[Q] i root my play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kingston951

Mar 1, 2011
after rooting which apps i can use now that Req root ?

and one more question how i can backup and restore roms ?

i realy need it

thnx for the helppers

AndroHero

May 28, 2010
Manchester
Oh wow it is just amazing how people these days can't do a search and read and figure it out. Go check the Dev section and do some reading you'll find all the answers you need

Sent from my R800a using XDA App

More to the point, why do people root, when they have no reason to..... If you want to know things you can do after root, there is no real need to root.

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
Now that your rooted you can get rid of bloatware by using an app called root explorer, navigate to the folders stored on your phone and delete everything you see. Bloatware will be gone

jacklebott

Oct 22, 2010
Land of the Idiots
Now that your rooted you can get rid of bloatware by using an app called root explorer, navigate to the folders stored on your phone and delete everything you see. Bloatware will be gone

Personally, I think Titanium Backup is better for removing bloat because it removes data associated with the bloat too

Also, to backup and restore your rom you need an unlocked bootloader. Root won't help you with that

alquistador

Jan 3, 2011
get titainium backup and freeze everything. Then get app 2 or sd and move some stuff over

Good Luck

Erikwithafro

Sep 13, 2011
Phoenix
Maybe it's time for a sticky thread about the best apps with root access? I think that would be a great idea. I wanted to root for a couple reasons (WiFi tethering, Six Axis controller, and removing bloatware) but there were still some things that I didn't know about that I do now because of a previous thread I made like this one.

cpnismo

Nov 7, 2011
I cant wait to root my verizon phone. Mostly I just want to take the bloatware off of it.

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
Guys, can i know what bloatwares exactly mean, and where can i exactly find those.

Sent from my R800i using XDA App

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
Guys, can i know what bloatwares exactly mean, and where can i exactly find those.

Bloatware is any app installed on your phone by a service provider that you don't want, but without root cannot get rid of. (i.e. On verizon, they include vzw navigator, a pay-to-use navigation system; backup assistant, a "service" that works the exact same way as any android automatically syncs your contacts with your gmail account; and visual voicemail, a pay-to-use voicemail system that is equivalent to google voice)

Sent from my R800x using XDA App

cpnismo

Nov 7, 2011
Bloatware is any app installed on your phone by a service provider that you don't want, but without root cannot get rid of. (i.e. On verizon, they include vzw navigator, a pay-to-use navigation system; backup assistant, a "service" that works the exact same way as any android automatically syncs your contacts with your gmail account; and visual voicemail, a pay-to-use voicemail system that is equivalent to google voice)

As a fellow verizon R800X user what did you remove from your phone? I got a list form loismustdie555 but Im just wondering if you removed more.

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011

Aww come on people, xda search button fail is 1 thing but google fail takes the cake. Now you must be trolling.

Whats next? Are you going to ask how to find google in the dev forums?

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
Hey dude. If you dont want to answer then just shut up. If i am really trolling then who cares, if other people know im trolling they wouldnt answer me and it is fine with me. Just freakin mind your own business and dont take opportunities to show off that youre better than any of the xda mate here.

paxChristos

Retired Forum Moderator
Aug 27, 2011
West Bend
As a fellow verizon R800X user what did you remove from your phone? I got a list form loismustdie555 but Im just wondering if you removed more.

Nothing :p
I'm keeping mine as close to stock as possible so once updates come out I can keep figuring out how to root the R800x :p

swebosdev

Aug 30, 2011
Dude go take your fustrations out on your wife or kids, if you think im showing off because i know how to read then that really doesnt say much about you.

Like the majority of people here, if i do not know something i will go look it up, not ask others to do it for me. Your either super lazy or just plain stupid.

vdciii

Jun 17, 2011
If paxchristos already answered then its over right. Why would you add up on things on which is already answered. Isnt it showing off. Why would i be frustrated? It is you who should be frustrated because nobody cares about how you show off here. I bet youre also doing it on others. Theres a problem with your attitude man. And stupidity is not even enough to describe. Maybe its just reasonable enough to take that frustration out on yourself. This is a place of information, from basic to advance. This isnt a place of showing off.

Status
Not open for further replies.