Sharp AQUOS S3 (FS8032) Thread

Search This thread

seryioo

Dec 9, 2010
Hello I am creating this thread to talk about Sharp Aquos S3. I am waiting my delivery, I have bought one with a very cheap price.

Sharp Aquos S3:

450_1000.jpg

Main Specs:
Exist 2 versions, one with Snapdragon 630 and other with 660.
High screen-to-body ratio: 84.5%.
6.0 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density).
Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Smile UX.
Memory: 64GB, 4/6GB.
Primary camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF 13 MP, 2x optical zoom.
Secondary camera: 16 MP, f/2.0.
NFC: yes.
USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
3200 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W (Quick Charge 3.0).

Benchmarks:
Benchmark.png

Firmware:
Update file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PFfHIcA-9P7VUg3EPaoRDPZ-nGLXXhj/view (HH1-1460-0-00WW-B02-update)
Fastboot file: https://mega.nz/#F!7NJjXS7K!lab_x6fos5SPZLcQ5BCEwA!qcQ1HCaZ (Not tested, use by your own risk, not for beginners)
Unlock Bootloader :
(MAKE A BACKUP FIRST, IT WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)
No tested.
"fastboot oem unlock".

Tools/Utiles:
Minimal ADB and Fastboot
payload_dumper (Unpack payload.bin from update)

Credits:

@heineken78

Last edited:
Reactions: Trinitron108

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
Hey hey
fastboot oem unlock
works only on Korean bootloader not on Chinese you will get.
Unlock is paid by fking NTOOL.

1. is there a way to get korean HH6 firmware or at least korean bootlader? I do understand the idea to spoof the phone so that we could get the upgrade file downloaded, but there are too many obstacles for an average user like: no root = no way to spoof the name/build or what name/build/skuid should we enter to spoof properly. So most probably impossible without somebody already using a HH6 model that would be able and willing to capture the updates

2. If we stick to paid options - while ordering my s3 I was aware of the fact it would cost to unlock the device
but the problem is, ntool doesn't support S3 (yet), but after googling, I've found a site that claims it has got unlock codes for S3, HH1 and SD1 versions - ie. it's hikarycalix (dot) com (slash) shop - assuming, I get a proper unlock code from them - what to do next? Is the tutorial correct for s3/fs8032? : https://fih-firmware.hikaricalyx.com/unlock.html ?
If the above is correct - can s3 use the same temp recovery like s2/nokia6, 7, 7+ uses ? - described here: https://dospy.wang/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2222&extra=page=1 (Chinese, need GTranslate)? My goal is to get root rights, cam2api and TitaniumBackup working, I can live with sideloaded recovery while needed ;)

3. There was something like pre-rooted software for Sharp S2 without tampering at bootloader, is it possible for S3 or was it for nougat only?

Thanks for all tips you could give us to get the BL unlocked. Every help much apprieciated :)

seryioo

Dec 9, 2010
I received my Sharp AQUOS S3 today but I am going to sell it. If someone is interested write me a private message and I will give you a good price.

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
Hey hey
fastboot oem unlock
works only on Korean bootloader not on Chinese you will get.
So, I've just found a file on androidfilehost: HH6-350B-0-00A0-B01, the metadata file contains info confirming it's for Korean FS8032:
Code:
pre-build=SHARP/FS8032_00A0/HH6_sprout:9/PPR1.180610.011/FS8032R1221P:user/release-keys
pre-build-incremental=FS8032R1221P
pre-device=HH6_sprout
After extracting the payload.bin file there are abl.img and xbl.img among other files - I believe these are bootlooader files we need.
So, I'm calling You, @heineken78, because You're the only guy that has the knowledge of HMD/Sharp phones - is that going to be that simple now just to execute something like:
Code:
fastboot flash abl abl.img (or fastboot flash abl_a abl.img // fastboot flash abl_b abl.img) 
fastboot flash xbl xbl.img (or fastboot blash xbl_a xbl.img // fastboot flash xbl_b.img
fastboot oem unlock
or do we still need something extra to unlock the device? Even if successful, will the device boot with korean/android 9 bootlader and worldwide/android 8 system? I believe it's better to ask, I didn't dare to execute those commands on my device yet

