FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Should I update Azrael right away to the newest 3.30 OTA?

Yes, I want the latest and greatest!

362 Vote(s)
90.95%
No, how many ROMS are you going to make up download?

36 Vote(s)
9.05%

[ROM] OmegaEVO v1.1 [[NEW 3.30.651.3 OTA]] [[Froyo 2.2]] Updated 11/15/2010

1,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 271

By ricsim78, Senior Member on 7th October 2010, 09:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2010, 01:43 AM |#501  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epmacman

Wiped cache and dalvik cache twice but While trying to wipe the SD:ext partition I get a "error: Run 'wipe ext" via adb!,
Im still not familiar with adb and had issues running any of the commands on my mac. Still on the white evo screen after full reset, the zShare link is still dLing, I used the megaupload link btw. I'll try it with the second link , then I do a full wipe if it does not work.

Sounds like you have a corrupted SD card to me.

Make sure you have enough battery power, at least 50% or more. Then try this.

First go to the "partition" menu and choose "Repair:SD ext"

See if that helps the problem. If not, Nandroid backup and then you may want to backup your SD card on your computer, reformat the SD card with default settings, then pick Ext2 to Ext3. Copy all contents of your SD card back from your computer, then do a full wipe and reinstall. If you backed up with Titanium backup, all your data will be stored on your SD card so you won't lose anything.
27th October 2010, 01:48 AM |#502  
Flag MS
Thanks Meter: 104

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78

Sounds like you have a corrupted SD card to me.

Make sure you have enough battery power, at least 50% or more. Then try this.

First go to the "partition" menu and choose "Repair:SD ext"

See if that helps the problem. If not, Nandroid backup and then you may want to backup your SD card on your computer, reformat the SD card with default settings, then pick Ext2 to Ext3. Copy all contents of your SD card back from your computer, then do a full wipe and reinstall. If you backed up with Titanium backup, all your data will be stored on your SD card so you won't lose anything.

he gets that error most likely because he does not have a sd partition, hence the error when trying to wipe it.
27th October 2010, 02:05 AM |#503  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
update: the zShare zip gives me a "E: Can't open /sdcard/Azrael_v2.3_by_by_Ricsim78.zip (bad) Update 2 (Well it looks like zSHARE "completed" the download at 100mb)

also when I try to repair the sd I get a "Error :run "fs repair" via adb!
27th October 2010, 02:10 AM |#504  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyBear

he gets that error most likely because he does not have a sd partition, hence the error when trying to wipe it.

not sure if this helps but if I toggle usb mass storage, disk utility only sees one 7.95gb fat partition(8gb card)
27th October 2010, 02:16 AM |#505  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epmacman

update: the zShare zip gives me a "E: Can't open /sdcard/Azrael_v2.3_by_by_Ricsim78.zip (bad) Update 2 (Well it looks like zSHARE "completed" the download at 100mb)

also when I try to repair the sd I get a "Error :run "fs repair" via adb!

Backup your card and reformat it with recovery on your phone.
27th October 2010, 02:27 AM |#506  
Flag Suffolk County NY
Thanks Meter: 362

More
downloading now, dam I cant keep up with your updates!!

Thats a good thing though..
27th October 2010, 02:36 AM |#507  
Flag cincinnatti
Thanks Meter: 7

More
justa quick observation...i know alot of file sharing sites pay back for how many downloads u get off your stuff, but why doesnt any of the dev's use Dropbox ? its free to sign up, no wait times for downloads, and fast as heck to download stuff...just curious is all...

love this rom and downloading ver. 2.3 now...thanks for all your hard work
27th October 2010, 02:46 AM |#508  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezel29

justa quick observation...i know alot of file sharing sites pay back for how many downloads u get off your stuff, but why doesnt any of the dev's use Dropbox ? its free to sign up, no wait times for downloads, and fast as heck to download stuff...just curious is all...

love this rom and downloading ver. 2.3 now...thanks for all your hard work

I tried Dropbox and it would not let me upload for some reason last night. Going to try it again now.

Glad you like it. I only used the usual download sites because I could not get Dropbox to work. The only money I have received is from the few who have donated. I hate the download sites, unreliable unless you pay them.

Edit: Working now! Uploading.
27th October 2010, 02:48 AM |#509  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricsim78

Backup your card and reformat it with recovery on your phone.

I was getting a little worried, my nandroid backup restored and still hung on the White EVo screen, I wiped all data and then flashed your 2.2 rom and its up and running. Thanks for the help
27th October 2010, 02:58 AM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Two issues:

One thing I noticed is the ringtone that I tried to assign in the ROM is not working, when you load Azrael v2.3 the ringtone is blank. You can easily fix this in sound settings, just choose one of the ringtones. I updated the ROM with this tiny fix, but no need to re-download it as it is quite trivial.

Not sure why it didn't work, my file name is correct in the build.prop file. But once download links are fixed, all future downloads will have the fix included. I will let it be known when you are downloading the updated version with this simple fix. You DO NOT have to download the ROM again though, just go to settings>Sound>Phone ringtone>choose a ringtone from the ones I have included and you are set. Just all future downloads will not have this tiny error. Weird but thankfully nothing that is actually "wrong" with the ROM.

Another thing is I am going to make the main download Dropbox and the rest download sites. I was actually even thinking of putting up my own web server as the main host, but I need to setup my old computer for that. The new downloads will have the audio fix mentioned above fixed.
27th October 2010, 03:21 AM |#511  
OP Senior Member
Flag Chicago Heights, IL

Donate to Me
More
Dropbox link up so far. I will be re-uploading to a couple mirrors and hopefully we can say adios to the download problems!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
azrael, evo, f5 tornado fast rom, jaw dropper, new standard, ricsim78, rom, stupid fast rom, this rom has swag

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)