[ROM][GT-P6810][JB 4.1.2][ODIN][Stock Rooted MD3]

Search This thread

bodivas

Oct 18, 2010
Milan-Italy
Hi to all!
I bought yesterday P6810..
Here i ported full stock official 4.1.2 from P6800 for P6810
Flash with Odin PC or MobileOdin (i repacked stock kernel & recovery, so the counter is ticking., with MobileOdin-no)
Rom is absolutely stock
Auto-Full Wipe (will delete all your data, settings and formats the internal memory)
Good flash!

Added:
-Root (SuperSu)
-Auto factory reset
-Multilanguage Keyboard Samsung (you can add any language)
-Flashplayer
-Full screen
-Screen filter
-Simple image

Download Full Wipe Stock Odex Rooted P6810 4.1.2
View attachment 2322107
P6810.jpg

Download Multiwindows Stock Deodex Rooted P6810 4.1.2 (after flash this Rom, in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset)

If you want CRT effect on multwindow rom, flash my compiled stock kernel (or SkyHigh Kernel):
View attachment Stock_CRT_P6810_kernel_4_1_2.tar.zip

Credits:
-Chainfire
-Morloc2
-THEDEVIOUS1
-UpInTheAir
-yurasik park

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Account currently disabled
Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Thanks for sharing your efforts. Appreciated for our much maligned forgotten tab.

Sorry, can't provide any feedback, as I'm away at work for a considerable period.

BTW, why did you want to buy an outdated tab that Samsung washed its hands of a long long time ago?

Cheers,

UITA

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: bodivas

furius

Sep 6, 2009
Good! I'll give it a try ... Can you provide a flashable from recovery zip?
I'm not a ROM developer so forgive me for noob questions ... Why did it take so long porting official jb from p6800 to p6810? And why no one else did it before?

Inviato dal mio GT-p6810 con Tapatalk 4

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Good! I'll give it a try ... Can you provide a flashable from recovery zip?
I'm not a ROM developer so forgive me for noob questions ... Why did it take so long porting official jb from p6800 to p6810? And why no one else did it before?

Inviato dal mio GT-p6810 con Tapatalk 4

Time and other commitments :)

Reactions: furius

Jaevlar

Aug 3, 2010
Seems to perform really well. No major hiccups a reboot hasn't been able to cure. Great work.

By the way, is the brickbug fixed?

Reactions: bodivas

bodivas

Oct 18, 2010
Milan-Italy
Thanks for sharing your efforts. Appreciated for our much maligned forgotten tab.

Sorry, can't provide any feedback, as I'm away at work for a considerable period.
Works great, do not believe it, but it was enough to just change the mount points in the initramfs (...blk0p10 etc..):D. I have compiled the kernel from source of p6800 with this initramfs and everything works fine.. Try to use this ramdisk for your kernel..
View attachment initramfs.tar.gz

BTW, why did you want to buy an outdated tab that Samsung washed its hands of a long long time ago?
I found a used, but like new. I took only for the matrix amoled ..

Last edited:

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
Works great, do not believe it, but it was enough to just change the mount points in the initramfs (...blk0p10 etc..):D. I have compiled the kernel from source of p6800 with this initramfs and everything works fine.. Try to use this ramdisk for your kernel..
View attachment 2324277

I found a used, but like new. I took only for the matrix amoled ..

Thanks for that.

I will be purchasing a Note 3 (sm-n900 Octa international) when I return home in a few weeks (selling SGS4). I will be keeping this tab, but passing it to my 9yo son to enjoy. :)

First I need to set up my build environment from scratch (Ubuntu update screwed up) taking a little time, but rest assured, I will be compiling and releasing a SkyHigh kernel for this port. I have some more tweaking and changes to do, so hopefully there will be a few kernel releases yet for both P6810 & P6800 JB MD3 kernels ;)

I enjoy the challenge and headache :)

Reactions: Jaevlar

UpInTheAir

Jan 17, 2011
Phuket, Thailand
By the way, is the brickbug fixed?

JB kernel from official 4.1.2 source or firmware is not affected by "brick-bug".

Edit: if coming from ICS, do not factory reset from with stock android recovery or unpatched ICS kernel. Wipe AFTER flashing this JB ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaevlar

someth1ng

Aug 12, 2012
If you flash, it wipes anyway - I think.

It's amazing how much smoother JB is...

The old firmwares were all junk.

fastest

Jun 30, 2005
Excellent! Can't wait to try this...

Does this mean we can finally use the multi window mod? :D

Sent from my GT-p6810

guisof

Feb 5, 2008
Excellent

From the Galaxy now Free

---------- Post added at 08:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

I can't wait being back home to test this ! And got up in the air to adapt it

From the Galaxy now Free

northender

Dec 11, 2010
Anybody got Titanium backup working with this rom? It keeps locking up when I try to restore apps.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

ljepava

May 23, 2008
Sibenik
thx, finally 4.12 on p6810.

