Rooting ZTE N817 (Q Link)

Search This thread

zipl0cc

Apr 28, 2017
Hi Im just wondering if this phone is actually rootable? If so can someone help? Thank you

Hi Im just wondering if this phone is actually rootable? If so can someone help? Thank you

Took me less than a minute to locate the following thread that answers your question.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3587174

Good Luck!

***Please Note: As always, I welcome any member to help with further valuable information/clarification for any of my posts.

Sent via Communicator [D2VZW] from the Bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise...

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
If you use the method described in the thread DON'T flash the SuperSu zip mentioned until you delete Kingoroot s 'superuser'.

I did this and bricked my phone for about 10 days until I could manage to keep the system running long enough to get rid of all the KingCrap from it.

Better yet NEVER USE KINGOROOT FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT AS A LAST RESORT

I've spent many hours fixing the damage it can do to a system.

DrCheryl

Aug 15, 2017
Baltimore
www.youtube.com
Recommendation?

If you use the method described in the thread DON'T flash the SuperSu zip mentioned until you delete Kingoroot s 'superuser'.

I did this and bricked my phone for about 10 days until I could manage to keep the system running long enough to get rid of all the KingCrap from it.

Better yet NEVER USE KINGOROOT FOR ANYTHING EXCEPT AS A LAST RESORT

I've spent many hours fixing the damage it can do to a system.
Hi, Steven

As a new forum user, what do you recommend to use to root my phone instead? I have just done this and am having a terrible time with it! I can't move any of the bloatware or anything yet.

Thanks in advance,

Dr Cheryl

Last edited:

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Hi, Steven

As a new forum user, what do you recommend to use to root my phone instead? I have just done this and am having a terrible time with it! I can't move any of the bloatware or anything yet.

Thanks in advance,

Dr Cheryl

Did you replace the Kinguser (it might be called something a bit different like Superuser) with SuperSu or another SU? That is the first step to get out of the Kingroot trap.

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Hi, Steven

Thanks in advance,

Dr Cheryl

Welcome Dr Cheryl

If you've rooted your n817 using this method and managed to replace KU congratulations. This one is not an easy root. Id be xurious what you're using to remove bloatware. 3c works good, Titanium backup, theres a lot

You can pm me iff you need help.

---------- Post added at 03:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:57 PM ----------

Welcome Dr Cheryl

If you've rooted your n817 using this method and managed to replace KU congratulations. This one is not an easy root. Id be xurious what you're using to remove bloatware. 3c works good, Titanium backup, theres a lot

Rereading your question/ i guess you don't have root. I'm not aware of any other rooting methods for this phone. I've got one in my hands right now I'll be rooting soon, so Ill knpw if the new twrp is working

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Welcome Dr Cheryl

Rereading your question/ i guess you don't have root. I'm not aware of any other rooting methods for this phone. I've got one in my hands right now I'll be rooting soon, so Ill knpw if the new twrp is working

BIatu

Aug 14, 2013
As probably to be expected with this website, yet another complete failure.
Absolutely NOTHING will ever root an N817. Why are people still pushing the obvious lie??
15 attempts. ALL resulted in "root failed".
If you do not know what you are talking about, try NOT posting suggestions because they all lead to the exact same non-functional outcome.

Tried literally everything. All steps posted throughout the internet. NONE of them actually function as advertised.

I am sick of the lies. It is clear that no one on this site actually knows what they are talking about.
The "apps" suggested on this site, along with dr.fone, and even the debloater apps are ALL non-functional.

What is it going to take to stop the lies????

Face it. The N817 can not be rooted nor cleaned up. It is the sole intention of ZTE.
When you call ZTE and navigate past their red tape, you find out the truth.
The device will never allow ANY user access over the device.
STOP the lies and remove this entire topic already.

---------- Post added at 06:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Well, you asked for it. NONE of these suggestions, and NONE of the other suggestions this site has offered works in any way what so ever.
"root failed" is the only outcome for everything this site has claimed.
The N817 can NOT be rooted, nor debloated. ALL N817's are blocked. Meaning that there is no possible way to clean up nor root them. ZTE will tell everyone the same if they bother to investigate the claims made by users of this site.

I have tried everything this site has stated numerous times. The only result possible is "root failed" or device not recognized.

Actually, I just obtained ROOT with 360Root that chinese app on android. Then I flashed TWRP, then SuperSU, boom fully rooted

equitube

Feb 27, 2014
OnaHill
Actually, I just obtained ROOT with 360Root that chinese app on android. Then I flashed TWRP, then SuperSU, boom fully rooted

Well, some people, like the poster above can't seem to do any critical thinking for themselves. If it doesn't go 'just like the video' heaven forbid they would have to synthesize their own methods.

Reactions: droneboy

NickT555

Mar 24, 2018
Hey guys I've tried everything and it's just not happening I have Qlink ZTE 818 with a 7.1.1 OS and it's just not working. I guess I'm not smart enough to do this.

SavageTheUnicorn

Jan 26, 2018
Similar result but still not the same.

360root works, but you will lose root if you restart/reboot your system.
I also ran 360root but I tried to run Root Checker and System App Safe Remover and neither worked. Root Checker didn't even pull up the prompt, yet SASR brought the prompt up but still wouldn't remove system apps. Any thoughts from anyone? When I ran kingoroot it brought the menu up at 70% and restarted and nothing changed. I'd like to remove the bloatware not just disable it.

Aug 14, 2011
I have searched countless forums and have tried kingroot, kingoroot, 360, the PC version of kingo, I have tried adb root exploits. I have tried fastboot (I have never been able to type "fastboot devices" and receive recognition) I have downloaded Qualcomm drivers, adb drivers, zte drivers. I have used the software for flashing zte devices which failed when I tried to flash. I have enabled developer options and ticked OEM unlocking and USB debugging. The device I am referencing is the ZTE sapphire from qlink. MODEL# Z3001S. If anyone knows a method I'm all ears and would greatly appreciate some help here

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I did some thread cleanup. Please stop the ranting and be respectful to other users.

Well, some people, like the poster above can't seem to do any critical thinking for themselves. If it doesn't go 'just like the video' heaven forbid they would have to synthesize their own methods.