since the mentioned files aren't very big, I attach them

Attachments

• abl.img
    268 KB · Views: 140
  • xbl.img
    2.4 MB · Views: 122

ln79

May 10, 2019
Any news for this phone model? I just picked up one today and it's still on Adroid 8

adamuadamu

Dec 9, 2011
Poznan
Any news for this phone model? I just picked up one today and it's still on Adroid 8
sharp servers were closed some time ago, so leave hope for official updates
the only thing that can happen is to unlock BL and then the development can start - I see some downloads of the files I attached above. Was anybody brave enough to try them?

paulzie

May 3, 2014
Lack of unlockable bootloader diminishes modding/GCAM capability.

I see a request for ntool to unlock it is present, with the tool's author writing:

it could be supported as soon as i get phone in hands

Anybody else unlocked a Aquos S3?

delfyno

May 18, 2019
I am sorry, I do not understand very much what it means BL or UnLock
What I would like is to flash Android stock on my HH1 S3, either 8 or 9, does not matter
That's because the Sharp OS (8.0 based) is very poor compared to Android 8.0 stock
Moreover, I cannot install Google applications
Any suggestion on how to flash Android stock ROM? I mean, I know how to flash, but is there a file with Android 8 or 9 for the HH1 S3?
thank you very much indeed

heineken78

Mar 3, 2009
Kiev
www.mediafire.com
Bootloader unlock (critical unlock) via testpoint S3 (sdm630)

Unlock Aquos S3 (HH1 / HH6) through testpoint and service bootloader. Critical unlock
AT ONE'S OWN RISK. NEED EXPERIENCE AND HANDS FOR THIS DEAL.
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT.

Instruction:
- disassemble the device; you need to remove the back cover and unscrew the cover from the board to disconnect the battery and gain access to the power point .;
- Testpoint is located on the left side of the board and is accessible without removing the board;
- connect the phone to the usb (the battery must be disconnected) the picture of the crossed-out battery will flash on the screen - everything is correct;
- you close the testpoint gently to the mass - for example, to the screen - minus, after the device 9008 appears in the device manager (if necessary, install the driver) - go on;
- connect the battery;
- run the OST, choose the special firmware that I have prepared. In the settings, remove all the checkboxes - select only EMERGENCY MODE, click "next" - the firmware has started;
- The phone should reboot and go into the fastboot itself, the firmware hangs on the message in OST "sutinfo", press the "power" once and wait further
- The phone will be loaded into the recovery twrp (attention is just a special trick and not a working recovery) in it you must choose - Reboot - Bootloader. It is advisable to do it quickly - the OCT does not wait for a long time.
- You get the inscription on the screen about the unlocking - with the volume buttons you choose - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. ATTENTION THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP, you need to perform - the second unlock - critical.
Critical unlock
- the phone needs to be transferred to download mode
- run the OST, choose the special firmware that I have prepared. In the settings, remove all the checkboxes - select only Normal download, click "next" - the firmware has started;
- The phone will be loaded into the recovery twrp (attention is just a special trick and not a working recovery) in it you must choose - Reboot - Bootloader. It is advisable to do it quickly - the OCT does not wait for a long time.
- You get the inscription on the screen about the unlocking - with the volume buttons you choose - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. The critical unlock is completed.

Then find the worker stock boot, flash it, and then through it, flash the stock firmware from the recovery.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BMB9m1TBK0GwHijFjp3LjBATHg_1cla8

Attachments

• 16435113.jpg
    16435113.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 764
  • 16436773.jpg
    16436773.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 773

jameelmemon

Nov 27, 2013
Dubai
Instructions to fully working Android One 9.0 on HH1

hi @heineken78

You have done really great job and i have seen some people also installed custom Treble ROMs on 4pda.

