Thanks Meter: 2,820

Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from Dark4Droid: LINKS ADDED TO OP #2
8th October 2013, 05:13 AM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar1986

Brother delete all scripts in init.d and flash project xtreame.
Use internal swap of 100 or 125 mb .
Do check for working cores on your kernel.
This way i reduced most of lag from my phone.

Sent from my MICROMAX A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

where to delete init.d scripts. Is it from etc folder
8th October 2013, 05:24 AM |#142  
Flag Ahmedabad
Thanks Meter: 52

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avles99

Use any file manager which has root permission than go to system-etc-init.d folder and delete all scripts from init.d folder

Sent from my Micromax A110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dhrtlockeroo9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dhrtlockeroo9 Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 06:11 AM |#143  
Flag delhi
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav247star

@shekhar1986 Does THese settings effecting the battery juice ..... mean any effect on battery how long does it last .....

As i know hybrid governor is a battery saver . it totaly depend on your use

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by avles99

Yes delete whole init.d folder. Flashing project xtreame will make a new one for u
Go to system/etc/init.d

8th October 2013, 06:16 AM |#144  
Thanks Meter: 814

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shekhar1986

As i know hybrid governor is a battery saver . it totaly depend on your use

---------- Post added at 09:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

Yes delete whole init.d folder. Flashing project xtreame will make a new one for u

I can see that PX is still creating magic with custom kernel as it was developed for stock kernels.:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9500 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to andiroxu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andiroxu Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 07:05 AM |#145  
Flag Gurgaon, India
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
@shekhar1986 buddy now i'd tuned my a110 to hybrid governor and scheduler to cfq ... is it okay.... & i will try project xtrreme i n evening
8th October 2013, 07:16 AM |#146  

More
I have seen number of posts mentioning that both cores are not working with custom kernel. The statement is partially false because the enabling of second core (online) depends on the load of first core. If the load in first core jumps the threshold then only second core will start. If this was not done by original developers then your battery would not have been that much long lasting and CPU span time would have been shorten by 50%. Therefore there is no bug of only one core always running. You are experiencing this because you are from stock kernel where CPU govs are limited and run all cores many times on the cost of battery. I say you should not be worry of cores running, they will be taken care of by kernel modules. Only you have to choose right combination of gov and scheduler as per your demand. There are number of threads on xda over this topic.

The choice of using PX is good and will boot your performance.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to andiroxu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andiroxu Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 11:55 AM |#147  
Flag Gurgaon, India
Thanks Meter: 385

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiroxu

I have seen number of posts mentioning that both cores are not working with custom kernel. The statement is partially false because the enabling of second core (online) depends on the load of first core. If the load in first core jumps the threshold then only second core will start. If this was not done by original developers then your battery would not have been that much long lasting and CPU span time would have been shorten by 50%. Therefore there is no bug of only one core always running. You are experiencing this because you are from stock kernel where CPU govs are limited and run all cores many times on the cost of battery. I say you should not be worry of cores running, they will be taken care of by kernel modules. Only you have to choose right combination of gov and scheduler as per your demand. There are number of threads on xda over this topic.

The choice of using PX is good and will boot your performance.

@andiroxu Verrrryyyrrryyyyyyy THAnks FOR HELPING A110 user's ... with your blessed KERNEL.... except i didn't understand(confuse) which governer with scheduler to use,,, could you please suggest me some in which i get Smoothness with better Battery LIfe ....
8th October 2013, 12:31 PM |#148  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav247star

@andiroxu Verrrryyyrrryyyyyyy THAnks FOR HELPING A110 user's ... with your blessed KERNEL.... except i didn't understand(confuse) which governer with scheduler to use,,, could you please suggest me some in which i get Smoothness with better Battery LIfe ....

I'm using zzmove with sio on 4.1.2. But that too with help for 4.2.x. But it's balanced between performance and battery. lulzactive/pegasus/Wheatley are good choice with sio but again it depends on the situation in which you are using them. I suggest you to read about all of them included in kernel to know which suits you. The best known one in android world for everything is smartassv2. You have glimpse about it from the thread on OP of my thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to andiroxu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andiroxu Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 12:53 PM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiroxu

I'm using zzmove with sio on 4.1.2. But that too with help for 4.2.x. But it's balanced between performance and battery. lulzactive/pegasus/Wheatley are good choice with sio but again it depends on the situation in which you are using them. I suggest you to read about all of them included in kernel to know which suits you. The best known one in android world for everything is smartassv2. You have glimpse about it from the thread on OP of my thread.

@andiroxu bro plz tell me the best combination of governor & io scheduler to play fifa 14 smoothly....& plz tell me how to swap 256 mb in cache plzzz

Sent from my A110 using xda premium
8th October 2013, 02:09 PM |#150  
Flag Goa
Thanks Meter: 1,051

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinayakpurohit1996

@andiroxu bro plz tell me the best combination of governor & io scheduler to play fifa 14 smoothly....& plz tell me how to swap 256 mb in cache plzzz

Sent from my A110 using xda premium

NOTE: exclude 1st line i.e., copying of swap.img. Follow copying of swap script onwards i.e., 2nd line onwards.
Hi..! For swap, Copy the "swap.img" to /cache folder and set permissions to rw-rw-rw . Also copy the script into system/etc/init.d folder and set permissions to -rwxrwxrwx . Reboot. Open terminal and check the command "free -m" or just "free". It will show you the mem allocated to swap along with used and free details. If it didn't work then in terminal execute the command "swapon /cache/swap/swap.img"
To change swap size Edit the script and change the value of "swap_file_size_mb=256 ". Check with "free" command from terminal for the size change. If not just reboot the device.
Regarding Governor choice for gaming If you need full potential of your device then "Performance" (Battery will drain quicker) or the above suggested for day to day use.
Andi Sir..! If i am lacking something in my suggestion plz correct me
Attached Files
File Type: zip 98swap_cache_v128.zip - [Click for QR Code] (3.1 KB, 32 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ==vj== For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ==vj== Ad-Free
8th October 2013, 03:01 PM |#151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ==vj==

Hi..! For swap, Copy the "swap.img" to /cache folder and set permissions to rw-rw-rw . Also copy the script into system/etc/init.d folder and set permissions to -rwxrwxrwx . Reboot. Open terminal and check the command "free -m" or just "free". It will show you the mem allocated to swap along with used and free details. If it didn't work then in terminal execute the command "swapon /cache/swap/swap.img"
To change swap size Edit the script and change the value of "swap_file_size_mb=256 ". Check with "free" command from terminal for the size change. If not just reboot the device.
Regarding Governor choice for gaming If you need full potential of your device then "Performance" (Battery will drain quicker) or the above suggested for day to day use.
Andi Sir..! If i am lacking something in my suggestion plz correct me

Every line, everything is perfect. After all you are also a developer!

The Following User Says Thank You to andiroxu For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andiroxu Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)