FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Should I update Azrael right away to the newest 3.30 OTA?

Yes, I want the latest and greatest!

362 Vote(s)
90.95%
No, how many ROMS are you going to make up download?

36 Vote(s)
9.05%

[ROM] OmegaEVO v1.1 [[NEW 3.30.651.3 OTA]] [[Froyo 2.2]] Updated 11/15/2010

1,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 271

By ricsim78, Senior Member on 7th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2010, 03:38 PM |#21  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 293

Donate to Me
More
Arrow Here....
In case you get bored, you can use the attached files to create a custom splash screen to go with your ROM. You know, to kinda keep the dark theme going from start to finish.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z EVOSplash.7z - [Click for QR Code] (385.0 KB, 21 views)
8th October 2010, 03:44 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatblaster

In case you get bored, you can use the attached files to create a custom splash screen to go with your ROM. You know, to kinda keep the dark theme going from start to finish.

I will definitely check it out, even with my not so wonderful drawing skills, I made a custom bootanimation but for this ROM but could not get it it work right, I followed all the instructions but it was just a black screen so I abandoned it for now and was planning on throwing it in later if I could get it to work.

I am not happy with the current boot animation, it is nice but too bright and yes, does not follow the theme of the ROM at all. Thanks man. I currently use Calkulin's black background/white lettering Splash but being able to do whatever you want is nice. Thank you very much for this!

The fact we know each other is pretty crazy, have to throw that out there lol.
8th October 2010, 04:09 PM |#23  
Flag Chicagoland
Thanks Meter: 293

Donate to Me
More
haha yeah man. Life's a trip! It's rad how the Internet can cause people to find each other after 10 or 12 years. Trippy! OK, first thing I learned the hard way - Titanium Backup will kick you back to the boot animation when you try to restore anything. This problem can be fixed by opening Titanium Backup then clicking the Problems? button and then clicking the Yes, Do It button.

More feedback to come.

EDIT: I just remembed Vaelek is dealing with this same problem on his ROM too so you might want to check with him to see if he found a solution for it yet. I think he took his project off of XDA but he has a link to his site in the OP of his thread.
8th October 2010, 04:19 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by beatblaster

haha yeah man. Life's a trip! It's rad how the Internet can cause people to find each other after 10 or 12 years. Trippy! OK, first thing I learned the hard way - Titanium Backup will kick you back to the boot animation when you try to restore anything. This problem can be fixed by opening Titanium Backup then clicking the Problems? button and then clicking the Yes, Do It button.

More feedback to come.

EDIT: I just remembed Vaelek is dealing with this same problem on his ROM too so you might want to check with him to see if he found a solution for it yet. I think he took his project off of XDA but he has a link to his site in the OP of his thread.

With Titanium backup, always check for the latest version and let it download Busybox 1.60. Even though the one included with my ROM is (I believe) the latest BusyBox version, it does not work right with TB. Mine does not kick me back to the bootanimation, but TB will just force close on me if I do not go to "Problems?" and get Busybox 1.60.

I was going to ask one of the ROM makers who made their custom animations work if they knew what I was doing wrong. I tried imitating a few (as far as what screen resolution and desc information they used was) and still ran into the black screen problem.

I have an idea of what may be wrong. Does anyone know if a bootanimation has to be in a signed zip? Or can you just package it in a regular zip file and it is good to go?

I will have to ask in Q&A and see what I get. Thanks for your feedback and by all means enjoy the ROM. I think you will appreciate some of the ringtones (since you like MODS and Castlevania).
8th October 2010, 05:27 PM |#25  
Flag Disney World
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I don't know what the difference is, but this ROM works with all the apps that wouldn't install in my other favorites! Google Maps, Google Search, Street View... they all installed first time.

I have no idea how the Market and/or ROM is able to install most of my items after a wipe.... I even have used different Gmail accounts to sign in. I only have to install a few things with these new ROMs. Amazing.
8th October 2010, 06:42 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident

I don't know what the difference is, but this ROM works with all the apps that wouldn't install in my other favorites! Google Maps, Google Search, Street View... they all installed first time.

