Tethering does not work, USB or Wifi! SOLVED!!

Search This thread

Karlos G

Nov 19, 2009
Running 2.3.3 Generic UK ROM, boot loader locked, not rooted, just completely stock!
As soon as I enable tethering (wifi or usb) the phone drops the data connection (H, 3G, etc. disappears from the notification bar) and my laptop says connected but no internet connection, as soon as I disable tethering the data connection comes back.
I have tried disabling and re-enabling data whilst tethered and it will flick up for a second then disappear again!

This is really annoying as I used to use tethering quite a bit with my X10 Mini!

Any idea's welcome!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Karlos G

Nov 19, 2009
It's quite a big problem IMO, one of the major functions I want to be able to use and cant!!

chanshuikay

Nov 14, 2010
London
i had exactly the same problem, sent the phone off to sony ericsson for repair, waiting for it to come back.... see what happens...

pierreti

Nov 18, 2010
i am experiencing the same problem. I could tether nicely with my X10 and now with my newer and faster Arc, I can't share wifi, which is annoying when I'm out with my ipad and need a wifi connection :(

SE! we need a fix ASAP!

Ambroos

Aug 11, 2010
Dublin / Belgium
I've done some tethering with 3.0.1.A.0.145 and it worked flawlessly? Multiple devices at the same time, all of them had pretty smooth internet!

Karlos G

Nov 19, 2009
Lucky you!! :rolleyes: lol :p
This problem still exists for me, I try again everynow and then and have only had it work once with a friends iPhone4 connected.

ZaQX10

Nov 2, 2010
Does it help if you put ",dun" under APN settings>APN Type ?

If there is something already under APN type field just put a ",dun" next to it, save settings and try it by turning on Wifi hotspot.

Or if the field is empty just put there "default,dun" save setting and try.

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Donkey3000

Karlos G

Nov 19, 2009
This worked for me!!!! :D

All you need to do is go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names

Select your active APN

Scroll down to "APN Type" and click on it

Add ",dun" to the APN Type of your active APN. eg APN Type = "default,supl,dun"

After editing this, you should be able to turn on the Portable Hotspot without the 3G mobile data connection dropping out.

Last edited:

Donkey3000

Jun 7, 2009
Brantford
Many thanks guys! I just added ",dun" to mine. Now tethering using this (Rogers) to write this reply!

If there is something already under APN type field just put a ",dun" next to it, save settings and try it by turning on Wifi hotspot.

Hope it helps.

All you need to do is go to Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> Mobile Networks -> Access Point Names

Select your active APN

After editing this, you should be able to turn on the Portable Hotspot without the 3G mobile data connection dropping out.

pierreti

Nov 18, 2010

Select your active APN

wow! many thanks! how did you figure this out or come across this information? i was totally missing this feature and had no way to share wifi to my tablet, but now i can!

thanks again!

Oct 21, 2011
I upgraded to 2.3.3 on a Droid 2. I unlocked and rooted the phone but the Wifi no matter which program I use goes to the Verizon site which warns me that I have to pay twenty dollars a month. Has anyone fixed this yet or is there a URL I can go to to solve this issue? If not can someone provide me with a one click fix to go back to the Froyo, and an URL for that?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Select your active APN

Hope it helps.