Any feedback yet on Eten M600

Search This thread

hal

Jan 6, 2005
From all the specs I read, it looks like a great piece of equipment:
- quad-band (useful for me)
- 802.11 b/g (at last!!!). Wonder if WPA/WPA2 is supported, and PSK and/or 802.1x
-full-size SDIO
- Size looks to be between Magician and Himalaya (good enough for me!)
- BT 1.2 supported
- WM5.0...

So if anyone has anything to say about Eten in general and on the M600 in particular, I'd be glad to hear.

Cheers,

Hal

BTW, can be found here:
http://www.expansys.fr/product.asp?code=127430

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
I played with an Eten at Modaco.

Nice device, but fairly plasticy, unlike the aluminium sheathed godliness of HTC's stuff.

Nice to have the competition though. However, If i was going for a non HTC, I'd wait for the Atom = perkier.

V

Mogwai

Oct 16, 2005
Paris
hal said:
From all the specs I read, it looks like a great piece of equipment:
- quad-band (useful for me)
- 802.11 b/g (at last!!!). Wonder if WPA/WPA2 is supported, and PSK and/or 802.1x
-full-size SDIO
- Size looks to be between Magician and Himalaya (good enough for me!)
- BT 1.2 supported
- WM5.0...

So if anyone has anything to say about Eten in general and on the M600 in particular, I'd be glad to hear.

Cheers,

Hal

BTW, can be found here:
http://www.expansys.fr/product.asp?code=127430

Hal,

Do you know where this product can be purchased with a new abbonement in France?

mogwai

katsj

Nov 28, 2004
Larissa
As an owner of imate JAM and after reading all that about the warranty on blue angel and stuff I am going forward and I ll be ordering an ETEN M600 this monday morning!
At least it has full size SD and it supports SDIO!!!!
As for the quality mentioned above nothing can be worse than the firming on JAM. Have you seen the battery cover of the JAM???? How many of you have a jam that its colour didn't came off? Mine is becoming grey after the silver has gone in the back!
Anyway as for the samsung processor just think that K-JAM has the 200MHz version of it while M600 has the 400MHz one and I ve seen some benchmarks on the net showing clearly that tha 400MHz Samsung is faster in many tests than the Intel 416MHz located inside my JAM. At least msmobiles in their recent review say that skype works flawless something I never managed to see on my JAM or my friend's PDA2k.
So I will make a small review as soon as I lay my hands on it sometime after 5th of December.
And admins please create an area for ETEN users too.

SaBo

Sep 26, 2005
I've seen the E-ten m500 (300 MHz Samsung CPU) in action and must say that I was really impressed.
Scrolling of navigation cards (Navigon Mobile Navigator 5.1) almost in real-time.
You'll need at least 416/520 MHz Intel CPU to achieve same results.
Don't know about battery life though.

Sascha

katsj

Nov 28, 2004
Larissa
Sabo M500 has exactly the same processor with M600 and its clocked at 400MHz. I also saw an M500 and it was really fast and smoother than my JAM. Let me get my hands on M600 and I will let you all know how good it is!

hal

Jan 6, 2005
M600 in FR and lack of keyboard

Ok, I confess, I couldn't hold it anymore: I bought a K-Jam WWE while in Dubai last week.
First impression: not slower than BA/HIMA running WM5 (I have both - BA has dead screen now...).
It is the right size for me.
I tend to hate the keyboards, having been on Palm since 1995... The BA keyboard was laughable! But the on on K-Jam is real cool.

Keep feedback on M600 pouring please, I still find it's a nice piece of equipment!

My 2c,

Hal.

sandyind

Jun 11, 2003
Nomad
I had (still have, in fact) a Magician (JAM) till about 3 days back when after careful comparison of the various alternatives available (I wanted a WiFi pocket pc phone that was stable and fast) I bought the Eten M600.

Compared to my friends K-JAMs and JAMINs this one is really stable and fast. I can skype away happily on the M600 while my friends struggle to start up skype on their JAMINs. I make calls on Skype while they listen to garbage trying to make one.

Eten rocks, and at a price that $150 cheaper (including a free 1GB SD Card) than the JAMIN its too good a deal to ignore. @ HTC - competition has arrived, and in style!

Reactions: Clark Joseph Kent

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I had (still have, in fact) a Magician (JAM) till about 3 days back when after careful comparison of the various alternatives available (I wanted a WiFi pocket pc phone that was stable and fast) I bought the Eten M600.

Compared to my friends K-JAMs and JAMINs this one is really stable and fast. I can skype away happily on the M600 while my friends struggle to start up skype on their JAMINs. I make calls on Skype while they listen to garbage trying to make one.

Eten rocks, and at a price that $150 cheaper (including a free 1GB SD Card) than the JAMIN its too good a deal to ignore. @ HTC - competition has arrived, and in style!