[APP] *TrackMe* GPS/WiFi/Cell Tracking recorder for hikers and travelers with offline/online mapping (now support 17 different maps!)

Search This thread

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
What error do you get when you try to import the photo? TrackMe should give you the reason why the image couldn't be imported.

Thanks for your good wishes. Getting a little better every day. :) I hope your wife is totally recovered now, too.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
When I use the Import images facility and choose from the gallery, TM reports 'Error processing image (java.lang illegalArgumentException: filename cannot be null'

Thanks for asking, but my wife had hospital treatment for her frozen shoulder - it was extremely painful as the rotated the arm on the joint to 're-activate' the joint lubrication and mobility. It was painful but the next day she had total mobility back and the tenderness went over the following week. It's been over a year since the treatment and the problem has not re-occurred (touch wood).

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
When I use the Import images facility and choose from the gallery, TM reports 'Error processing image (java.lang illegalArgumentException: filename cannot be null'

Thanks for asking, but my wife had hospital treatment for her frozen shoulder - it was extremely painful as the rotated the arm on the joint to 're-activate' the joint lubrication and mobility. It was painful but the next day she had total mobility back and the tenderness went over the following week. It's been over a year since the treatment and the problem has not re-occurred (touch wood).

That seems to be a bug. What phone are you using and what Android version do you have? Also do you think you can attach a picture here so I can test it in case the problem is with the image itself?

I'm sorry about everything your wife had to go through. That sounds extremely painful. I didn't know about that kind of injury. I'm glad she's fine now.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
Attached is one of the images.

The phone is an Xaomi Redmi 2 - running on Android 4.4.4

A frozen shoulder is quite common apparently - at least it is here in the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_20160119_135312.jpg
    IMG_20160119_135312.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 106

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
The image itself seems ok. I was able to import correctly.

I have an S5 running 5.0, but I tested the app using the emulator running 4.4 and it seemed to work, too.
Maybe you can try by copying the images to the internal sd card in case they are not there.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
Lem.

The images are in the gallery which is in the DCIM/Camera folder in the internal storage on the phone.
I tried importing as a file using explorer rather than using the Gallery option - still no luck.

ayiszita

Feb 8, 2016
impressions

An excellent app.
Would like to see a video upload option in markers and full google earth mapping ability.
Might not work perfectly on some tablets (unable to see settings button).

Reactions: _LEM_

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
An excellent app.
Would like to see a video upload option in markers and full google earth mapping ability.
Might not work perfectly on some tablets (unable to see settings button).

I have thought about the video upload a few times, and I think it's doable and it may not be too complicated.
Regarding GE, I could add a option under Server Settings Sync to automatically export the route to KML and upload it to the server.
That way, it should work like in the old version.

I will be testing the app on tablets soon. I will post any updates here.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
BIG UPDATE

- Image folder upload. Select a folder when importing images.
- Music detection. When listening to music, author and song name with be included with the markers.
- Enter comments using the microphone. Useful if you are hiking or unable to type.
- Timed recording. Specify how often you want to start tracking and for how long.
- If enabled, create new route name on new day while tracking.
- Weather information is now free.
- Better support for tablets.
- New icons.

Reactions: Dtrieb

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
_LEM_

Just a quick note to update you on my Image Import problem.

I bought a new phone for my wife which is identical to mine - and the image import works with no problem on that - so it looks like it may be a problem with the phone rather than the app.

Will let you know if I discover anything different.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
_LEM_

Just a quick note to update you on my Image Import problem.

I bought a new phone for my wife which is identical to mine - and the image import works with no problem on that - so it looks like it may be a problem with the phone rather than the app.

Will let you know if I discover anything different.

That's good to know, thanks. Yes, I think there is a problem with certain phones. I will keep testing it.
If you find out something, please let me know.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
UPDATE

- Added option to export to a KML file when syncing with a TrackMe server.
You can access this file from anywhere, including Google Earth.
- Bug fixes including a weather fix that wasn't including the precipitation type.

For people using their servers, I have updated the export.php file.

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
Error after recent update.

Since the most recent update I am getting an error when I start Trackme (see the attached screenshot).

Any ideas why??

pewe

Oct 20, 2005
England
Are you a premium user by any chance?

Yes I am.
Normally the message would have stated something about ads being disable (or similar) - so somehow the information about user status is not being read or received by Play Store I guess.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I just uninstalled and re-installed - but the error message is still appearing.

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com
Yes I am.
Normally the message would have stated something about ads being disable (or similar) - so somehow the information about user status is not being read or received by Play Store I guess.

---------- Post added at 03:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

I just uninstalled and re-installed - but the error message is still appearing.

