FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
H10 Turbo

[ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable ROM

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 544

By electron73, Senior Member on 22nd January 2013, 07:13 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd January 2013, 03:47 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electron73

Hmm ok, definitely good to hear that it ran through the 2nd time. Maybe I should kick the FS checks out. They are still left over from last time where we had all those partition problems...
If you want, go check in the /cache dir for any log files left by CWM, maybe there's something in there.

Btw. Thank you for the generous donation! It is very much appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I think the logs from the successful install are there but I don't see anything from the unsuccessful one, as far as I can tell.

RE: the donation, I meant to give you something from the original LP10 update and I just plumb forgot (after telling you that I was going to send something), so I figured that there was some interest involved. Thanks to all of your hard work.

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by esoh

I think the logs from the successful install are there but I don't see anything from the unsuccessful one, as far as I can tell.

RE: the donation, I meant to give you something from the original LP10 update and I just plumb forgot (after telling you that I was going to send something), so I figured that there was some interest involved. Thanks to all of your hard work.

Also, regarding the current ROM, I really curious about the supposed batt life increases. My tab at this point is barely getting 4-5 hours screen time with it set fairly dim. Is that normal or should I be getting more that that? I don't suppose that a ROM update will help with screen time much, but just curious to hear what others are getting.

23rd January 2013, 07:30 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 34

More
Re: [ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable RO
Update was painless

Sent from my SCH-I815 using xda app-developers app
23rd January 2013, 10:17 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Re: [ROM] Verizon i815 STOCK ICS rooted IMM76D.LP11 - Verizon OTA as CWM flashable RO
My battery life is just shy of 8 hours with 40% brightness, wifi and 4G on. GPS off. This is better than LP10.
23rd January 2013, 07:52 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 47

More
The first step went flawlessly using TWRP. I'll flash the LP11 modem.bin tonight using Odin.

Thanks for this, Electron. I'm about to make another small donation to your beer (or whatever) fund!
24th January 2013, 09:35 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrell

The first step went flawlessly using TWRP. I'll flash the LP11 modem.bin tonight using Odin.

Thanks for this, Electron. I'm about to make another small donation to your beer (or whatever) fund!

I have never tried TWRP on this tab. What's the current version for our i815? Does it work well? I assume just like CWM it doesn't accept stock OTAs though, does it?
I still keep going back to stock recovery in order to accept OTAs (which never come for me haha and I end up updating manually!)

24th January 2013, 01:48 PM |#16  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by electron73

I have never tried TWRP on this tab. What's the current version for our i815? Does it work well? I assume just like CWM it doesn't accept stock OTAs though, does it?
I still keep going back to stock recovery in order to accept OTAs (which never come for me haha and I end up updating manually!)

It was hard to flash (the apk method didn't work, I had to use Odin -- which really is no big deal, just scary for some). In any event, I'm running 2.3.10 available here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1809295

I love TWRP... so much easier than fumbling with the volume and power buttons.

Never tested with OTA because I rely on you!
24th January 2013, 09:05 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I like TWRP but wish it could mount my encrypted /data partition like it could for my Nexus 7.
25th January 2013, 01:08 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Stuck on 4G LTE Boot Screen
I'm going back from CM10 but after flashing ROM I'm now stuck on the Verizon 4G LTE screen. Not sure what you recommend?
25th January 2013, 01:32 AM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Vegas, baby!

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindstream98

I'm going back from CM10 but after flashing ROM I'm now stuck on the Verizon 4G LTE screen. Not sure what you recommend?

Did you wipe data/cache? Coming from CM10 you definitely need to do a clean install. You can simply flash the "wipe" version of the LP10 rom first, then upgrade to the LP11

30th January 2013, 02:46 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I'm buying you dinner tomorrow (well, I hope the donation I send you will ) ROM and modem installed without a single hitch. Only thing that caught me off guard again was the modified hosts file, bit I fixed that. Wife is happy! Thanks for your work on this.
30th January 2013, 09:52 PM |#21  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralik

I like TWRP but wish it could mount my encrypted /data partition like it could for my Nexus 7.

Looks like v2.4 can do this... check out the changelog.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)