[ROM][ALPHA][JB]CyanogenMod 10 Alpha 3 [UPDATED 1/13]

Search This thread

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
I switched browsers to Chrome and was able to run all videos on Youtube. I was not successful on CNN or other web pages. This may be a Flash issue not ROM, since Google's Chrome does not use flash, Google's Youtube is designed without it. Other sites are designed for Flash Player therefore dont work. Adobe FP ended support for Android OS on version 111.1.115.81. This may be old equipment and lack newer drivers for newer standards. The bright side is it may get corrected with newer browsers or programming updates to websites as flash is less and less the standard.

My Kindle Fire HD had a similar issue but Dolphin with FP 11.1 fixed it. I tried Dolphin Browser with Adobe FP 111.1.115.81 on my Dx2 but this did not render video :(.

From what Ive read I will have to use CM7 or Eclipse to fix this. There no 4.xx ROM for the X2 that renders web video? I guess Ill have to try another ROM or 2?

Last edited:

CCC0180

Mar 12, 2014
Charlotte
I got a fix for videos on websites

I cant seem to get any web videos to play. Netflex, Youtube, or even just video on any site like CNN wont play.

I got videos to play on CNN and other websites by using Youtube app to run run videos.

1. Download Youtube from the Play Store.
2.Open the browser of your choice and go to a website with videos and play the video.
3. When prompted what app to use play it, choose Youtube.
4. Enjoy your video!

Reactions: Loota
First off sorry if this has been discussed, but I always search before posting and was unable to find anything, I did not however read every single post since there's about 200 pages.

I can't for the life of me get the home button to work other than going to recent apps on a long press. I can use the back button to back out of apps but to go from deep in settings to the home screen I have to hit back until I get there. This happens to any AOSP/CM based rom that I try, MIUI, CM9/10, and AOKP. I'd really like to be able to run CM10 or AOKP JB instead of any stock based or blur based rom, as nice and some of them are like eclipse, Molten, Liberty, even stock debloated. Staying on GB means misssing out on a lot of apps that won't work correctly or not at all on GB.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this I'm all ears. I'm sure I could edit the build prop to the the navigation buttons at the bottom, I forgot the edit needed but I'd have to look it hp. I think it's something like ro.hw.keys=1 or similar. I just see no need in having software keys at the bottom when I have perfectly working hardware keys which I'd prefer to use because mainly I'd hate to lose the little bit of screen real estate

Thanks in advance.. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Again, I'm almost 100% sure it happens when I try MIUI, AOOKPor

Thanks

First off sorry if this has been discussed, but I always search before posting and was unable to find anything, I did not however read every single post since there's about 200 pages.

I can't for the life of me get the home button to work other than going to recent apps on a long press. I can use the back button to back out of apps but to go from deep in settings to the home screen I have to hit back until I get there. This happens to any AOSP/CM based rom that I try, MIUI, CM9/10, and AOKP. I'd really like to be able to run CM10 or AOKP JB instead of any stock based or blur based rom, as nice and some of them are like eclipse, Molten, Liberty, even stock debloated. Staying on GB means misssing out on a lot of apps that won't work correctly or not at all on GB.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this I'm all ears. I'm sure I could edit the build prop to the the navigation buttons at the bottom, I forgot the edit needed but I'd have to look it hp. I think it's something like ro.hw.keys=1 or similar. I just see no need in having software keys at the bottom when I have perfectly working hardware keys which I'd prefer to use because mainly I'd hate to lose the little bit of screen real estate

Thanks in advance.. Any and all suggestions appreciated. Again, I'm almost 100% sure it happens when I try MIUI, AOOKPor

Thanks

have you tried using a launcher that allows you to set custom action to the home key?(such as nova, apex, or pretty much any of the 3rd party launchers. I forget if this is a setting available to the stock launcher or not) and then see if you can just set it's custom action to "home"? might sound silly but could be a viable workaround to your issue.

Reactions: griz.droidx
have you tried using a launcher that allows you to set custom action to the home key?(such as nova, apex, or pretty much any of the 3rd party launchers. I forget if this is a setting available to the stock launcher or not) and then see if you can just set it's custom action to "home"? might sound silly but could be a viable workaround to your issue.

Thanks for your suggestion. I'm on cm7 at the moment but GB is mostly unusable for a lot of apps. I can do a lot but there's a lot that can't be done.

