Everything LG G2 Stock Kit Kat

Search This thread

fjgotgame24

Mar 24, 2009
Ok I'll try tonight, appreciate the help

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

After I find the cache/for a folder what am I supposed to do? Run the script?

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

I got it, thanks a bunch

tcg-2

Dec 23, 2013
stuck on 'a previous version is already running'

The first time I clicked on software update today, it showed that a 700mb update was available. I clicked the back button so that I could prep my device (deactivate exposed mods, disable tasker, move around hotspot files, etc). I did all that, rebooted, then went back to software update (in settings), and the little pop up appears saying 'a previous version is already running'!

Wtf is going on? I even twrp'ed back to when it had worked and saw the same thing. Thanks!

Verizon lg g2, stock ROM, xposed, free gee twrp recovery.

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
The first time I clicked on software update today, it showed that a 700mb update was available. I clicked the back button so that I could prep my device (deactivate exposed mods, disable tasker, move around hotspot files, etc). I did all that, rebooted, then went back to software update (in settings), and the little pop up appears saying 'a previous version is already running'!

Wtf is going on? I even twrp'ed back to when it had worked and saw the same thing. Thanks!

Verizon lg g2, stock ROM, xposed, free gee twrp recovery.

well first things first if you want to install with twrp and not bootloop I recommend using either Xdabbebs ota install or Xdabbeb's kk Rom if not then the only way you would be able to install the ota would be by flashing back to stock(you have modified the sytem partition a lot plus have custom recovery the ota would either bootloop or refuse to install)

tcg-2

Dec 23, 2013
well first things first if you want to install with twrp and not bootloop I recommend using either Xdabbebs ota install or Xdabbeb's kk Rom if not then the only way you would be able to install the ota would be by flashing back to stock(you have modified the sytem partition a lot plus have custom recovery the ota would either bootloop or refuse to install)
Thanks for the quick response. What if I want to update without twrp?

aasjyb

Aug 13, 2013
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10
hotspot mod

Could you add any links to any hotspot mods that have been updated for the Verizon VS980 and other variants. I updated through OTA and cant find a straight answer on finding a mod for a stock 24a build.

osmosizzz

Dec 13, 2010
Central Jersey. That's it
Anyone highly upset that battery on kit Kat is not as great at jellybean? I meant battery life was still good but I was able to un plug at 7 and hit 60% at 17:00. Now I'm hitting 50% after 8 hours :/.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

asdfvtn

Feb 3, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Anyone highly upset that battery on kit Kat is not as great at jellybean? I meant battery life was still good but I was able to un plug at 7 and hit 60% at 17:00. Now I'm hitting 50% after 8 hours :/.

I'm sharing your thoughts over here on a D803. Screen time went down from about 5 hours to 4 hours with roughly the same usage.

agentfusion

Jun 27, 2009
Baltimore
wr3tch.com
OnePlus 9
Does anyone know where to get a good ZVC radio? I was running stock ZVC and used autorec to get twrp running, then I did a nand backup and flashed a ZVA rom. there was NO sound so I had to flash a ZVA radio to go with it... but now when I try to restore my ZVC backup it obviously hangs at the Sprint logo because I'm running a ZVA radio.

is there a reliable ZVC radio that can be flashed that won't brick me, stick me in fastboot, or boot loop? or am I stuck copying my ZVC backup and all my music to my usb stick and using flashtool to zv7->zv8->ZVA->ZVC then root and autorec and copy my backup back to the phone and restore in twrp?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Does anyone know where to get a good ZVC radio? I was running stock ZVC and used autorec to get twrp running, then I did a nand backup and flashed a ZVA rom. there was NO sound so I had to flash a ZVA radio to go with it... but now when I try to restore my ZVC backup it obviously hangs at the Sprint logo because I'm running a ZVA radio.

is there a reliable ZVC radio that can be flashed that won't brick me, stick me in fastboot, or boot loop? or am I stuck copying my ZVC backup and all my music to my usb stick and using flashtool to zv7->zv8->ZVA->ZVC then root and autorec and copy my backup back to the phone and restore in twrp?

if he radio is the same thing as the baseband you can grab the ls980 baseband from cloudyfa's files

aasjyb

Aug 13, 2013
Amazon Fire HD 8 and HD 10

Same here, my battery life has definitely taken a hit.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Now that I had a chance to mess around with stock KitKat on my VS980, I want to try out a custom rom and XDABBEB'S build seems to be the most popular, so I want to give it a shot. I am on stock 24a OTA, so can I just root my phone and install the latest TWRP and wipe all data and flash xdabbeb_vs98024a_v1.0.0.zip or do I also need to flash xdabbeb_vs98024a_bootstack.zip?

XxZombiePikachu

Jul 25, 2013
Florida
Same here, my battery life has definitely taken a hit.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Now that I had a chance to mess around with stock KitKat on my VS980, I want to try out a custom rom and XDABBEB'S build seems to be the most popular, so I want to give it a shot. I am on stock 24a OTA, so can I just root my phone and install the latest TWRP and wipe all data and flash xdabbeb_vs98024a_v1.0.0.zip or do I also need to flash xdabbeb_vs98024a_bootstack.zip?

since you are already on kitkat you don't need to flash the bootstack, but you can always play it safe and flash it just in case you never know

Reactions: aasjyb

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay so I've been noticing a lot of threads lately asking kk this, kk that, kk them, etc. So I decided to make a thread to help some people and reduce the amount of repetitive questions on the Q&A and will try to keep it up to date during my free time.

