How to upgrade to the M8 from my S4 ?

Search This thread

Zorachus

Dec 15, 2010
Lombard, IL.
I just signed up with ATT, last September, I have the S4. But would like to get the new One (M8).

I thought I read an article few months ago, saying there was a new upgrade feature at ATT, that will let upgrade to a new phone, if you've been on your current contract / phone for at least 6 months in good standing. Which I am.

Is that true ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

kevinallen4325

Mar 19, 2012
Unless you signed up for that specific plan I think your best bet is to sell the s4 and pay out right for the m8. You can still get a good chunk of cash for the s4 and probably still have to pay around 200 for the HTC. Which is about the normal cost of an upgrade anyways. This is what I always do.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using xda app-developers app

Chris V

Apr 23, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Go in and say you want the NEXT program. Get an upgrade now and then get one every year after that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using xda app-developers app

Bammeh

Aug 5, 2013
Atlanta
I don;t know how well this will apply for you, but my contract expires in September. I chatted with AT&T online and told them that my current HTC One was broken and I wanted to upgrade to the M8, and I was wondering if there was anything they could do for me. She got her manager to override it for me. Although, I've been a customer of AT&T for over 15 years...

WhiteSRT69

Sep 21, 2012
Budd Lake
they might let you upgrade early if you go with there Jump Plans
thats what i did, but i was only 2 months away from my actual upgrade date

Vandam500

Apr 7, 2010
Yep, you can upgrade just fine. As previously mentioned just mention that you want to upgrade with the Next program. You can keep your S4 too so would be a nice way to get 300-400 if you sell it.

All you'll have to pay up front is taxes which varies by state (I paid $44) and choose the 12 month or 18 month upgrade term (Upgrade again in 12 or 18 months).

Good luck!

Moose3

Jan 18, 2014
You're eligible for AT&T next regardless of when you last upgraded. Otherwise, you'll have to steal an upgrade from another line on the account or pay full price.