Was this a non issue for everyone else?
Sent from my MB870 using Tapatalk 2

Merlin11

Mar 7, 2014
Hi I just installed this rom on my droid x2 and now the battery wont charge and the green light is now always red. I read some place that there was a problem with charging after installing this rom but I cant find the thread. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Hi I just installed this rom on my droid x2 and now the battery wont charge and the green light is now always red. I read some place that there was a problem with charging after installing this rom but I cant find the thread. Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?
I don't remember any battery issues.
device needs to be on system version 1.3.380
before installing cm10

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

About to take the plunge again against the advice of a member whom I respect very much. He told me to stick to CM7 or Eclipse. And Honestly, I'd love to stick to CM7 because it simply screams on that rom. And Damn near everything works. It's very reliable and haven't had any major issues on that one for over a month now. But since more and more apps are moving away from GB, I've got to try something else.

My earlier post not too far above about the home button was remedied by downloading a different version of GAPPS. 20121011 I believe. I used this version although a newer one is available, I'm not certain it's for 4.1..2. I don't know that using the newer JB apps would hurt, They shouldn't, but at the same time, the versions for JB run from 4.1-4.3 so I don't know if a 4.3 would work. But the last time I installed I had severe dialer issues. I'm going to report back since I 've got the new battery just in case anyone else comes up on this thread and needs to know without digging and searching as much as I have through all 197 pages. No I didn't read every page, but I did read a lot from both here and the ICS threads. As long as you put the hijack zip where it goes.... You can always re-enter recovery.

My last foray into JB land was with AOKP and I forgot to move the hijack zip, screwed up and didn't flash a newer su zip, and so on so I had to SBF and start over. I was lucky that time because I was very afraid the SBF would cause me to have to drive 45 min one way to reprogram the device. NOT COOL. But I didn't have to do that I extracted the iso of the EZSBF and used the files in a linux terminal since it's much faster. IMHO.. I'm hoping its not painfully slow like last time. I've got a KK build on my DX and it runs really really well. Surprisingly well. Better than some of the cheaper dual core phones out there that come with KK pre-ininstalled.

Wish me luck anyone still listening..

OH to the poster bragging about his s3. I loved my S3 it was an awesome device. But a ****ty phone. Signal here is kinda weak with with the X2 I can pull it in almost anywhere in the house and not get cut off. A night and day difference. I'll definitely be buying moto again, as long as I can root it and put a rom or two on there, and assuming google didn't rape the company. Love to have a Nexus 6,

Last edited:

gatoraid84

Jan 12, 2012
Jacksonville
Having problems getting power button to turn on screen. Only plugging in chargers will turn on screen

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Power button not functional?

ctmax45

Oct 16, 2018
Critical Alert From Microsoft :(

I have a Droid X2 and would like to install a new ROM on. I successfully did an SBF recovery back to 2.3.4 and would like to install the CM10 ROM but the only link I can find for it seems to be hijacked. It gives the verbal "Critical Alert From Microsoft" and goes on to say how they will have to shut down my computer if I close their window. Of course it's bunk but where can I get a good copy of:
CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3 and the Milestone X2 WiFi Patch?

Thanks!
ctmax

XxAltec_XenonxX

Jan 7, 2018
Whats the difference between Aosp based roms and Blur? I attempted to install this Rom on my Motorola Droid X2 and supposedly was on the wrong stock rom. I was running Android 2.3.5 before rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

I'm having issues trying to get BSR to apply the Rom zip. It states assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0 E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20130013-unofficial-daytona.zip. I did everything the tutorial recommended. I fully rooted my device and I installed BSR. Not sure if I needed a special pacthed BSR version or not. I was on stock android 2.3.5 before doing this. I would have to assume its regarding permissions.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
I have a Droid X2 and would like to install a new ROM on. I successfully did an SBF recovery back to 2.3.4 and would like to install the CM10 ROM but the only link I can find for it seems to be hijacked. It gives the verbal "Critical Alert From Microsoft" and goes on to say how they will have to shut down my computer if I close their window. Of course it's bunk but where can I get a good copy of:
CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3 and the Milestone X2 WiFi Patch?

Thanks!
ctmax

Rom mirrors

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 PM ----------

Whats the difference between Aosp based roms and Blur?
AOSP roms are built from Android Original Source Project which some call stock Android
Blur was Motorola's version of modified android.

I attempted to install this Rom on my Motorola Droid X2 and supposedly was on the wrong stock rom. I was running Android 2.3.5 before rooting the phone.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 AM ----------

I'm having issues trying to get BSR to apply the Rom zip. It states assert failed: run_program("/tmp/check_kernel") == 0 E:Error in /sdcard/cm-10-20130013-unofficial-daytona.zip. I did everything the tutorial recommended. I fully rooted my device and I installed BSR. Not sure if I needed a special pacthed BSR version or not. I was on stock android 2.3.5 before doing this. I would have to assume its regarding permissions.
Phone needs to be on the 2.3.4 kernel for this rom, the rom installer checks for the 2.3.4 kernel.

whiterabbit422

Apr 10, 2019
we need new links for the .zip rom and gapps files

can someone please for my sanity find the .zip rom and gapps files for this rom so I can DOWNLOAD THEM finally so i can install cause I can not seem to find them any where at all?????