Getting KK-
    Flashing Guide
    How to Flash to Stock
    If the kitkat kdz file for your device is not there you can look in here:
    KitKat KDZ's
    Multiple Stock KDZ's/TOT's
    D800
    Flash KitKat the Easy Way
    Flash the LGFlashTool way
    D801 T-Mobile
    Flash Via Recovery
    D803
    Post #10 has KDZ
    LS980
    Flash OTA with TWRP
    VS980
    ota install
    vzw kdz link

Why it shows rooted download mode after flashing KitKat kdz/rom-
    4.4.2 Root Checker

Unrooting and unrooted download mode:
    How to unroot
    Show unrooted in download mode

Next is root and recovery-

IOroot has been updated to v25 and can root most devices on kk IOroot25
    T-Mobile's D801 is having problems with root on 4.4.2 because of issues with stock recovery, but they have a dedicated thread which you can check out and read often to see if they figure out how to root it

Recovery is now available without all the downgrading hassle, as long as you rooted with ioroot25 you can:
    1) check out Cloudy's AutoRec to download and install custom recovery on KitKat
    2) for Verizon g2 owners only you can check out Freedom Tools

If you want kk, root and custom recovery then try the following(once I can find them for other models, if anybody can share a link i'll update with other models):
    D800
    PowerUser
    D80020c Stock
    D80020k Stock Rooted
    D801
    t-mo recovery/root/kernels
    D802
    d802 flashable kk
    D801/D803(Claro, Rogers, Others)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2611749 (I haven't tried this/don't have the device so do so at your own risk)
    VS980
    Xdabbeb's Rom

Custom Kit Kat Roms
    DPI Rom
    Spiderio's 380 DPI Rom

Wireless Tethering:
    @xdabbeb Hotspot Provision (VS980 kk only)
    D800 SQLite Method

There are also custom kernels for kk-
    D80X/LS980/VS980
    Dorimanx Kernel
    D80X/VS980/F320
    SimpleKernel
    D801
    dr87 kernel
    JassyKernel
    D802
    Piasek Kernel

Xposed
    Xposed Installer

Xposed Mods
    G2 Xposed
    G2 TweaksBox

Camera Mods
    Xdabbeb's Camera Mod
    Jishnu's Camera Mod

Sound Mods
    SonyXperiaWalkman Mod

Mods
    New Features
    LG Pie Support

Bugs/Fixes(When I have more time I'll add more as I find them)

Apparently there is a bug in which when using auxiliary cables/headphones where there is a crackling/hissing sound in the background, I cannot comment on this since I have not experienced it and I use auxiliary cables every weekend for dj stuff and I also use headphones at least once everyday. There is now a fix for this using G2TweaksBox

So I remember from the very beginning everyone complained that there battery was being drained by Bluetooth right after flash without ever wiping/factory resetting, but I have been using kitkat for about two months now and if after 12 hours it's used 5% then wow that's not a drain, the Bluetooth now works in a low energy state just like Wi-Fi so that even if it's off it's always on in a low energy state which means its not draining your battery.

When I have more time I will add more stuff that is stock kit kat related
    Hello. I have a very big issue with my g2. Tried to hard reset it but it is not working with the normal way. When i press volume button down and power when The logo appears i release the power and after i press it again but The phone boots normally. Now after some tryings now The battery is draining very fast. 2% in 2 minutes. Plase help me in this issue because i do not know what to do. Without factory reset i can not solve anything but i can not reala that meu. Like i said The phone is booting normally even if i use The normal Way.
    Thank you in advance.

Hey you don't mention device or what software version you are on but hey there are two methods now depending on what update your device is on then you are probably using wrong method to factory reset/get into recovery below are the 2 different methods:
    Method one- before knock code update
    -power off phone
    -Hold volume down+power button
    -When you see lg logo let go and hold volume down+power button until you see factory reset screen
    -press power button 2-3 times

Method two- after knock code update
    -power off phone
    -Hold volume down+power button
    -When you see lg logo let go and hold volume down+volume up until you see factory reset screen
    -press power button 2-3 times
    After rooting stock KK with ioroot25, isn't it possible to install a recovery? you just need to flash a patched kernel with loki enabled after flashing the recovery to boot back into "stock" rom

No the kit Kat bootloader patched our recovery/Loki exploit, if it were that easy there wouldn't be so many people bricking their devices on kk after getting root

Sent from my LG-D800 running stock kk, rooted with philz using XDA app
    Bugs(When I have more time I'll add more as I find them)

Apparently there is a bug in which when using auxiliary cables/headphones where there is a crackling/hissing sound in the background, I cannot comment on this since I have not experienced it and I use auxiliary cables every weekend for dj stuff and I also use headphones at least once everyday.

For now, this bug can be fixed by:

How can i fully fix headset issues ?
    1)Copy this file to system/etc/
    2)Open G2 TweaksBox------------>Sound Tweaks--------------->Fix Hissing Headset issues
    3)Reboot and Enjoy(If you have rebooted with the headsets plugged in remember to unplug them because the mod is activated when you plugin the headset.)

G2 TweaksBox thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2549923

[Q] If there are OTA updates by LG(e.g. addition of knockcode), and I am rooted on stock kikat with stock recovery, can I take the update?
    Hello,

So my wife bought me a G2 and it is on it's way tomorrow. But I am kinda confused as to whether or not I can take the OTA and still root with recovery as well and not brick it. I am normally familiar with Samsung and HTC because that is what I buy. I really would appreciate any guidance because this device has a ton of threads and various articles that conflict in my opinion. I will keep on searching otherwise. Thanks

I say this to everyone who ask you cannot ota with custom recovery because you will bootloop/soft brick, so to put it simple:
    ota+root=nothing bad will happen
    ota+custom recovery=bootloop/soft brick