7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By wondereye, Junior Member on 25th March 2011, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2011, 03:40 PM |#21  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
We can't SIM unlock any phones but we can band unlock the D2G or Pro for use on AT&T and T-Mobile and perhaps some South American carriers too that use the same bands as AT&T.

The service is for sale so I cannot discuss it here on XDA.

If you are interested please PM me for details, thanks.

7th April 2011, 02:40 AM |#22  
OP Junior Member

More
thank you cellzealot, but what I need is to unlock the SIM slot. This is the pain of most non-verizon D2G owners.

What I am thinking is, can I ask/recruit someone who has a verizon account to request an unlock code for me? does this work? does Verizon require the IMEI bound up with the customer's registered phone?

Thank you guys....unlocking this phone really got me nuts, but I do want to make some efforts for its white color and the qwerty keyboard....lol
7th April 2011, 02:44 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 141

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondereye

thank you cellzealot, but what I need is to unlock the SIM slot. This is the pain of most non-verizon D2G owners.

What I am thinking is, can I ask/recruit someone who has a verizon account to request an unlock code for me? does this work? does Verizon require the IMEI bound up with the customer's registered phone?

Thank you guys....unlocking this phone really got me nuts, but I do want to make some efforts for its white color and the qwerty keyboard....lol

Have you tried with code purchased online? You may get lucky and yours unlock without having to involve Verizon.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
7th April 2011, 03:41 AM |#24  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 922

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wondereye

There are two reasons why it won't work to have someone with a VZW account try to help you unlock your device.
First, they require that the device be active on the account and that the account has been in good standing for minimum of 90 days.
Second, they will only unlock one device per account for 10 months, meaning that person will have relinquished their ability to have another device unlocked for themselves for that period.

The code is based on the IMEI of the specific device so there is no way to get around it short of hacking the PDS where the lock is stored. This has always been extremely difficult with Motorola devices although some claim to have done it already in China for the global Droids.
8th April 2011, 05:45 AM |#25  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you cellzealot. This is definitely an epic pain for us who like this phone but not on verizon.

I purchased 2 unlock code (which means i tried 2 D2G), non of them work. I think i am just going to purchase an already unlocked one....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellzealot

There are two reasons why it won't work to have someone with a VZW account try to help you unlock your device.
First, they require that the device be active on the account and that the account has been in good standing for minimum of 90 days.
Second, they will only unlock one device per account for 10 months, meaning that person will have relinquished their ability to have another device unlocked for themselves for that period.

The code is based on the IMEI of the specific device so there is no way to get around it short of hacking the PDS where the lock is stored. This has always been extremely difficult with Motorola devices although some claim to have done it already in China for the global Droids.

11th April 2011, 03:46 PM |#26  

More
Unlock code after a factory reset
Hi, I have an unlocked D2G. Does somebody know if a need to enter an unlock code (new or the old) after a factory reset? I have some problems with the syncroization after i uninstalled the executive assistant app. After a lot of reserch i have not found any solution than the factory reset but when i bought my D2G it was unlocked and i dont have the code, so i´m a litle afraid to do it.
Thaks for the replies.
12th April 2011, 02:00 AM |#27  

More
Phone will not relock, don't worry. You can do factory reset, sbf, abything, once unlocked it will remain unlocked.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
14th April 2011, 08:46 AM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjrech

Hi guys...

I want to propose a chalenge for those hackers from this site!

I'm in with $10 to the first guy that post
at DroidForums
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dro...gn-sim-11.html
or at XDA-Developers
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1007596&page=2
an eficient step-by-step method to unlock a Droid 2 Global locked from Verizon.

No TurboSIM or similars.

Who are with me?

+$50 here, i need my Droid 2 global sim unlocked too.
14th April 2011, 06:32 PM |#29  

More
Unlocking the phone is your least problem. GSM radio of this device is FAR from perfect. There are enough shortcomings that after a bit you will be ready to toss the phone somewhere where nobody passes by.

1. Radio resets/disconnects every now and then. When this happens, you get no incoming/outgoing calls/data/messages - all you get is [start rant]a 1.2GHz 3.7" screen PDA with slide out keyboard [end rant]
2. Due to Verizon customization, you must forget using USSD codes to check your balance, setup call forwarding (or any other GSM features). This is simply missing and incompatible with D2G. There is no way to configure call forwarding from phone menu either.
3. Software bugs like Exchange email unreliable, signal indicator showing crappy coverage when it is not.

Here are my thoughts on 1 2 and 3:
1 is what is the big problem. To address 2, you can put your sim in another GSM phone and setup call forwarding/etc. Far from convenient though!! I doubt 2 will ever get fixed as it is not problem for Verizon users (for whom the phone was actually designed)
3 - hopefully Motorola will fix those as they affect Verizon customers too.

1's only hope is if (big IF) Motorola releases update with fixed baseband software. Judging it is taking them now a GOOD 5 MONTHS so far with no update in sight for even obvious problems (like exchange email sync), it could very well go long enough and D2G die before its resolved. Baseband software is not even on the list of 'acknowledged' bugs. Even when they release that so awaited software update, those disconnect problems may stay. Waiting another 5 months for a fix is simply out of question. At least for me.

Some word of advise: For everyone looking to get this phone and use it with non-Verizon services (non Verizon SIM inside) - my recommendation is to PASS. If you want equally capable and looking phone, that (eventually) works properly on GSM - go get Milestone 2.
The Following User Says Thank You to leobg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift leobg Ad-Free
15th April 2011, 12:50 PM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 329

More
Hey, I have a question for those that had luck unlocking D2G with the unlock code.
Everyone keeps saying they got 2 eight digit codes.

So which one did you use to successfully unlock your phone? One of the eight digit ones or two of them together (16 digits)?

Thanks!
15th April 2011, 06:44 PM |#31  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xploited

Hey, I have a question for those that had luck unlocking D2G with the unlock code.
Everyone keeps saying they got 2 eight digit codes.

So which one did you use to successfully unlock your phone? One of the eight digit ones or two of them together (16 digits)?

Thanks!

I actually got one code only. 8 digit long. It worked. They provide 2 sometimes 3 codes, but you must use them separately. If 1 doesn't work, try 2, if 2 doesn't work try 3.
16 digit codes for D2G are IMO a scam (in connection with somebody mentioning a site selling "special" 16 digit codes for Droid 2 Global).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
d2g, locked

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)