I have no idea how the Market and/or ROM is able to install most of my items after a wipe.... I even have used different Gmail accounts to sign in. I only have to install a few things with these new ROMs. Amazing.

Very good to hear, I think the reason why some are having trouble is because the ROM makers are signing the apps, this makes them difficult to upgrade/change/remove. Why they do that, I have no idea but it causes the exact problems you speak of.

That is why it is also good to enable data/app functionality. The programs are a lot easier to work with compared to when they are in system/app.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it!
8th October 2010, 06:53 PM |#27  
Flag Disney World
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78

Very good to hear, I think the reason why some are having trouble is because the ROM makers are signing the apps, this makes them difficult to upgrade/change/remove. Why they do that, I have no idea but it causes the exact problems you speak of.

That is why it is also good to enable data/app functionality. The programs are a lot easier to work with compared to when they are in system/app.

Thanks for the feedback and glad you like it!

Are you finding that the #10 KxK kernel is working well for you?
I also wanted you to know that I really liked your choice of apps to install/uninstall.
Only thing I wanted to add so far was a widget that showed battery percentage more accurately. 12.5% increments doesn't do it for me. But I like the look of the icon. It fits in well.
8th October 2010, 07:06 PM |#28  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident

Are you finding that the #10 KxK kernel is working well for you?
I also wanted you to know that I really liked your choice of apps to install/uninstall.
Only thing I wanted to add so far was a widget that showed battery percentage more accurately. 12.5% increments doesn't do it for me. But I like the look of the icon. It fits in well.

KK10 CFS works good for me, my Evo seems to hate BFS kernels for some reason. I am testing Netarchy 4.19 CFS and can confirm it also works good with this ROM (at least on this Evo.) As far as which is better, I cannot tell but they both work well for me. I have not done any speed tests or anything but both are snappy, have similar features, and battery life is good. I think the stock kernel is a bit better actually (as far as battery life and not by much), but then you miss out on other goodies (audio tweaks, multi-touch, etc.)

The problem might be that you need to reset your battery stats, please go to my guide at the bottom of my sig and look there, it is around the bottom. There might be some good information for you there as well, I recommend everyone check it out and feel free to contribute to it as well .

I have found this battery indicator to work properly actually, it shows the same percentage as the software information screen in the Settings. What I like is adding the percentage widget also adds the spinning sync icon at the top, rather than the stationary one.

Sounds to me like you need to recalibrate your battery software and you should be good to go. If you find otherwise, please let me know and I will do some investigating. If it is not working well then I will have to find another battery indicator to cook into the next Azrael. The goal of this ROM is to not only be custom, but to also work 100% with everything.
8th October 2010, 07:27 PM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
I can't wait to get home to try this out. It looks great!!

Question: When you say everything works, that includes 4G right?
8th October 2010, 07:58 PM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDub2174

I can't wait to get home to try this out. It looks great!!

Question: When you say everything works, that includes 4G right?

Thank you, yes 4G works just fine. I have tested this ROM for a week before I released it and everything is functional (worked on it for a month overall, but it has been in close to the same state it is in now for a week.)

Then only thing I cannot test is the HDMI (no cable) but I can assure that it works as well. It is based off a stock ROM, so there should be no problems that are not caused by other things (incomplete wipes, recovery borked, etc.)
8th October 2010, 08:10 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 140

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78

Thank you, yes 4G works just fine. I have tested this ROM for a week before I released it and everything is functional (worked on it for a month overall, but it has been in close to the same state it is in now for a week.)

Then only thing I cannot test is the HDMI (no cable) but I can assure that it works as well. It is based off a stock ROM, so there should be no problems that are not caused by other things (incomplete wipes, recovery borked, etc.)

Awesome!! I'm not really worried about the HDMI cause I never use that.....lol I really like the Reaper wallpaper too.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
azrael, evo, f5 tornado fast rom, jaw dropper, new standard, ricsim78, rom, stupid fast rom, this rom has swag

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)