev2 for hd+, most recent gapps for 10.1. Did wipe. Could it be a bad download?

Anyway,able to go back to stock 2.1.1 with backup with no problem. Still, any advice appreciated!

Were you plugged in by chance? I've noticed flickering issues on three separate nooks with CM10.1 & 10.2 when they are plugged in and charging.

Sent from my BN NookHD+
29th August 2013, 03:34 PM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NookE

Were you plugged in by chance? I've noticed flickering issues on three separate nooks with CM10.1 & 10.2 when they are plugged in and charging.

Sent from my BN NookHD+

NookE, thanks...I'm 99% certain that I was as my Nook was a little under 50% and I had it plugged in not knowing how long root would take. Will try again later today and see as this is not a difficult device to root.

Is there a rooted stock rom around? Leapinlar, I know has a stock rom one at one of his threads, but was not clear to me if it was stock 2.1.0 or 2.1.0 with root. Doesn't matter, just asking.

To all of you who've made this device so easy to mod, thank you for your time & effort! Having rooted three devices this is by far the easiest!
29th August 2013, 06:37 PM |#510  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,870

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof24

NookE, thanks...I'm 99% certain that I was as my Nook was a little under 50% and I had it plugged in not knowing how long root would take. Will try again later today and see as this is not a difficult device to root.

Is there a rooted stock rom around? Leapinlar, I know has a stock rom one at one of his threads, but was not clear to me if it was stock 2.1.0 or 2.1.0 with root. Doesn't matter, just asking.

To all of you who've made this device so easy to mod, thank you for your time & effort! Having rooted three devices this is by far the easiest!

They are plain stock, not rooted. If you want to root stock see my HD/HD+ CWM thread linked in my signature. But it is best if you do not root it unless you have to since it can contribute to a reset.

Sent from my Nook HD+ running CM10.1 on emmc.
30th August 2013, 07:19 PM |#511  
colorado
Thanks Meter: 15

More
No luck for me here.I downloaded and copied to the sd card all three files including the unzipped image,put card in tablet and turn on and it goes to regular nook screen everytime.and ideas to help me get this working? Any certain way I need the card partitioned or anything Like that
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)