Is it possible for you to upload same rom but without fullscreen, samsung bloatware ....

thx, man

Morloc2

Jan 4, 2013
how can I save the apps that I have in ICS?

or is it better to install it like new app?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all!
    I bought yesterday P6810..
    Here i ported full stock official 4.1.2 from P6800 for P6810
    Flash with Odin PC or MobileOdin (i repacked stock kernel & recovery, so the counter is ticking., with MobileOdin-no)
    Rom is absolutely stock
    Auto-Full Wipe (will delete all your data, settings and formats the internal memory)
    Good flash!

Added:
    -Root (SuperSu)
    -Auto factory reset
    -Multilanguage Keyboard Samsung (you can add any language)
    -Flashplayer
    -Full screen
    -Screen filter
    -Simple image

Download Full Wipe Stock Odex Rooted P6810 4.1.2

Download Multiwindows Stock Deodex Rooted P6810 4.1.2 (after flash this Rom, in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset)

If you want CRT effect on multwindow rom, flash my compiled stock kernel (or SkyHigh Kernel):
    View attachment Stock_CRT_P6810_kernel_4_1_2.tar.zip

Credits:
    -Chainfire
    -Morloc2
    -THEDEVIOUS1
    -UpInTheAir
    -yurasik park
    For those wanting to see a custom kernel for this puppy....

Just returned home from 2 months away and have (hopefully) successfully re-setup my build environment. Send ok ATM.

Just complied a test SkyHigh kernel and unsure if it will even boot yet. When have time, Will be flashing the ROM port later today and hopefully the compiled kernel will boot. Fingers crossed :)

Edit: first attempt is bootloop !

Edit 2: going back to ICS to check a try compile to see if it's the build/compile process......

Edit 3: Some partial success. Unfortunately, I haven't yet been able to compile the P6800 v3.8.0 kernel into our P6810 JB port without bootloop. (maybe a mount issue somewhere?). Anyway, just to prove my build envirnoment is sound, I compiled a absolutley stock test kernel from P6800 sources (with bodivas initramfs mount point changes) with SUCCESS. This means that if I can't use my previous P6800 sources, I have to start this kernel development from the beginning. If this is the case, it will take a little time, but you will see a release in a few days time.

Just keep an eye out for a new kernel thread in the development section !

test1_Screenshot_2013-11-09-06-09-24.png

Edit 4
    : Yeah :) Better news !!

Have most of v3.8.0 kenel ported for our P6810 SkyHigh kernel. As I suspected, there is a mount issue in the intramfs, possibly the vold mod??? I can start to narrow things down later. In the meantime, I will re-compile a RC beta very soon. I'm just a bit tired, but my mood is on the upswing ;) The beta will have most of the P6800 options, but exFAT, some tweaking, custom bootanimation & boot sound support etc missing for now.

STAY TUNED !!

Custom Kernel Available

>>> [KERNEL] ROOT [09 Nov] [P6810 JB 4.1.2] SkyHigh Kernel [1.0.0] <<<

Thanks to bodivas for the initramfs mount point suggestion :good:

Still lots to do, and a few bugs to take care. But it's working well !!

Cheers,

UITA
    Yes... The only thing that is still present is the icon to toggle mobile data in the quick settings bar...
    I'm tired of fighting that icon:rolleyes:

I did the firmware deodexed multi windows / languages, after flash (with Odin), in recovery, need to do wipe data / factory reset (added rom in first page)
    Download
    View attachment 2364582View attachment 2364583View attachment 2364584
    Thanks for your work.

But I've noticed something using GSAM Battery Monitor. There seems to be a problem with the phone radio, which shouldnt happen as the p6810 is a Wi-fi only tablet. But does because we are using a rom that was originally intended for the p6800.

Even with the Airplane Mode On, the phone radio was still consuming some battery power. About 10% of the battery drainage was due to that phone radio, according to GSAM battery monitor.

So, for everyone using that rom, i advice you to delete the phone apk that can be found in

preload/symlink/system/app/secphone.apk

After deleting it and rebooting the tablet, that battery waste will be no more.

So hopefully, deleting that apk should increase the battery life of our tablet.

Hope that helps.
    Thanks, it will be done .. You must clear in system/app/secphone.apk too (so that annoying icon disappears:victory:)
    Screenshot_2013-10-31-19-05-19.jpg

Will post the new rooted multilanguage firmware UI06 and the Instruction of how to unlock function call for similar japonese Docomo tablet 7.7 SC-01E

Edit: I posted guide how to unlock the ability to make and receive calls for Docomo SC-01E here