FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The Official XDA Support thread for Android Phones (Updated)

2,333 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,701

By samuel2706, Inactive Recognized Developer on 17th August 2011, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2011, 05:44 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel2706

Z4ROOT is apparently said to work, there isn't a lot on the forums for this device but i will keep my eyes peeled and PM you when i find something out

That was probably for Froyo but maybe it does. I'm thinking if someone could get a custom recovery working, we could root it by just flashing Superuser.

Sent from my M9300 using XDA Premium App

18th August 2011, 06:33 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
i did all that i have teh sdk installed
18th August 2011, 06:39 PM |#13  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag North Yorkshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi4012

i did all that i have teh sdk installed

Hmmm so you have tried all sorts of things? and z4root doesn't work?
18th August 2011, 06:54 PM |#14  
Flag North Yorkshire

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsplatt

i used revolutionary cwm, loaded rmk's root zip, and wound up in a permanent bootscreen. so i flashed rmk gingersense r1 rom, and now i dont have cwm anymore. it just boots normal. wtfdid? do i need to reinstall cwm every time i flash the rom? any tips would be appreciated. total root newb if you couldn't tell.

Nah man you shouldn't need to install it every single time bro, you got any logcats or things you could send me?
18th August 2011, 08:03 PM |#15  
Flag North Yorkshire

More
or a recovery log? that would be awesome, if you don't know how to get these i'll teach you just pop over to the IRC if not then i'll tell you on here, it's fine
18th August 2011, 08:59 PM |#16  
How can I sign a ROM or a bootloader for Samsung Recovery 3E?
18th August 2011, 09:00 PM |#17  
Flag Greensboro, NC
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Where was this thread 4 months ago when I was not getting any sleep. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Smurph82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Smurph82 Ad-Free
18th August 2011, 09:05 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 846

Donate to Me
More
1. How to sync htc kernel sources (2.6.35.10) with upstream linux kernel 2.6.35.14 to apply newer bfs patches? And where should i look for various patches (like OC patches for example)
3. Compiled bcm4329.ko never workes for me, gotta stick to stock one. What am i missing?
2. I've managed to adjust HTC Wildfire Cyanogenmod device config to compile CWM and CM.7.1.0 for HTC Wildfire, however builds are troubled with various bugs (framebuffer in cwm and not working touchscreen in CM). What is the correct way to debug various parts of ported Android, and again - what am i missing.
3. Where should i look for some documentation about making configs for android build system - for example what TARGET_LIBAGL_USE_GRALLOC_COPYBITS := true mean, and is there complete list of these defines.
Thank you in advance
18th August 2011, 09:05 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I'd like to try and become a developer, mainly because my Samsung Droid Charge hasn't received any AOSP love yet and I want to try and help the dev(s) that are working on it, also I would like to make my own rom. But I have no idea where to start, and I have questions like do I need Linux, do I need to/where do I learn terminal commands, how does smali/baksmali work, how to compile/decompile, how does github work, what is a toolchain, do I need to know how to code, do I need to know any languages, what is Eclipse...stuff like that. I'm a complete noob at this kind of stuff and I feel it's a bit far out of my reach but I'm willing to give it a shot if I can get a decent start. I realize it won't just happen overnight, I have the patience to keep learning and doing research to figure it out, but I would like help getting started.
18th August 2011, 09:13 PM |#20  
Salt Lake City, Utah
Thanks Meter: 428

More
@samuel2706: I have a Droid x2 and as you it has a locked bootloader. I also have a Galaxy Tab 7" which does NOT have a locked bootloader. I've been in Android for a very very long time, I am an experience flasher and rooter, but I want to get into the development side.

Could you direct me to what I need to read up on and learn about and do for me to become a developer? I would like to develop from my devices, I know that a locked bootloader steeply limits what I can do, that's why I am more interested in developing for my tablet. I mean a lot of things interest me. I look at my logcat on my devices, I see errors, and I just want to go in and fix them, I want to make my device smooth as butter, lol.

I'm also interested in finding an exploit of some sort for my Droid x2 so that I can crack it. There has gotta be a way to crack it open.

Thanks!!!
18th August 2011, 09:17 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thumbs up Stock rooted Gingerbread for HTC Inspire
Hey Samuel. Thanks for doing this. I got my Inspire about a weeks ago, rooted it the day I got it, and have been lurking these forums since. Saw this opportunity to ask a n00b question, and registered. So, I'm looking for a stock, rooted Gingerbread ROM. It was suggested I don't return my phone to stock, update, and then re-root. Not sure why, but I'll listen. Thanks in advance, and thanks for doing this.
-MM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, developer, irc, questions, support

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)