Due to google translation instructions are not much clear about how to convert SKUID to Korean

it is clear that we need to unlock bootloader by opening a back cover or via Hikari Calyx (which is paid).

so can you please write instructions in english here

What is not clear to me is do we still need to flash HH1-6_testpoint_unlock_and_unlock_critical.nb0 after unlocking with code received from HikariCalyx

after that we need to flash HH6-350D-0-00A0-B01_repacked.nb0 using patched OST or we can directly flash
HH6-350D-0-00A0-B01_repacked.nb0 and OST will change the SKUID

As I can see once we flash HH1-6 firmware we have TWRP in it but i guess it will not be flashed into the phone so we need to flash it as per instructions on 4PDA post. but we need 2 OTAs do we need to install OTAs manually (if so kindly share link) or via settings?

once we will have 2 OTAs than we can flash TWRP and after that we will have HH6 Firmware + 2OTAs + TWRP and then we need to replace HH6 vendor files with HH1 for hardware compatibility (2 x SIM and fingerprint).

from this point either we can keep the Android One and reflash vendor file everytime we have OTAs or we can switch to any custom treble.

Also how do we enable Camera2API on custom treble or HH6 firmware, do we have any file to flash or Android One does have camera2API?

Is there any notable bug that will prevent to use HH6 firmware or custom treble on HH1 as daily driver
Kindly clearafy it please

Thanks in advance

Unlock Aquos S3 (HH1 / HH6) through testpoint and service bootloader. Critical unlock
PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT.

Instruction:
- disassemble the device; you need to remove the back cover and unscrew the cover from the board to disconnect the battery and gain access to the power point .;
- Testpoint is located on the left side of the board and is accessible without removing the board;
- connect the phone to the usb (the battery must be disconnected) the picture of the crossed-out battery will flash on the screen - everything is correct;
- you close the testpoint gently to the mass - for example, to the screen - minus, after the device 9008 appears in the device manager (if necessary, install the driver) - go on;
- connect the battery;
- run the OST, choose the special firmware that I have prepared. In the settings, remove all the checkboxes - select only EMERGENCY MODE, click "next" - the firmware has started;
- The phone should reboot and go into the fastboot itself, the firmware hangs on the message in OST "sutinfo", press the "power" once and wait further
- You get the inscription on the screen about the unlocking - with the volume buttons you choose - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. ATTENTION THIS IS ONLY THE FIRST STEP, you need to perform - the second unlock - critical.
Critical unlock
- run the OST, choose the special firmware that I have prepared. In the settings, remove all the checkboxes - select only Normal download, click "next" - the firmware has started;
- You get the inscription on the screen about the unlocking - with the volume buttons you choose - UNLOCK BOOTLOADER. The critical unlock is completed.

Then find the worker stock boot, flash it, and then through it, flash the stock firmware from the recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: skafandr

mokarrako

Feb 22, 2015
Notification led

Hello. Can someone tell me if this phone (sharp S3) has Notification Led?
I have redad that it has but i have not see ON at any video or photo.
Thanks!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bootloader unlock (critical unlock) via testpoint S3 (sdm630)

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT.

Instruction:
    - connect the battery;
    Critical unlock

Can you please elaborate more in details what steps should be taken starting from scratch?
    I think that the device has a great potential but I'm not an expert and I would like to give it a try.
    Thanks in advance

Unlock bootloader -> download the HH6 March firmware + cracked OST from the 4pda thread -> flash firmware. Let it boot, run through the setup, and update all the way to the latest OTA update (June 1st security update). Reboot into fastboot, switch the slot from B back to A (May 1st security update), and flash heineken's TWRP patched boot image from the 4pda thread. Boot into TWRP, flash the vendor partition fix from the same post as the TWRP image, and reboot.