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    dragonzkiller presents:
    CyanogenMod 10.0.0-RC0 For the Droid X2
    An Android 4.1.2 Jellybean Experience
    E1lOV.png
    0YBTP.png
    YLDMh.png

HVbD4.png
    RyK9S.png
    0h4W9.png

Features:
    • Pop-up Text Message Notifications
    • Lockscreen Customization
    • Status Bar/Pulldown Customization
    • Homescreen/Drawer Customization
    • Themes
    • Profiles
    • Hard Button Key Remapping
    • Quiet Hours
    • And ALL the Jellybean Featues: Google Now, Smarter Keyboard, Notifications Overhaul, and much much more!

Working:
    • WiFi
    • Bluetooth (see known issues)
    • 3G
    • Calling
    • GPS
    • Google Now
    • Audio System! (This was the biggest thing keeping me from releasing CM10.)
    • Camera..... ish (See known issues)
    • Maps (You won't end up in a lake in Norway on your trip to the movie theater)

New to Alpha 3:
    • Not much: that's about it. Few added features that were added from October until January, but not much has really changed.

Known Issues:
    • Recovery: Recovery has been fixed since Alpha 2, but flashing ROMs doesn't work. Restoring nandroids will work fine however.
    • Bluesleep/Deep Sleep: at it's current state, Alpha 2 doesn't have the bluesleep fix in it. This is because when it is enabled the proximity sensor doesn't turn the screen back on when it's supposed to also causing the phone call to kill audio. This problem can also occur by toggling bluetooth ("fixing the bluesleep"). The only known work around is to press the home button and swipe your finger across the sensor. Thanks to 32BitWhore for the help.
    • Stability: While not exactly an issue as CM10 is INCREDIBLY more stable than CM9, that doesn't mean that it's 100% yet. As of now, I've only had the broswer crash twice and the notification drawer flicker once. Your milage will vary.
    • Camera: At it's current state, the camcorder will not work like in CM9. I can't really do much about that for the moment or at all.
    • Some ICS/JB Apps Will Crash: This is noticeable on Chrome for example. This is because our drivers don't have External OES Textures. Basically that means when the apps want to draw using them (such as with Chrome's tab preview) the app will crash. This is the same problem on CM9/ICS. There is nothing we can do.
    • Data usage: Just don't ask me. I might get to it again one day. We'll see.

Installation:
    This can be installed over CM7/CM9 or BLUR but you MUST wipe data and cache if from CM7/BLUR. (CM9 should work w/o wipe, but it's untested).
    1. READ THE ENTIRE POST
    2. Download the links provided below and put it on the External SD Card
    3. Install the BSR (patched if on an AOSP based ROM, unpatched if on BLUR)
    4. Reboot into the BSR
    5. NANDROID
    6. Install the CM10 zip from the SD Card
    7. Install the GAPPS from the SD Card
    8. MILESTONE X2 USERS ONLY: Install the WiFi patch from the SD Card
    9. Wipe both DATA and CACHE if coming from BLUR or CM7 (no need to wipe Dalvik if you wipe both of these)
    10. Reboot your phone
    11. Enjoy a better phone experience

Downloads:
    Also, if you would like (but not needed) to donate, see the donate button by my name. Gas/food money goes a long way :)
    I am not responsible for what you do to your phone. Flash at your own risk.
    REQUIRED Google Apps (GAPPS): http://goo-inside.me/google-apps. Download the latest Jellybean version (for 4.1.x) of them for here and check the MD5 sums from there also.

MUST SBF IF COMING FROM A1.
    CyanogenMod 10-20130113-Daytona Alpha 3: http://d-h.st/82g

Milestone X2 WiFi Patch (for all versions of 10): http://d-h.st/Pdy

Changelog:
    Alpha 3:
    New CM10 Features added since October

Alpha 2.999999999999:
    Update to 4.1.2
    Fix rebooting problem with SD Card apps
    Fixed internal/external swapping
    Performance updates via libc enhancements
    Some others, it's been a while
    CyanogenMod 10-20121028-Daytona Alpha 2.99999999: http://d-h.st/QcA

Alpha 2:
    Fix SD Card apps
    Fixed camera app
    Added Advanced Settings (only HWA working)
    New WIFI Module (DX2 only)
    mediaserver (apparently) fixed
    CyanogenMod 10-20121007-Daytona Alpha 2: http://d-h.st/9J6

Alpha 1:
    First Public Release
    Download: CyanogenMod 10-20120928-Daytona Alpha1: http://d-h.st/7y5
    Hey guys it's me. I've decided to spend time actually updating everything tonight. It's going to take FOREVER to get all the code updated (especially to 4.2). Also I'll work on getting the current sound drivers in that build working and release it tonight.
    Well... I'm still here. Even if I'm busy. And I'm working on 4.2.2 right now.
    Charge Mode/Recovery Fix for Alpha 1

