Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Otterbox Defender for Galaxy Note Pro 12.2

443 posts
Thanks Meter: 103

By *Omnipresent*, Senior Member on 4th June 2014, 05:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm considering getting one. Anyone else?

http://www.otterbox.com/Defender-Ser...efault,pd.html

4th June 2014, 08:52 PM |#2  
Flag Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 306

More
Wow that's about the cost of a 3 year squaretrade warranty with accidental coverage ($125 with a 35% off coupon code floating around).
11th June 2014, 10:06 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 82

More
Thumbs up My recommendation - go for the i-Blason
Hi
It looks amazing but if you are looking for something less expensive, I would recommend the "i-Blason Armored Dual Layer Hybrid Full-body Protective Cover with Kickstand and Impact Resistant Bumpers".
(search on Amazon)
amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IT3UBX6

That's what I got and it was a great choice!
It's an high quality product and gives you the same protection that you are looking for...
regards
Ray
12th June 2014, 05:48 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I have one on my iPad. I have been waiting for them to come out with one for the Note, but the price is very off-putting. $99 is pretty much my limit.
14th June 2014, 05:33 AM |#5  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 19

More
The Otterbox is $120.00. The i-Blason is $49.95 and it looks very close to the Otterbox. This One is $14.95 and is the exact same thing as the i-Blason. I've ordered one - I'll let you know how good it is when I get it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrktmind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Mrktmind Ad-Free
15th June 2014, 11:21 PM |#6  
Flag Enschede, The Netherlands
Thanks Meter: 1,339

More
Just don't expect the same specs in terms of impact resistance as an Otterbox when buying a cheaper variant.

I'm debating getting the Otterbox. My past experiences with their products are excellent, and this thing feels quite fragile. It does look massive, though...
The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowLea For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ShadowLea Ad-Free
16th June 2014, 12:52 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrktmind

The Otterbox is $120.00. The i-Blason is $49.95 and it looks very close to the Otterbox. This One is $14.95 and is the exact same thing as the i-Blason. I've ordered one - I'll let you know how good it is when I get it.

I have the iblason one. It was well worth the investment.

I'm sure the otterbox may be a bit better, but I'd rather have the iblason+square trade warranty for about the same price of just the otterbox.
19th June 2014, 04:49 AM |#8  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 100

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrktmind

I had one of those for my 10.1. Wasn't worth the 15 bucks.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wingdo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wingdo Ad-Free
20th June 2014, 05:02 AM |#9  
Flag Dayton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Just got the $15 I-Blason version. Overall the case is very similar to my otterbox's with one exception.

The I-Blason doesn't come with the built-in screen protector like otterbox's do. I like the otterbox's screen protector because it doesn't actually adhere to the screen. Oh well it was worth the try.
20th June 2014, 08:27 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
This case
http://www.amazon.com/LV-Resistant-F...+note+pro+case

Is about the same as the I-blason. It has good reviews too and is also cheaper.
20th June 2014, 08:41 PM |#11  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanbaoquan15

This case
http://www.amazon.com/LV-Resistant-F...+note+pro+case

Is about the same as the I-blason. It has good reviews too and is also cheaper.

I got this one. Not terrible, but I'll still be getting the OtterBox.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)