[ROM][OFFICIAL] CyanogenMod 10.1 Preview & Nightly Builds for Samsung Epic 4G

Search This thread

CMTeamEpic

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 21, 2012
CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
#include 
/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
 */

This is a preview build of CM10.1 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are not already on an official CM10 or CM10.1 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. Currently, the partition sizes are the same between CM10 and CM10.1

Recommended steps before you install:
1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM10.1 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM10.1 build, or a modified/patched Official CM10.1 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

Nightly Install Instructions:
1. Download from get.cm. Pay attention to the filenames. Don't grab a CM9 or CM10 build by mistake!
2. Reboot into recovery and install.

Nightly Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#epicmtd/cm10.1/next

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them. Recommended and highly suggested are the 4.2.1 gapps from goo.im. Any other versions could result in problems.

Known Issues:

- Bluetooth still needs some work. Things work (audio, tethering, file transfers) although they might not work every time. Also, there is a chance that it will get stuck "Turning bluetooth off..." when you attempt to, well, turn bluetooth off. If this happens, your best bet is to reboot your phone before the system bogs down due to logcat spam.

- Wired headset mic & buttons.

Previous preview Builds - Jellybean 4.2.1
**Do not report bug to the bug tracker if you are using this build.**

cm-10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-10.1-20130120-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-10.1-20130101-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-10.1-20121221-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
cm-10.1-20121213-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip md5: a725db4df65a6229f7c5d69e33907756

Last edited:

bbelos

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2011
Chicago
Yes Sir ... will do :p
Question ... what's the trick to getting TitaniumBackup to work ? keep getting the "not rooted" error message :eek:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Hmm. Is this on a clean install? I seem to recall having that happen to me once a while back. I might have fixed it by clearing the Superuser data, but I'll have to think about it more if that doesn't work. It should work, because I use TB all the time on mine.

Reactions: didhiy and TexasLTE

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Hmm. Is this on a clean install? I seem to recall having that happen to me once a while back. I might have fixed it by clearing the Superuser data, but I'll have to think about it more if that doesn't work. It should work, because I use TB all the time on mine.

Yes ... totally clean install ... my other apps that require root access were no problem ... I uninstalled and reinstalled it twice already but still get same error ... :confused:

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Sherrillface

Jul 12, 2011
Columbus
I can't get no gapps to work googleservices.process.errors tried 1130 and 1212 no dice can't use play store and
Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda app-developers app

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I KNEW IT!!! FXXK THE SPEED YOU DEVS BUILD AFTER THE REBRANCH! AWESOME JOB!

Sent from HTC Incredible S @ CM10

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

This is a preview build of CM10.1 for the Samsung Epic 4G. It may cause all the things in the disclaimer to happen, or steal your girlfriend while you are busy flashing ROMs.

Please submit a patch to our Gerrit instance if you want to help out.

WARNING: If you are not already on an official CM10 or CM10.1 build, this will wipe your data due to a resizing of the mtd partitions. If you wish to go back to another ROM, you will need to ODIN back to stock. Currently, the partition sizes are the same between CM10 and CM10.1

Recommended steps before you install:
    1. Install AppBak from Market, run it and save a list of all your apps.
    2. Install SMS Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your SMS history.
    3. Install Call Logs Backup and Restore from Market, run it and backup your call log history.
    4. Boot into CWM recovery. Make a full Backup. You will need this backup later if you decide to go back to your previous ROM and data.
    5. It is recommended that you wipe data before installing CM10.1 for the first time.

Additional Disclaimer:
    Any bug reports coming from an Unofficial CM10.1 build, or a modified/patched Official CM10.1 build (modem patch, kernels, etc.) should be directed to the originating thread. It is hard enough to provide bug support for the official releases without having to worry about bugs that may have been introduced by outside means. Bug reports are very welcome if you can reproduce them after flashing back to an official, stock build. We do want to be able to fix all the things. Thank you.

Nightly Install Instructions:
    1. Download from get.cm. Pay attention to the filenames. Don't grab a CM9 or CM10 build by mistake!
    2. Reboot into recovery and install.

Nightly Changelog: http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#epicmtd/cm10.1/next

**Google Apps are not included in these ROMs. You'll need to install those yourself if you want them. Recommended and highly suggested are the 4.2.1 gapps from goo.im. Any other versions could result in problems.

Known Issues:

- Bluetooth still needs some work. Things work (audio, tethering, file transfers) although they might not work every time. Also, there is a chance that it will get stuck "Turning bluetooth off..." when you attempt to, well, turn bluetooth off. If this happens, your best bet is to reboot your phone before the system bogs down due to logcat spam.

- Wired headset mic & buttons.

Previous preview Builds - Jellybean 4.2.1
    **Do not report bug to the bug tracker if you are using this build.**

cm-10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.1-20130101-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.1-20121221-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
    cm-10.1-20121213-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip md5: a725db4df65a6229f7c5d69e33907756
    New Build, Jellybean 4.4.2

Here you are, a fresh build with the new Jellybean 4.2.2. That said, I don't know if there are any new bugs introduced by the new code changes.

- I have been using my BT headset for a few hours, doing my best to make it fail. So far it has been running very well, although I'm not going to declare it fixed yet. It's still early and I might just be getting lucky.

- I am not yet aware of any new gapps, so keep using the 4.2.1 gapps from goo. I did a dirty flash over my previous 4.2.1 build and haven't noticed any issues yet. YMMV.

Download cm-10.1-20130215-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip

New Build

New build. I accidentally missed the M1 build, but this should be pretty close. Nightlies should be in the somewhat near future.

No promises but check this build for any improvement in BT. It includes a test patch (more than just the upstream BT merges). The issues seem to still exist, but I've been having somewhat better luck.. with some things.

It could be a coincidence but here are some observations:
    Pro:
    - Better chance that BT will turn off and back on again.
    - Better chance that the device will connect each time.
    -- When the device doesn't connect, turning BT off/on will allow it to connect (maybe a couple times as necessary).

Con:
    - When using Apollo: If I let an album get to the end and stop audio on it's own, BT audio seems to stop working when beginning a new album. Needs more testing but it's happened more than once. Reboot will usually fix it. Maybe I need to stop letting the album end on its own :p I also need to test other music apps for similar behavior to rule out an Apollo bug.
    - Maybe more, but I forget for now. Let me know if anything is better.

New Preview Build.

Still just some upstream updates:

- This has the new version of the lockscreen/homescreen clock/calendar/weather widget (You may recognize it from CM10)
    - Probably more... poke around :)

I know it's a couple days old already, things have still been a little crazy as the holidays wrap up.

Download cm-10.1-20130101-EXPERIMENTAL-epicmtd.zip
    The cm-10.1.3 stable build has a flaw with the hardware keyboard arrow keys. Flash the zip in this post to fix it.