OK guys I have the fix for Alpha 1's charge mode and recovery please follow the steps carefully as I make sure everything is covered and that there are no questions to ask as long as you have read them and followed them properly. In my opinion if you already have ADB working, it is the easiest. It only looks long because it explains how to set EVERYTHING up if you don't have it. it is also VERY WISE to check the md5sum of the download to make sure it is correct and then checking the md5sum of the file once it is on the phone. This is easily done in Linux based distros (and on the phone in Terminal Emulator) as "md5sum hijack-boot.zip" (assuming you're in the same directory as it)

Pushing the new file using ADB:
    1. Download the Android SDK OR any of the One-Click Roots. This has ADB which is required to push the files on the device. (Note: For the SDK, you'll have to start it up and then download "platform tools")
    2. Plug your phone into your computer with the USB cable
    3. If on Windows, you might have to download the appropriate drivers in order for it to find all of the necessary devices.
    4. If on Ubuntu based distros (and some other distros) of Linux, you'll have to add device permissions to allow your user to access the phone through the USB. (This is covered below.)
    5. Once you have the computer set up, on your phone go to "Settings > Developer Options > Root Access" and enable "Apps and ADB"
    6. Once everything is done loading open up a command prompt if in Windows (Press Win-R, then type "cmd") or a terminal in Linux (this varies by distro).
    7. Change your current working directory to be the location where ADB is installed by typing
      Code:
      cd PATH/TO/ADB
      (For SDK users it's in the "platform-tools" folder under the SDK folder. OCRs are usually under a "files" folder in the root of the OCR.)
    8. To gain root access to your phone with ADB type:
      Code:
      adb root
      (It should say "restarting ADB as root".) If it hangs, unplug your phone and plug it back in.
    9. Next type
      Code:
      adb remount
      to remount the system directory as Read-Write. If it says something about being root, then make sure you ran the root command above.
    10. This is a critical step. Now it's time to copy over the new hijack-boot.zip. Type
      Code:
      adb push PATH/TO/DOWNLOAD/hijack-boot.zip /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip
      This MUST be named this or it will not work. If the push succeeded it'll list some stats about the push and will end nicely. If it says "Read only file system" then you didn't run the remount command.
    11. Next reboot your phone by the Power Menu or by typing
      Code:
      adb reboot

Using Root Explorer or Other Root-Access File Managers:
    1. Copy the download to either SD card.
    2. Open up your File Manager and navigate to the appropriate SD card. (Internal is /storage/sdcard0, External is /storage/sdcard1)
    3. Remount the system directory as Read-Write. (Most File Managers have an option to do that, if not follow the steps above up to and including the remount command)
    4. COPY The new hijack-boot.zip file to /system/etc and overwrite the one currently there.
    5. Reboot you phone using the power menu.

Using Terminal Emulator:
    1. Copy the download to either SD card.
    2. Open up the included Terminal Emulator app.
    3. Type
      Code:
      su
      to switch to root and confirm the access if you haven't already.
    4. Type
      Code:
      mount -o rw,remount /system
      to remount the system directory as Read-Write
    5. Copy over the download by typing:
      Code:
      cp /storage/sdcard[B]#[/B]/hijack-boot.zip /system/etc/hijack-boot.zip
      This must be EXACT or it will not work.
    6. Reboot by typing "reboot" or by using the Power Menu.

FIRST TIME ADB UBUNTU-BASED (RARELY OTHERS) USERS ONLY:
    Some GNU/Linux distros have a security "feature" that keeps users from directly accessing any USB device that pretty much isn't an HID device or a Mass Storage one. To get around this go here and follow only the Configuring USB Access section adding the following lines to the end of your rules:
    Code:
    # adb protocol on daytona (Droid X2) on CM9
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70c9", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    # adb protocol on daytona (Droid X2) on CM10
    SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTR{idVendor}=="22b8", ATTR{idProduct}=="70c7", MODE="0600", OWNER="<username>"
    It is recommended to go ahead and allow the AOSP rules to be there as well. It doesn't hurt anything. But make sure you replace <username> with your username you log in with.

DOWNLOAD:
    Fix for charge mode and recovery in Alpha 1: http://d-h.st/1jF
    I had received 32BitWhore's PM also and I figured I might as well tell everyone that the bug has been confirmed and I will update the OP accordingly. The problem appears to be surfaceflinger not reporting the correct display to start drawing to again. This prevents the system from turning the screen back on and drawing what it needs to. I will do a more in depth study when I get the time. How the bluesleep fix is responsible, I'm not sure yet and because of that I didn't put it in A2.