I have just tested the latest beta, and really appreciated the improvements brought to the interface, and above all, the fact that the shape of files icons and of thumbnails is now homogeneous (no more sometimes round and sometimes square shapes). I just noticed that the font has changed, or maybe it is because the list of folders and files is no longer displayed in bold. I cannot say if it makes the text more readeable or not, I think it is just a matter of time to get used with this new style. The added settings have not yet been translated (I can help for French language) but it is of no importance.
The bugs I reported previously with the detailed display mode (recursive option ignored and folder with only one file wrongly processed) have been fixed, so thanks a lot to @HootanParsa
. Moving the possibility to display more details from the settings menu to the diplay mode menu is far more convenient. I just wonder if displaying "1" as "one" really helps, let us hear other advices.
I also noticed something strange: the app calculates the total number of files/folders and their cumulative size very quickly when using the "more data" option even on a SD card, whereas the operation takes more time when using the "recursive" option (blatant if one presses the refresh button), as if the method used was not the same, or a cache was used in the first case and not the second one.
Regarding the text editor, I also wish to thank the dev for having added the western DOS pagecode, but a regression seems to have occurred with the automatic detection, as text files are always open in UTF-8 mode. I tried with several CP1252 text files created with Windows notepad, which are rightly displayed with Mixplorer Silver, and they all are detected as UTF-8 encoded files with the latest beta Mixplorer, so it is necessary to select CP1252 manually. I checked in the log file, and did not find any relevant infos that could help to understand the issue.
If I could make a suggestion, I think it could be useful to allow the user to overwrite the current file when using the "save as" option, just asking him for a confirmation. The reason is that if you want to create a new text file in CP1252 codepage and Windows line break system in a given folder for example, you now have to create a new text file with a dummy name, then open it in text editor, type the content, select "save as", change the codepage and line break option, enter the right name of the file, save it, and then erase the dummy file. I know that you can also start the text editor from the Android launcher by long pressing the Mixplorer icon, but then you will have to select the right folder when saving, so it is less convenient if you are already in this folder in Mixplorer.
So except for these little things, a great job has been made to make Mixplorer even more pleasant to use.