I just tried creating a new Gmail account and buying myself the premium and it worked ok. It's very strange.
I don't think it's related to the new version because I haven't changed anything related to that. I will keep looking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    screenshot11.png
    screenshot22.png
    screenshot33.png
    screenshot44.png
    screenshot55.png
    screenshot66.png
    screenshot77.png
    screenshot88.png
    screenshot99.png
    screenshot100.png

HISTORY

TrackMe is the conversion of the popular tool written originally for Windows Mobile 5 and 6. This version for Android has widely extended the WM version and includes tons of new features. You can find the original thread for TrackMe for WM here

WHAT IS TRACKME?

TrackMe is a GPS/WiFi/Cell ID tracker. It records your path, speed, altitude, distance, temperature and other parameters. It can also be started remotely using text messages from any other phone.
    You can view your data (live or recorded) from your phone or also from any browser if you sync it with a TrackMe server.

Features

* Works with no internet connection. All your data is stored on your phone unless that you decide to sync it with a TrackMe server.
    * Stealth mode: Start/stop recording or send your position by sms by sending text messages from other phones without having TrackMe installed.
    * Add markers with pictures, comments, file attachments or voice notes to your routes.
    * Automatic image matching. You can match existing photos stored on your phone with any of your routes. TrackMe will try to find the closest match by using the tags stored inside the photos.
    * Detailed route summary.
    * Load any GPX files on the map and follow them!
    * Show nearby markers. Check on the map for nearby markers that you have added previously in other routes. Very useful if you are trying to go back to a place that you have visited before.
    * Cloud sharing. Share public or privately your position on the map. You can use this to meet with a person, if you both got lost from each other, if you want to see where the person is if it went on a trip...
    This feature can be also started and stopped from any other phone using text messages.
    * Export and import routes using KML or GPX files.
    * Share your position on WhatsApp, sms, email, twitter...
    * Highly customizable.
    * Use our own server free of charge or your own!
    * And much more!

DOWNLOAD
    Marketplace

HOW TO USE YOUR OWN SERVER
    Click here for instructions (Google Maps API not needed)

CUSTOM WEB VIEWER DEVELOPMENT AND USER PLUGINS
    Click here to visit the thread

WEB BROWSER VIEWER
    Created by OpitZle, pammetje, mcross, jcleek and _LEM_ (only TrackMe client<->server communication)

jcleek1.jpg

SYNCING YOUR DATA WITH A TRACKME SERVER (you only need the app on your phone)

Let's suppose your wife wants to track your location in real-time.

On your phone: Enable "Sync my positions" in Settings->TrackMe Server Settings->Sync my positions. You also need to enter a username and password.
    Now your wife can go to http://luisespinosa.com/trackme from a browser, enter that username and password and enable "Live Tracking On/Off" to see your current position. You need to start recording on the TrackMe app for all this to work.

Keep in mind that Cloud Sharing is less accurate. Syncing with a TrackMe server will allow you as much accuracy as you need, by adjusting the GPS, WiFi, QuickFix, Minimum Accuracy/Distance/Time values in the settings.
    hey guys,

I'm back to development! I just uploaded a new version where I have added the initial logic to let users remove ads.
    It's not available yet, it will in the next version.

Once I have that done, I will add the option to upload images which has been on my to-do list for a long time.

I also want to create a very light version of TrackMe for tracking phones. I get several emails every week about that asking
    how to do it.

Glad to be finally back. I'm a little rusty developing on Android, but hopefully it'll be just a matter of time! :angel:
    new web viewer

Hi!

I tried posting this in web development thread, but I don't have 10 posts :(
    When I earn some points I may repost it there, where it belongs

I wrote a web viewer for TrackMe data. It is a complete rewrite of the original viewer. The only thing that is left of old viewer is interface look and feel.
    It uses Google Maps API v3 but I plan to implement also an OpenStreetMap alternative.
    My viewer is based on ajax, so everything works dynamically without page reloading.
    I use TrackMe on Android, so I implemented only the functions present in this version. There is no support for photos or comments. I will surely add those features when they become present on Android :)
    On the other hand I added altitudes graph. I thought about adding other graphs (like speed) and statistics but gps data I get with the Android app often miss info like speed, angle etc. (why?)
    The code is GPL, so everybody can contribute or reuse it. If you make changes to it please contribute your patches back :)

The code is available at github:
    https://github.com/bfabiszewski/phpTrackme

You can see a simple demo at:
    http://flaa.fabiszewski.net/phptrackme/
    (auto registration of new users from client is blocked on this site)
    hey guys...new updates soon! Working on TrackMe again with new features ;)