I no longer own the device, and I have no intention on supporting it, so I will not be writing out a hand holding guide. If you have enough experience in basic Android flashing, unlocking bootloader, using fastboot, etc...., there's enough info between this post and the stickied posts on the 4pda thread for the phone for you to get it done quickly and safely, the phone is pretty stock standard Android. If you don't, well there's no support for you because the entire community for the phone is in 4pda and you likely don't speak the language, and the tools required to revert the phone back to stock is the same tools used to convert it to HH6, so if you can't get it working in the first place you're probably not fixing it either.
    Hello I am creating this thread to talk about Sharp Aquos S3. I am waiting my delivery, I have bought one with a very cheap price.

Sharp Aquos S3:

450_1000.jpg

Main Specs:
    Exist 2 versions, one with Snapdragon 630 and other with 660.
    High screen-to-body ratio: 84.5%.
    6.0 inches, 1080 x 2160 pixels, 18:9 ratio (~402 ppi density).
    Android 8.0 (Oreo) with Smile UX.
    Memory: 64GB, 4/6GB.
    Primary camera: 12 MP, f/1.8, 1/2.55", 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF 13 MP, 2x optical zoom.
    Secondary camera: 16 MP, f/2.0.
    NFC: yes.
    USB: 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go.
    3200 mAh battery, Fast battery charging 9V/2A 18W (Quick Charge 3.0).

Benchmarks:
    Benchmark.png

Firmware:
    Update file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_PFfHIcA-9P7VUg3EPaoRDPZ-nGLXXhj/view (HH1-1460-0-00WW-B02-update)
    Fastboot file: https://mega.nz/#F!7NJjXS7K!lab_x6fos5SPZLcQ5BCEwA!qcQ1HCaZ (Not tested, use by your own risk, not for beginners)
    Unlock Bootloader :
    (MAKE A BACKUP FIRST, IT WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)
    No tested.
    "fastboot oem unlock".

Tools/Utiles:
    Minimal ADB and Fastboot
    payload_dumper (Unpack payload.bin from update)

Credits:

@heineken78
    Instructions to fully working Android One 9.0 on HH1

hi @heineken78

You have done really great job and i have seen some people also installed custom Treble ROMs on 4pda.

Due to google translation instructions are not much clear about how to convert SKUID to Korean

it is clear that we need to unlock bootloader by opening a back cover or via Hikari Calyx (which is paid).

so can you please write instructions in english here

What is not clear to me is do we still need to flash HH1-6_testpoint_unlock_and_unlock_critical.nb0 after unlocking with code received from HikariCalyx

after that we need to flash HH6-350D-0-00A0-B01_repacked.nb0 using patched OST or we can directly flash
    HH6-350D-0-00A0-B01_repacked.nb0 and OST will change the SKUID

As I can see once we flash HH1-6 firmware we have TWRP in it but i guess it will not be flashed into the phone so we need to flash it as per instructions on 4PDA post. but we need 2 OTAs do we need to install OTAs manually (if so kindly share link) or via settings?

once we will have 2 OTAs than we can flash TWRP and after that we will have HH6 Firmware + 2OTAs + TWRP and then we need to replace HH6 vendor files with HH1 for hardware compatibility (2 x SIM and fingerprint).

from this point either we can keep the Android One and reflash vendor file everytime we have OTAs or we can switch to any custom treble.

Also how do we enable Camera2API on custom treble or HH6 firmware, do we have any file to flash or Android One does have camera2API?

Is there any notable bug that will prevent to use HH6 firmware or custom treble on HH1 as daily driver
    Kindly clearafy it please

Thanks in advance

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT.

Instruction:
    - connect the battery;
    Critical unlock

Hikari Calyx is online again. there is a rom resurrection remix that works just great. fully customizable, android pie and with gcam installed

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=949903&st=900#entry87826615